FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

recover pictures from old Wildfire with lost username/password and S-on

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By rolf008, Junior Member on 11th December 2018, 08:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
I have a HTC Wildfire where I lost the pattern log in and password for the associated account.
The phone has not been online for at least two years.
Yesterday I powered it up for the first time in two years. It seems to work perfect, but I can only get to the log-in screen that is asking for account name and password. I have a pretty good idea of what the account email address is. And I think I still have access to said mail account. (not 100%, since I'm not sure what email address it is)
I have tried to connect with adb, but the device is listed 'offline' and I know that it is in 'S-on'.
I would like to recover the pictures stored in the phones internal memory. I have already recovered those stored on the sdcard.
I'm a developer, but not an android developer, so i feel confident with bootloaders, and debug tools like adb and fastboot.
Can you help me?

12th December 2018, 08:23 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 774

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolf008

Hi all,
I have a HTC Wildfire where I lost the pattern log in and password for the associated account.
The phone has not been online for at least two years.
Yesterday I powered it up for the first time in two years. It seems to work perfect, but I can only get to the log-in screen that is asking for account name and password. I have a pretty good idea of what the account email address is. And I think I still have access to said mail account. (not 100%, since I'm not sure what email address it is)
I have tried to connect with adb, but the device is listed 'offline' and I know that it is in 'S-on'.
I would like to recover the pictures stored in the phones internal memory. I have already recovered those stored on the sdcard.
I'm a developer, but not an android developer, so i feel confident with bootloaders, and debug tools like adb and fastboot.
Can you help me?

Hi pal,
Your options without adb or s-off/unlocked bootloader are very limited. your easiest option is going to be work out the account name and password for the device.
doe the device definitely not have a custom recovery or an unlocked bootloader?
27th December 2018, 03:21 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I guess I just have to start typing possible username/password combinations.
Do you know if I have unlimited number of attempts?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)