FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[RECOVERY][OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.2.1-0 touch recovery

264 posts
Thanks Meter: 782

Post Reply Email Thread

NOTE: Decrypting data is not currently supported. MTP also does not work, but you can use adb to push and pull files.

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Sources: https://github.com/TeamWin
Device tree: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_d...awei_charlotte

Download

Flashing:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp-3.2.1-0-charlotte.img

Special thanks to @Dees_Troy for the Huawei Blanc device tree, which this is based on.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free

18th April 2018, 06:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Thank you so much Is there any chance of you uploading a twrp flashable image of the newest p20 pro update?
18th April 2018, 06:13 PM |#3  
Flag Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Will try this when I get home. It doesn't replace eRecovery, right? So I can still recover if anything goes wrong? Also, best way to boot into TWRP once flashed?
18th April 2018, 06:43 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifilth4king

Will try this when I get home. It doesn't replace eRecovery, right? So I can still recover if anything goes wrong? Also, best way to boot into TWRP once flashed?

As long as you flash the image to recovery_ramdisk it does not replace eRecovery, no. I actually used eRecovery to restore while testing my build.

Once flashed you can boot into TWRP via "adb reboot recovery" out of a running system with enabled ADB or via pressing VolUp+Power on a powered off device.
The Following User Says Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 06:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Many thanks a1Pha, just installed on a CLT-L29 8.1.0.106(C432), works flawless. Great job !

Once flashed you can boot into TWRP via "adb reboot recovery" out of a running system with enabled ADB or via pressing VolUp+Power on a powered off device.[/QUOTE]

You can also reboot to recovery if your phone is up and running opening Magisk Manager -> Modules, three points on the upper right corner will give you the choice recovery, bootloader or download...

Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdawali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdawali Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 06:59 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenso80

Thank you so much Is there any chance of you uploading a twrp flashable image of the newest p20 pro update?

To be honest: This is my first Huawei and I am still figuring out how they manage their region-specific customization. Also it seems not so easy to get the UPDATE.APP for current builds. So no promises here - but I'll try to figure out and create a new thread if I'm able to build something.
The Following User Says Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free
18th April 2018, 07:08 PM |#7  
Flag West Sussex, UK
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Thanks given! I'll try this when I get a chance! This is a good start for this new device
18th April 2018, 07:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1Pha

To be honest: This is my first Huawei and I am still figuring out how they manage their region-specific customization. Also it seems not so easy to get the UPDATE.APP for current builds. So no promises here - but I'll try to figure out and create a new thread if I'm able to build something.

Maybe this could be usefull?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...7c432-t3779167
18th April 2018, 11:41 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenso80

Maybe this could be usefull?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...7c432-t3779167

Thanks. As soon as I've got a fully working system.img which doesn't break different country models you'll hear from me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free
19th April 2018, 11:30 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Does it work for the CLT-L09 as well?
19th April 2018, 12:25 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by llvllorpheus

Does it work for the CLT-L09 as well?

Yes, I'm actually on CLT-L09!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)