FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HUAWEI MediaPad T3 LTE (Firmware, Root, making\receiving phone calls)

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By buddimanv, Senior Member on 19th September 2017, 10:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
HUAWEI MediaPad T3 10 LTE/4G

AGS-L09

FIRMWARE:
SERVICE FIRMWARE
http://combinefile.com
https://easy-firmware.com/home/browse/category/id/25975

ROOT
(1) See here ????
(2) TWRP AGS-W09 can be used to root (Magisk v14.0) but don't think backup\restore works. Or HERE (uploaded by a Russian dude for me as I can't create a login for the forum).

ENABLING PHONE CALLS: NO SOLUTION YET.
Phone calls are disabled on Vodafone (text works). No Dialer and it does not work with 3rd party or google dialers.

OEMINFO
NONE SHARED - May be it's different with Qualcomm processor - see https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=163 ?

HUAWEI MediaPad T3 8" LTE/4G

KOB-L09

OFFICIAL FIRMWARE: NONE YET
OTHERS:
combinefile FREE
easy-firmware - PAID - Never Used them

ROOT
TWRP

To get Backups working Download ASSAYYED_KITCHEN and follow instruction here. I would assume it would be the same for AGS-L09. And hopefully someone can share the OEMINFO backup (as far as I know, no information unique to your device are shared like IMEI, etc).

ENABLING PHONE CALLS: NO SOLUTION YET.
Phone calls are disabled on EE UK firmware KOB-L09C238B002 (text works). No Dialer and it does not work with 3rd party or google dialers. Confirmed to be working on O2 UK (KOB-L09C105B003).

[I]Quick info for 1st timers

Before rooting, you need to unlock bootloader for any Huawei / Honor devices.

Once you got the code Download\Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Now connect your Huawei device to the PC with a USB cable. (Give it required permission)
Boot your Huawei device into bootloader mode using the following command:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Once your device is in bootloader mode, issue the following command to unlock bootloader:
Code:
fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-password
Use the Vollume Up/Down key to select yes and power key to confirm - bootloader is unlocked now and phone will reset.

TOOLS
Huawei Update Extractor - to unpack and extract the contents of the UPDATE.APP that contain image's firmware.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to buddimanv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buddimanv Ad-Free

27th September 2017, 08:22 PM |#2  
AGS-L09 - Huawei MediaPad T3 10
Returned the HUAWEI MediaPad 8" T3 4G (Model KOB-L09, Android 7/) tablet now but gone crazy and bought a Brand New T3 10" from ebay (AGS-L09, Firmware AGS-L09C127B031 CUSTC127D002). This is on Vodafone UK Network but same issues as EE - no dialer. srsroot says it can be rooted but bit risky as I have never used that tool before, especially when I am unable to find any non Chinese FULL firmware yet. Any one tried this tool before?

I have a feeling that all the UK network remove the dialer (most likely using the same firmware) - wondering which firmware (English) supports phone calls (review on notebookcheck.net says its actually quite good). I guess oeminfo is needed to flash a different regional firmware?
29th September 2017, 08:57 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Man I'm in the same boat as you're I need to root my Huawei AGS-L09 but no avail hope some day we can find a way to do it with the help of the xda genius members!

By the way I can make phone calls on mine
29th September 2017, 09:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Mercer99, as per other thread, appreciate it (for your device security, can you remove the image as this has your IMEI)- we have the same model, but different firmware.

AGS-L09C199B002 is “Saudi Arabia Oman Kenya Cameroon Jordan Qatar Ghana Android 7.0 EMUI 5.1” region.

AGS-L09C127B031 is “Greece Hungary United Kingdom Nonspecific Android 7.0_EMUI” . The dialer/calling function is disabled on this firmware - confirmed on Vodafone and EE network.

Is there any way you can extract the OEMINFO from your device and share it with us. This should enable me to debrand the phone if I can find your firmware (downloaded EUROPEAN version with Firmware finder already – so really need an European OEMINFO).

My phone is still locked to Vodafone so I am not sure whether I can flash the firmware or even need root to flash a different OEMINFO (bootloader is unlocked already).
1st October 2017, 05:28 PM |#5  
Rooted
Took a risk and its rooted now - Magisk v14.0 installed fine and seems to be working (need to test further). Also, Vodafone unlocked the device now for me

Challenge now is to debrand so as to enable functions which has been disabled by Vodafone (namely calling).

Would appreciate if anyone can help - need OEMINFO from another region so as to change the firmware, especially European one or even other UK network who does not disable calling.
3rd October 2017, 10:18 AM |#6  
Could not contain myself…. In my quest to debrand so I can have a dialer/phone calling function, downloaded a firmware (either from FF Team or on the internet), tried flashing system.img file to see if it installs the dialer as it would not install extracted ones and it did not work. So tested with the boot.img and it did work but phone kept rebooting to eRecovery.

Restoring from TWRP (incomplete/untested) backup did not work. Can’t install any other regional firmware because of OEMINFO. eRecovery can’t find any firmware. The only thing – TWRP/Stock Recovery, eRecovery or bootloader!

Chatted with Huawei support and they won’t give me a link to download the firmware – want me to send for repair, which I don’t really want to – too much hassle and they may end up blaming me anyway….lol He agreed to upload one to their website if he can find one.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me an OEMINFO or link to EUROPEAN firmware with a dialer….. I think European one is AGS-L09C127B031CUSTC127D002 – would appreciate if anyone can share the file with me.
7th October 2017, 09:25 PM |#7  
Managed to source the Vodafone UK now firmware now - thanks to combinefile.com

The only think remaining is to enable the enable the dialer now – can someone help? Either a guide to enable within Vodafone firmware or share an OEMINFO and detail of a UK/European firmware that has a dialer enabled (i.e. can make calls) would be much appreciated.
14th October 2017, 01:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

ROOT
(1) See here ????
(2) TWRP AGS-W09 can be used to root (Magisk v14.0) but don't think backup\restore works.

did someone used the first method ("How to install Magisk with ADB") and root the tablet with success?
do i have to unlock my bootloader on huawei site even with that root procedure?
is there a working TWRP for this model?

i have a AGS-L09C100B011, it's an european firmware for sure
if you found it useful let me know what to do
15th October 2017, 09:51 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501st

did someone used the first method ("How to install Magisk with ADB") and root the tablet with success?
do i have to unlock my bootloader on huawei site even with that root procedure?
is there a working TWRP for this model?

i have a AGS-L09C100B011, it's an european firmware for sure
if you found it useful let me know what to do

I am not sure if anyone has tried but check the 4pda.ru forum (I have been using google translation) lol
It should work with a locked bootloader.

TWRP - I have updated the link now to 4pda.ru forum. I have used that to root my model. I don't think restore (and backups) works. Of course, you need blootloader to be unlocked first.

Does your  AGS-L09C100B011CUSTC100D002 have a dialer and can you make calls? I need the firmware and may be OEMINFO /Cust - not exactly sure how it works on a tablet. But it certainly needs something else to be changed.
17th October 2017, 05:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddimanv

Does your  AGS-L09C100B011CUSTC100D002 have a dialer and can you make calls? I need the firmware and may be OEMINFO /Cust - not exactly sure how it works on a tablet. But it certainly needs something else to be changed.

yes i have a dialer.
in the dealer if i type *#*#2846579#*#* it goes in the ProjectMenu -> 3. Network Information Query -> 2. SIM Lock Info -> it says simlock_deactive

I will not do anything to my device by now. i will wait for a complete guide without any risk since i'm a noob.
4th November 2017, 08:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tutorial please..
Please show me the tutorial to root my Mediapad T3 8.0 KOB-L09...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, huawei mediapad t3, kob-l09, making phone calls, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)