HTC Shift X9500 (Help Installing Windows XP)

Search This thread

tedburkholder

Dec 20, 2015
I just picked up a HTC Shift X9500 for the kids to play around on (instead of messing with my laptop :p)

Anyway, Vista sucks obviously, so I want to install Windows XP on this thing. I got windows installed ok. Installed all the drivers. However, here is the issue I'm having. If I DO NOT install the Video drivers, the WiFi adapter works & connects. I install the video drivers & the desktop looks nice, but then the Wifi doesn't work. Just shows as "Unknown Device" in the Device MGR. I can go back into the Device MGR & uninstall the video drivers & restart the system. Then BANG...the wifi is operational again. So, I'm not sure if I got a bad wifi driver or incorrect video drivers. Does ANYONE have all the drivers for this device (Using XP that is..)

It seems to run A LOT faster using XP over Vista. I know the device is old & very outdated, but it would be cool for the kids if I can get it working. There are instructions on this forum to install XP step by step but the links are dead & I can't follow the process. Anyone help??

Mr_stickz

Mar 18, 2009
Zwollywood
Hmm thats weird. I use windows 7 on it. Also alot faster than vista.
Wifi is still not working with me. But when i installed the videocard driver. None of my games would boot. So i un installed it. And i can play every game that can run on this old hardware. Seems to me the video driver isnt the best one written.

was it hard to get xp? I may try to dual boot to see wich seems faster with the games

akh.kurniawan

Dec 23, 2016
xp drivers for shift --- All Drivers ---

it seem all of shift drivers are there. but i don't understand the language, i don't know how to download its files. please, can you upload on somewhere else? i had use drivers from acer d150 for intel vga and realtek audio, and its working for htc shift. but i don't know where to download for shift touchscreen, wifi, and finger print

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
it seem all of shift drivers are there. but i don't understand the language, i don't know how to download its files. please, can you upload on somewhere else? i had use drivers from acer d150 for intel vga and realtek audio, and its working for htc shift. but i don't know where to download for shift touchscreen, wifi, and finger print

I have a stash of HTC Shift files. Check your PM as I have sent you a message with a link.

Qoam

Jun 23, 2021
HTC Shift
It’s 2021 … is anyone still playing with the shift? I guess my battery is completely dead or there is another problem because even plugged in it won’t come to life. Maybe my charger is t working.. any suggestions? Should I just put the shift in the trash?

dentedilupo

Mar 19, 2007
It’s 2021 … is anyone still playing with the shift? I guess my battery is completely dead or there is another problem because even plugged in it won’t come to life. Maybe my charger is t working.. any suggestions? Should I just put the shift in the trash?

shift batteries are good, mine is from 2008 and still perfect

maybe your htc is fully discharged, that is normal because snapvue drink the battery when the pc is off, mine wasnt used in almost an year, it wouldnt turn on, but put it charhing and start to charge...

ftoz

May 16, 2006
Ecxelent on shift is that can run without battery on external power. Both WM and PC. New phone can give to trash if battery is death.

4l3j4ndr0

Feb 26, 2011
hello! does anybody here have the xp drivers for the vista? i succesfully installed it but i'm missing the drivers, can somebody send them to me?