Thanks Meter: 1,978

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Android Open Source Project 9.0 Pie for Huawei P20 Lite

*** Beta Version ***

This rom is provided by the duo: @DarkJoker360 and @Askuccio_DROID

About
Code:
Android is an open source software stack created for a wide array of devices with different form factors. The primary purposes of Android are to create an open software platform available for carriers, OEMs, and developers to make their innovative ideas a reality and to introduce a successful, real-world product that improves the mobile experience for users.
Warning
Code:
* Your warranty is now void. * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
Working
Code:
* Boot * Touchscreen * Adb * Audio * Bluetooth * Camera * Internal/External storage * Sensors * Wifi * RIL * NFC * Almost everything
Not Working
Code:
* Hotspot Wifi maybe there are some minor issues !
Note: At first boot maybe you will get a bootloop to bootanimation but after it your device will boot up.

Installation
Code:
* you must also have this recovery version installed : TWRP(make sure you got latest version installed!) * go to TWRP and do format data and then a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache) ! * install AOSP rom * flash gapps and root (optional) * reboot to system * Enjoy !!!
Download
NOTE: These gapps are unofficial and are in beta stage so you can maybe face a lot of crases. It is recommended to install it after first boot and once installed you need to unistall Setup wizard because it will crash a lot !

Credits
@Askuccio_DROID
@Flex1911
@phhusson
@haky 86

How to Enable Notch !!
Add this string in the bottom of system/bin/getprop, this is a crypted file but it works.
[ro.config.hw_notch_size]: [312,90,384,45]
Warning: It can some temporary issues on UI

Kernel GPL policy: We are not violating kernel gps policy because we are making a treble based rom, so it is just a system image. Kernel is the default one provided by Huawei in Emui 8.x

I don' t have the device for testing, if you want faster releases please contribute for buying it. Thanks
DONATIONS

Regards !

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Source Project, ROM for the Huawei P20 Lite

Contributors
DarkJoker360
Source Code: https://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x unlocked bootloader
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 9.0
Beta Release Date: 2018-08-26

Created 2018-08-26
Last Updated 2018-08-27
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarkJoker360 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DarkJoker360 Ad-Free

26th August 2018, 08:50 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Aradeo

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
26th August 2018, 10:00 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
great rom. but which TWRP can use?
I tried but Google paly stopped and cannot connect the internet after booted .
The Following User Says Thank You to saercpku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saercpku Ad-Free
27th August 2018, 09:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just asking is this the rom with fixed camera? (issue from your pixel experience)

Btw what is the differnce between this rom and pixel expirience
27th August 2018, 12:09 PM |#5  
Flag Khartoum
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Hello @DarkJoker360

Finally I flashed AOSP 9.0 onto P20 Lite (Nova 3e) and it's awesome but, I noticed a few issues so I will list them below.

1. The initial setup gets stuck when I connect my WiFi to complete it, there is a page that says "Checking for updates" I think. The workaround is to skip the initial setup without connecting to the internet.
2. Bluetooth is not working properly, it detects Bluetooth devices but it cannot pair with them, The same issue affects WiFi connection. WiFi does get disconnected every and each time Bluetooth tries to pair.
3. Some graphical UI glitches when using like Uber when navigating the map.
4. I can't play music on my phone whether it's stock music app or google music app but, VLC player plays music perfectly.
5. The dark theme doesn't apply to the settings app, nor other places. It applies to the notifications header only.
6. The statusbar is not 100% optimized for the notch, it's hight is less than the notch by 5px or less as I believe.
7. Camera works fine.
That's it for now.
Below is a file contains logcats of bluetooth and music audio issue.
Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z bluetooth_and_MusicPlaying_issues.7z - [Click for QR Code] (184.2 KB, 166 views)
27th August 2018, 07:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
do you need root before installation or can you install the rom without root
28th August 2018, 11:05 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help support
28th August 2018, 12:52 PM |#8  

More
You know if this ROM works on p20 regular?
28th August 2018, 09:26 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Aradeo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samunoalejo96

You know if this ROM works on p20 regular?

Yes it will works
29th August 2018, 08:58 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJoker360

Yes it will works

Error 7
30th August 2018, 09:33 AM |#11  
Flag Ma sweet home
Thanks Meter: 597

More