FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Internal memory corrupted ? unable to mount /data /cache

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ni4rkx, Junior Member on 25th January 2015, 05:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, first of all sorry for my english.

I'm S-off, rooted, using TWRP touch and android 5.0 (from ivanich).
I went out of memory on my internal storage, so I had a pop-up that says lower your storage (my sd card couldn't be mounted). Then i went in recovery to wipe cache and data for it would free some space, but I got theses issue:
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data: No such device
unmount of /data failed; no such volume
script succeeded: result was [0,200000]
updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/cache'
E:Unable to mount '/data'
...done
I also tried by advanced wipe> wipe Data and I went stuck on this :
"Formatting Data using make_ext4fs function"
If i try to reboot on the rom it's bootloop

I tried a few command in the terminal command that I've found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2683787
mke2fs -T ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
I get this :
filesystem too small for a journal
writing superblocks and lifesystem accounting information : done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 37 mounts or 180 days, whichever comes first. Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.
So I have no idea how to fix this I never had this error before and I can't find anything about it, only Odin but correct me if I'm wrong but Odin doesn't work for Sensation ?
Thanks for any help I appreciate

26th January 2015, 12:19 PM |#2  
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,443

More
you are facing probably the same issue with others that faced with twrp
those partitions corrupted after using the wipe options
the only thing i can suggest you is to use this solution
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...ssues-t2859588

best wishes
27th January 2015, 08:48 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
So yeah, i've try so many things, and none of them is fixing my problem.
First i've installed 4ext recovery and i had still the same issue, not able to wipe cache or data or factory reset.
I've tried to install adb but it doesn't recognize my phone, even with SDK tools, i can't tell the program what my phone is.
now i've tried to install the RUU (dl the .exe, found the rom.zip, and put on my phone renamed it "PG58IMG.zip" now when i'm on the fastboot it loads the file and then it get stuck at the userdata part....
If i try to boot the normal way i get the black screen with the red triangle and exclamation mark ....
I'm going to keep looking but it's getting harder than expected
(still sorry for my english)
30th January 2015, 03:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,033

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni4rkx

So yeah, i've try so many things, and none of them is fixing my problem.
First i've installed 4ext recovery and i had still the same issue, not able to wipe cache or data or factory reset.
I've tried to install adb but it doesn't recognize my phone, even with SDK tools, i can't tell the program what my phone is.
now i've tried to install the RUU (dl the .exe, found the rom.zip, and put on my phone renamed it "PG58IMG.zip" now when i'm on the fastboot it loads the file and then it get stuck at the userdata part....
If i try to boot the normal way i get the black screen with the red triangle and exclamation mark ....
I'm going to keep looking but it's getting harder than expected
(still sorry for my english)

I can't help with issue but userdata is not mmcblk0p8, it's mmcblk0p23 on our device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-30-16-36-39.png
Views:	450
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	3140726  
30th January 2015, 09:04 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinxnz

I can't help with issue but userdata is not mmcblk0p8, it's mmcblk0p23 on our device.

Hmm thanks for this info, I will try to do again all this but on an other computer tomorrow maybe it will work... I hope!
1st February 2015, 09:29 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Info 2
So after hours of trying to repair it, it still doesn't work.
But i've found something that might be intersting.
In recovery 4ext but now I'm twrp so I don't have the exact information again but when I went in storage information, it was written that the internal storage was --mb, and --mb free, so I guess it means that my partition doesn't exist anymore.. Anyway I've found that I'm not the only one with this but I still didn't find any solution to fix it..
1st February 2015, 10:18 AM |#7  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:

Hi, first of all sorry for my english.

I'm S-off, rooted, using TWRP touch and android 5.0 (from ivanich).
I went out of memory on my internal storage, so I had a pop-up that says lower your storage (my sd card couldn't be mounted). Then i went in recovery to wipe cache and data for it would free some space, but I got theses issue:

mount: failed to mount /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata at /data: No such device
unmount of /data failed; no such volume
script succeeded: result was [0,200000]
updating partition details...
E:Unable to mount '/cache'
E:Unable to mount '/data'
...done
I also tried by advanced wipe> wipe Data and I went stuck on this :
"Formatting Data using make_ext4fs function"
If i try to reboot on the rom it's bootloop

I tried a few command in the terminal command that I've found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2683787
mke2fs -T ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
I get this :
filesystem too small for a journal
writing superblocks and lifesystem accounting information : done

This filesystem will be automatically checked every 37 mounts or 180 days, whichever comes first. Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.
So I have no idea how to fix this I never had this error before and I can't find anything about it, only Odin but correct me if I'm wrong but Odin doesn't work for Sensation ?
Thanks for any help I appreciate

I decided to try TWRP yesterday and Im having a similar issue. However when i flash roms I have no issues at all. However i get stuck at the HTC logo forever when i try and boot. I have manually flashed boot.img so that isnt the issue. I even tried doing some mkfs.ext4 executions and i still have the same issue. Im going back to my E63 to see if i can still repair this. However looks like another device is looking likely.

Can anyone tell me if you can run some error logs for when the device is in the boot stage, and by that i mean when the HTC logo so showing? I dont think ADB will work in that mode.
1st February 2015, 11:09 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 819

Donate to Me
More
When you try to mount data from recovery does it fail?

Can you tell me which twrp your using? I mean which r stands at the end of the filename?
1st February 2015, 12:57 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_lerroyy

I decided to try TWRP yesterday and Im having a similar issue. However when i flash roms I have no issues at all. However i get stuck at the HTC logo forever when i try and boot. I have manually flashed boot.img so that isnt the issue. I even tried doing some mkfs.ext4 executions and i still have the same issue. Im going back to my E63 to see if i can still repair this. However looks like another device is looking likely.

Can anyone tell me if you can run some error logs for when the device is in the boot stage, and by that i mean when the HTC logo so showing? I dont think ADB will work in that mode.

What do you mean "some mkfs.ext4 executions" ? I wanted to try that but I couldn't find how to do it, I tried in ADB it didn't work & terminal from twrp neither maybe I didn't type correctly.
I'll suggest you to re flash it, or wipe & flash. (but it's not the point of my thread tho ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajito

When you try to mount data from recovery does it fail?

Can you tell me which twrp your using? I mean which r stands at the end of the filename?

Yes I can't mount it..
openrecovery-twrp-2.8.4.0-pyramid.img that i've flash by ADB
1st February 2015, 01:25 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 819

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What do you mean "some mkfs.ext4 executions" ? I wanted to try that but I couldn't find how to do it, I tried in ADB it didn't work & terminal from twrp neither maybe I didn't type correctly.
I'll suggest you to re flash it, or wipe & flash. (but it's not the point of my thread tho ...)

Yes I can't mount it..
openrecovery-twrp-2.8.4.0-pyramid.img that i've flash by ADB

Where did you download that image?
That sounds like you just experienced the brick bug.
1st February 2015, 01:54 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajito

Where did you download that image?
That sounds like you just experienced the brick bug.

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/pyramid from http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/66 the recovery img method.
Well I'm not sure because It booted the rom (cm12 from ivanich) but yeah bootloop on the CM logo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)