Horrible touchscreen latency / lag / delay

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 58

By Frakatchoo, Senior Member on 7th April 2018, 11:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th April 2018, 07:28 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I've got a Note 8 on oreo, zero issues like this.

Nah I'm leaning toward the fact that this may be chosen for some reason or simply that they do not care. Maybe it will get fixed din software, maybe not. Someone said it was on the mate 9 and NEVER got fixed. Some say it was on the mate 10 and got fixed. Who knows. Personally I'm over this phone. Sensible touch is a key feature in my world. I'll send this back and wait for something else to come along.

19th April 2018, 11:51 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Yes but nexus 6p along with pixel 2 and xl phones have multi touch problem that have not been fixed officially since 8.1. Launch in dec

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerSoul925

I've got a Note 8 on oreo, zero issues like this.

Nah I'm leaning toward the fact that this may be chosen for some reason or simply that they do not care. Maybe it will get fixed din software, maybe not. Someone said it was on the mate 9 and NEVER got fixed. Some say it was on the mate 10 and got fixed. Who knows. Personally I'm over this phone. Sensible touch is a key feature in my world. I'll send this back and wait for something else to come along.

S9 also free of this problem. Manufacturers have freedom to modify and fix drivers, of course, some did (Samsung, xiaomi), but my point was this has something to do with oreo.

Pixel 2 xl, 8,0 have touch sensitivity issue. Then it got upgraded to 8,1 and introducing multi touch issue.

Razer phone came with nougat, problem free. Upgraded to oreo, multi touch issue.

Xz2, mix 2, p20 pro, op5t (i think it's fixed not sure) now all have very similar issue.

As for pixel 2 xl, a fix actually came out, fixing all touch sensitivity and multi touch problems, but yet to found its way to April update. It was fixed thru magisk module.

If you want to buy a new phone, just make sure to check out their respective forums here or do a Google search whether it has a similar issue like this. I was disappointed and sold my p20 pro, got my self a Sony xz2, and the problem is worse here.
19th April 2018, 11:55 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixy

I made a comparison with my nexus 6p to make it easier for others to understand and to check their own device.

https://youtu.be/xIZp7O0etEM

Hmmm this is very interesting. I wouldn't describe it as touchscreen lag though.

This could definitely be a deal breaker but at least it looks to be a software thing.
20th April 2018, 11:28 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Any updates? Has same issue and my typing is incredibly slow as a result, it been very lagging, as well as pressing the back button
20th April 2018, 05:41 PM |#45  
Flag Arras
Thanks Meter: 12

More
The fact is when you install a touchscreen app to test it, it detects even the smallest touch on the screen. So it's not a physical detection problem, but a software bug/wish from Huawei. Just have to wait what's Huawei next move about that.

Can't tell if it's an input lag (from the touchscreen or the processor) or something else.

On my unit it moves after 2/3 mm of sliding my finger.
21st April 2018, 04:13 AM |#46  

More
I mean those scrolling is still fine or pressing back button animation. But typing is what bothers me most coz i cant type very fast as compared to my previous oneplus 3
21st April 2018, 09:25 AM |#47  

More
Guys i found that u can just go to google play store to download those touchscreen repair app, works like a charm for me! As simple as that
21st April 2018, 09:44 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I actually went to the shop to test both P20 and P20 Pro. Surprisingly, P20 didn't have the lagging issue as compared to P20 Pro. I tested 2 sets of P20 pro both have similar lagging issue. I really hope Huawei can fix this issue soon.
21st April 2018, 09:49 AM |#49  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezj

I actually went to the shop to test both P20 and P20 Pro. Surprisingly, P20 didn't have the lagging issue as compared to P20 Pro. I tested 2 sets of P20 pro both have similar lagging issue. I really hope Huawei can fix this issue soon.

Hv u tried dl the app in google play, it fixed for me, much responsive now

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
21st April 2018, 10:31 AM |#50  
Flag Teheran
Thanks Meter: 844

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillasfolk

Hv u tried dl the app in google play, it fixed for me, much responsive now

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Impossible, all those apps are scam.
21st April 2018, 10:53 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I don't have these issues at all... Works just the same as any other android phone I've had
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
latency, p20 pro, screen, touch, touchscreen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)