FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Apple Music Crash

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By neolionhart, Junior Member on 29th April 2018, 08:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Installed Apple Music and it has been working fine since launch until recently. At launch it will just crash in about a second. I've tried clearing cache and data, reinstalled, and rebooted the phone to no success.

Anyone else has/had any issues with this?

29th April 2018, 09:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neolionhart

Installed Apple Music and it has been working fine since launch until recently. At launch it will just crash in about a second. I've tried clearing cache and data, reinstalled, and rebooted the phone to no success.

It's working ok for me so might be a firmware issue on the phone
29th April 2018, 09:34 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisnalee

It's working ok for me so might be a firmware issue on the phone

Thanks for the reply. My device is CLT-L09 UK model on EE and it's been the same firmware since launch with no updates. Like I said, it was working fine up until recently.
29th April 2018, 09:41 AM |#4  

More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. My device is CLT-L09 UK model on EE and it's been the same firmware since launch with no updates. Like I said, it was working fine up until recently.

Exact same setup for me so that's not much help for you unfortunately!
3rd May 2018, 11:53 AM |#5  
Flag Sofia

More
Quote:

I have the exact same problem. Switched from an iPhone to Huawei P20 Pro. Apple Music was fine for a week and since yesterday it keeps crashing. Installed old version APKs, tried cleaning everything, even resetting the phone to factory settings although there were no firmware updates. Literally tried everything and no luck.

And that's just one of the issues I am having. Some SMS messages won't show up in the default messaging app, notifications won't show on lockscreen. Some strange OS hiccups happening all the time. The whole office here tried to enable the notification content on the lockscreen - we know where the option is - but it just doesn't work. The SMS isssue is beyond Huawei support and carrier support. And hey, we are phone reviewers, we know stuff FFS...

Anyway, joining the wagon with Apple Music crashing and hoping for some resolution.
The Following User Says Thank You to eomero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eomero Ad-Free
3rd May 2018, 01:00 PM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Me too, signed up to a free 3 months a few days ago. Working well yesterday, since this morning I can't open the app.
I've uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache/data and nothing. EE handset too. Although didn't use the 6 months free offer from EE. I'll use that when my 3 month one expires.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
4th May 2018, 08:23 AM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Out of interest, if your having the apple music crash, do you also have the issue with Google maps? I have both! Starting to wonder if the problems are linked and I need to go for a replacement handset.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
4th May 2018, 09:03 AM |#8  
Flag Sofia

More
I don't have other apps crashing, just Apple Music. Used Google Maps this morning.

Also I used AM on lots of Android devices, this is the first one where it completely stopped working.
4th May 2018, 12:21 PM |#9  

More
I'm using the EE 6 MTH trial and both apple music and Google maps are still working fine for me.

It could be a simple phone setting or another app conflicting with it.
4th May 2018, 12:24 PM |#10  
Flag Sofia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisnalee

I'm using the EE 6 MTH trial and both apple music and Google maps are still working fine for me.

It could be a simple phone setting or another app conflicting with it.

It could, but nothing is fixed even after factory reset. It just happened in a slow day with no new installed apps or updates (I have just 8 apps anyway). Tried everything already. It's like it's an hardware issue...
4th May 2018, 12:27 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomero

It could, but nothing is fixed even after factory reset. It just happened in a slow day with no new installed apps or updates (I have just 8 apps anyway). Tried everything already. It's like it's an hardware issue...

Be worth checking with others and compare apps to see if it's that.

I installed an app similar to geekbench and it's stopped my pixel XL from switching on with the power button, i had to hard reset it to bootloader menu every time to get it going. Took some head scratching to narrow it down. Once app removed the phone was as good as new again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)