Media Pad Youth S7-701u/S7-702u Firmware and hardreset

368 posts
Thanks Meter: 162

By puntoazul, Senior Member on 15th December 2014, 01:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Process and info are updated.
apks updated to the last one

S7-701u and S7-702u these two models are exactly the same in terms of hardware, The only difference is that one comes with a clean firmware huawei (701u) and the other comes with bloatware and market operators logo (702u)

Firmware: The s7-701u firmware can be downloaded from huawei website here (617mb) but the s7-702u firmware is privative, and can't be obtained for free... Some pages offer it for money ( for example AssanFile )

A friend from Panama with a s7-702u paid for his operator firmware and share it to me here (617mb) but it comming with some panama operator bloatware and logos.

Note: inside the zip file is a pdf with install instructions, both firmwares are Simcard Unlocked

A )
But, what if you want your s7-702u with a fresh and original huawei firmware without bloatware and with original Huawei logos? then you must install the s7-701u firmware inside your s7-702u:

0) Download the s7-701u firmare
1) The tablet need to be rooted
1.1) Install BusyBox
2) Download from attachments this app (English and Spanish) VRCB Changer to patch your tablet id from 702u to 701u. ( Grant root access to the app).
3) unzip you firmware and copy the dload folder to the root of your microsd. (See attached pdf guide )
4) Reboot your tablet and s7-701u firmware will install a fresh and wiped android without bloatware and with original huawei logos (You must backup your data before this)

B) Huawei Tablet S7-701u/s7-702u Hard Reset Guide
1. Press and hold the power button + volume up + volume down.
2. When you feel the vibration,release the power button.
3. When the Android logo appears, release the volume up.
4. You will see some running lines in the Android logo, hold still the volume down and wait for 10 seconds then release it.
5. Then let it reboot by itself.
6. Hard reseting done.

I hope this could help anybody who need this information.
Attached Files
File Type: apk VRCB_en.apk - [Click for QR Code] (224.5 KB, 3354 views)
File Type: apk VRCB_es.apk - [Click for QR Code] (245.8 KB, 2644 views)
File Type: pdf S7-Youth SD-Card Upgrade User Guide.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (314.6 KB, 6872 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to puntoazul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift puntoazul Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 05:01 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Teques

More
Process and info are updated.
apks updated to the last one
The Following User Says Thank You to puntoazul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift puntoazul Ad-Free
11th January 2015, 12:42 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
@puntoazul
any further progress for this device regarding custom recovery.?

Thanks.
12th January 2015, 01:42 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Teques

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwong

@puntoazul
any further progress for this device regarding custom recovery.?

Thanks.

No
The Following User Says Thank You to puntoazul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift puntoazul Ad-Free
14th February 2015, 07:21 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by puntoazul

No

30th July 2015, 05:36 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Teques

More
Good News!!!!

at 22 July 2015 Huawei was released the kernel source code for the s7-701u... This means that we could being to make or customs roms.
Kernel Source here
8th August 2015, 10:57 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Teques

More
This is a good news

Huawei released the s7-701u (Media Pad Youth) kernel source code. This mean that developers can make custom roms

download here
30th September 2015, 06:39 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I need help with my device huawei media pad 7 (s7-702u) i tried with the info above but my recovery it's work, went it reboot it close when the logo appear and when a put out the sd card it continues normal
3rd October 2015, 05:53 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Teques

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HernG

I need help with my device huawei media pad 7 (s7-702u) i tried with the info above but my recovery it's work, went it reboot it close when the logo appear and when a put out the sd card it continues normal

is your s7-702u rooted, and have busybox installed and configured?

did you install VRCB_en.apk, and granted root acces?
2nd December 2015, 02:42 PM |#10  
Flag General Santos City
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

is your s7-702u rooted, and have busybox installed and configured?

did you install VRCB_en.apk, and granted root acces?

Is there a firmware for S7-701wa that I can download for free?
7th January 2016, 01:45 PM |#11  
Flag CAIRO
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please help
Quote:

This is a good news

Huawei released the s7-701u (Media Pad Youth) kernel source code. This mean that developers can make custom roms

download here

Are you still on the way things are still things as either still to come I can not install any ROM for this device (MEDIAPAD 7 YOUTH S7-701U)
Is not there any new terms of this device has become a very bad experience and very slow, and many suffered from cramps and even I do not know how to delete programs involving Huawei that maybe if you delete it becomes a little faster
Please help this device has become very slow Is there a way to make it even a little bit faster
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)