FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Compatibility with Android Auto

530 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By WDawn, Senior Member on 2nd April 2018, 01:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there someone who could test the compatibility of the P20 Pro extensively with Android Auto? I suspect the general incompatibility (waze, Google music, in call screen,...) of the Mate 10 Pro is still not solved and till now not one review pays attention to this glaring issue. Curious if Huawei has solved this problem with this new phone.

More info on https://www.facebook.com/huaweinotco...ithandroidauto

2nd April 2018, 05:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Interesting. I'll listen here before buying, because I use Android Auto quite a bit, so if it doesn't work it's a no go for me.
5th April 2018, 09:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Zwevegem
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Unfortunately the first feedback reports the same incompatibility as with the Mate 10 Pro.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...87291041864969
The Following User Says Thank You to WDawn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WDawn Ad-Free
9th April 2018, 11:22 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm having issues connecting the phone to the head unit now with the android 8.1. It is telling me that there is a error code of communication error 6
9th April 2018, 01:52 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This is diabolical, for such a basic functionality!!!
9th April 2018, 02:01 PM |#6  
Flag Moretonhampstead
Thanks Meter: 268

More
I am awaiting delivery of my P20 Pro, and was literally 5 minutes away from ordering an Android Auto headunit!

You have just saved me a lot of money... thanks!

Hopefully more people on here will be able to test.
10th April 2018, 08:26 AM |#7  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 28

More
For me, the only thing that doesn't work is Play Music. The progress bar moves but there's no sound. BBC iPlayer Radio and TuneIn Radio both work fine. No problems with Maps and phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowgolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowgolf Ad-Free
10th April 2018, 09:08 AM |#8  
Flag Basildon
Thanks Meter: 46

More
It's poor at best, if you get it working leave it and don't touch anything.

Had a trip in partners Ford Focus - Sync 3 head unit, works fine with Pixel 2XL/XZ1 Compact but this just either didn't want to play anything or when attempting to read a message would give the error "voice commands not available at the moment" same when attempting to use voice commands as well. Once I did get it playing music and maps I just left it as I didn't want to break anything but still no voice commands available.
14th April 2018, 02:32 PM |#9  
Flag Swindon
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Looks like Google will be making Android Auto fully compatible with the P20 Pro. Looks like our phone is a big enough launch from Huawei to attract attention from them.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/a...reless-3452655
17th April 2018, 01:17 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm using a P20 Pro. I have been using android auto in my golf now and everything seems to work fine. The only issues I am having are that I can make calls, but I can't see the phone call on the screen which means I have to use the steering wheel to hangup. When someone rings me I can't see it on my. Infotainment screen. Also can't see all of my contacts. Only my most recent. Hopefully there is a fix coming for this
17th April 2018, 05:20 PM |#11  
Flag Lhasa
Thanks Meter: 2,088

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDawn

Is there someone who could test the compatibility of the P20 Pro extensively with Android Auto? I suspect the general incompatibility (waze, Google music, in call screen,...) of the Mate 10 Pro is still not solved and till now not one review pays attention to this glaring issue. Curious if Huawei has solved this problem with this new phone.

More info on https://www.facebook.com/huaweinotco...ithandroidauto

Just received my P20 Pro yesterday, and just like my all previous Huawei phones (P9, P10, Mate 10 Pro) - it works with AA fine enough (only issue - call screen is not being shown).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)