MediaPad 10 Link+ (S10-231u) | Factory files

Search This thread

Slluxx

May 11, 2013
Hannover
01/26/2016

This thread exists almost a year and nothing really happend in this time. I just wanted to say i am back on this and on this day i am releasing the factory files for this tablet. Download link is at the bottom.

The story behind:

Somehow i messed up this tablet. I rooted it and installed ****** as system app because some blocks wont mount RW and freedom wont work properly.
I reseted the software ( not knowing i installed ****** as system). So the app was still there. because of that i couldnt create a google account. Without an account, i couldnt start the app wich is needed to remove it completly. There you have a perfect way to f*ck up you tablet.

After hours of reading (again) how to port roms i managed somhow to get an original firmware update for this tablet.
I extracted the update file and got my sytem.img. I still had boot.img and recovery.img

How to flash the files:

1. Download ADB and Fastboot files HERE ( not uploaded yet) and put where you downloaded the img files (maybe a seperate folder for both would make sense)
2. Open cmd and navigate to them ( "cd C:\..\.." )
3. Type in "adb start-server" (without quotes " )
4. Bring your device to fastboot mode
- 4.1 Power off you tablet and start it again holding power and vol+ button OR
- 4.2 type in "adb fastboot-reboot" (without quotes " )

Put the image files in the same folder as the adb files and type in

"fastboot flash boot boot.img" OR
"fastboot flash system system.img" OR
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

this will flash the file you want and bring your tablet back to work.

GOOGLE SERVICE STOPPED WORKING - FIX
Just go into settings, manage apps and force close google service. uninstall all updates and it will install them again. without errors ;)

DOWNLOAD

HERE :)

Last edited:

the_at

Dec 12, 2009
That sounds great, I cant wait to see your progress.
Let me know if I can help you with something. I'm not a programmer tho, just user of CM12 nightly on my Galaxy S4. I do have the same mediapad S10-231u.

Best of luck!
Cheers,
the_at

the_at

Dec 12, 2009
Still supporting this!! Keep up the good work. I hope you find a way and liberate all us mediapad 10 link+ users :)))
Your from Germany right? Vielen Dank, dass du da so dran bleibst! Ich würde dich gerne unterstützen, habe aber von der Programmierung (und Linux) keine Ahnung... Viel Erfolg!!!

Thanks again!
the_at

Slluxx

May 11, 2013
Hannover
its hard to make everything from source. there are so much errors, DMCA blocks on github, ubuntu bugs and missing files. i already modifyd the recovey ( and it still works ) now im trying to make CM 10.1 and CWM.

Ja, ich bin aus Deutschland. Kein ding ;D
Ich habe selber nicht viel ahnung davon aber will das meißtern. es kann ja nicht angehen das so viele neute nicht das bekommen, was sie wollen :D

andorreta

Dec 26, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
There's an official rom for the chinese version with android 4.4.2 and emui 2.3. I tried to install in my S10-231u and works perfect. If you need newer drivers you can extract them from there.

But i'm waiting for a custom rom :)

SirElectro

May 10, 2011
There's an official rom for the chinese version with android 4.4.2 and emui 2.3. I tried to install in my S10-231u and works perfect. If you need newer drivers you can extract them from there.

But i'm waiting for a custom rom :)

Where did you find it ? And how to install on EU version?
Is there german language included?

Could help with development, too . are you still active ? I'm from germany too bzw.

Greets

andorreta

Dec 26, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Where did you find it ? And how to install on EU version?
Is there german language included?

Could help with development, too . are you still active ? I'm from germany too bzw.

Greets

It's in a spanish forum, htcmania. It's a post named "[TUTORIAL] Mediapad 10 Link+ (s10-231w)", there you can find how to root the tablet and the chinese and original roms.

Hope it helps a little :)

EDIT: Found this on XDA http://xdaforums.com/huawei-mediapad/general/cwm-recovery-mediapad-10-link-s10-231u-t3087271

Last edited:

Figus53

Dec 4, 2016
Buona sera a tutti.
Premetto che NON sono per niente competente della materia. Vorrei aggiornare il mio tablet (fermo alla versione android 4.2.2.). In rete ho trovato che per mezzo di applicazione "Huawei Firmware Finder" potrei aggiornare il mio tablet con una versione Android Nougat. Non mi fido di altri siti ed è per questo che chiedo a Voi se la cosa è veramente possibile. Vi ringrazio anticipatamente e resto in attesa di Vs consiglio.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    01/26/2016

This thread exists almost a year and nothing really happend in this time. I just wanted to say i am back on this and on this day i am releasing the factory files for this tablet. Download link is at the bottom.

The story behind:

Somehow i messed up this tablet. I rooted it and installed ****** as system app because some blocks wont mount RW and freedom wont work properly.
    I reseted the software ( not knowing i installed ****** as system). So the app was still there. because of that i couldnt create a google account. Without an account, i couldnt start the app wich is needed to remove it completly. There you have a perfect way to f*ck up you tablet.

After hours of reading (again) how to port roms i managed somhow to get an original firmware update for this tablet.
    I extracted the update file and got my sytem.img. I still had boot.img and recovery.img

How to flash the files:

1. Download ADB and Fastboot files HERE ( not uploaded yet) and put where you downloaded the img files (maybe a seperate folder for both would make sense)
    2. Open cmd and navigate to them ( "cd C:\..\.." )
    3. Type in "adb start-server" (without quotes " )
    4. Bring your device to fastboot mode
    - 4.1 Power off you tablet and start it again holding power and vol+ button OR
    - 4.2 type in "adb fastboot-reboot" (without quotes " )

Put the image files in the same folder as the adb files and type in

"fastboot flash boot boot.img" OR
    "fastboot flash system system.img" OR
    "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

this will flash the file you want and bring your tablet back to work.

GOOGLE SERVICE STOPPED WORKING - FIX
    Just go into settings, manage apps and force close google service. uninstall all updates and it will install them again. without errors ;)

DOWNLOAD

HERE :)
    its hard to make everything from source. there are so much errors, DMCA blocks on github, ubuntu bugs and missing files. i already modifyd the recovey ( and it still works ) now im trying to make CM 10.1 and CWM.

Ja, ich bin aus Deutschland. Kein ding ;D
    Ich habe selber nicht viel ahnung davon aber will das meißtern. es kann ja nicht angehen das so viele neute nicht das bekommen, was sie wollen :D