Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery][P20/Pro][Unofficial]TWRP 3.2.1-0 [18/04/2018]

2,040 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,210

Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer

This software comes with no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Download and Installation

* Download twrp recovery
* Start your device in fastboot mode
* Install the recovery using the following command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [name of the file].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_clt_0.1.img
* Restart with this command:
Code:
fastboot reboot
* As soon as you execute the restart command,remove the USB cable and keep pressing Volume UP,so the device will boot to TWRP.This is to avoid that the device boot to OS,overwritting TWRP recovery.

Features

Internal storage decryption = working
MTP and OTG connection = working
Backup&Restore = working

Note: This was tested only by few P20 Pro owners,so if you test it,please report back!There are no sources for this yet,because is based on the work of @zxz0O0 ,from Honor 9 forum.

Credits
**** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him.I used his base to make this recovery work ,so in sign of respect his nick will also be on the TWRP boot screen.Thank again buddy!
**** TeamWin project ,obviously.

Download links

twrp_clt_0.1.img - Decryption support (you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk not available for backup./vendor not available for backup (use /vendor_image instead)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pretoriano80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pretoriano80 Ad-Free

18th April 2018, 06:44 PM |#2  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 771

More
Glad to see this. Any chance of sources or a pull request on my device tree to get decryption working?
18th April 2018, 07:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
hum.. it seem that decryption working great.
See :
Internal storage decryption = working
MTP and OTG connection = working
Backup&Restore = working
18th April 2018, 07:53 PM |#4  
Flag Hamburg

More
Yes. I was just asking for sources or a pull request on my Github repository. IMHO the decryption method used would be useful for anybody interested in ROM/Recovery development - and also required to comply with XDA licensing / GPL requirements.
The Following User Says Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 08:10 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1Pha

Yes. I was just asking for sources or a pull request on my Github repository. IMHO the decryption method used would be useful for anybody interested in ROM/Recovery development - and also required to comply with XDA licensing / GPL requirements.

This is not based 100% from sources, i have another version with working decryption, which is based on open source tree, bur it's not ready yet, just private testing.
This is not breaking any GPL/XDA rule, because it's using just a dummy kernel, not compiled or modified by me! 😉
18th April 2018, 08:15 PM |#6  
Flag Hamburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80

This is not based 100% from sources, i have another version with working decryption, which is based on open source tree, bur it's not ready yet, just private testing.
This is not breaking any GPL/XDA rule, because it's using just a dummy kernel, not compiled or modified by me! 😉

Thanks for clarification. Would you mind sharing some details via PM with me? I'd be glad to improve my repo
18th April 2018, 08:22 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1Pha

Thanks for clarification. Would you mind sharing some details via PM with me? I'd be glad to improve my repo

Yes, no problem! Also have a look at my Github (pretoriano80). My goal is also to make a fully open source version. 😉
The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pretoriano80 Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 09:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote: Note: This was tested only by few P20 Pro owners,so if you test it,please report back!

Hi Pretoriano80, Hi All,
Great job ! Just installed... I confirm that it works on my CLT-L29 8.1.0.106(C432)
Internal storage decryption, MTP and usb OTG connection, Backup& Restore (incl /vendor_image) : All working !

Many thanks & Cheers
18th April 2018, 09:31 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,453

More
CLT-L09 (C782) all is working as it should, successful backup and mount of my 1tb hard drive.

Absolutely fantastic work

Thanks
18th April 2018, 10:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Well this is very positive.

Less than 2 calendar weeks from release to TWRP release.

I think we can possibly have pretty high expectations for development on the P20 Pro.
18th April 2018, 10:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey im getting this when I attempt to run the fastboot flash recovery command:

C:\Users\andre\Desktop\twrp>fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_clt_0.1.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'recovery_ramdisk' (23542 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.151s]
writing 'recovery_ramdisk'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.171s

Can anyone advise please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)