FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Huawei calendar opening Chinese maps amap

138 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

By edmun, Senior Member on 1st February 2019, 08:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys. didn't notice this until today as I was selecting an event in calendar (Huawei Calendar) and clicked on Show on map. usually when I was using Google Calendar, if I would click link to the location of the event, Maps Google would open but on the Huawei App it opens a website amap.com which is for navigating in China?

I have checked the Huawei calendar app but sadly haven't found any settings there.
is there a way to change it so Maps Google would be used?

7th February 2019, 05:32 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Me too
I don't think it's always done that.

I am on a Mate20 Pro.

Can't see any setting to revert to Google maps.
18th February 2019, 01:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have the same issue, appeared in EMUI 9
18th February 2019, 01:17 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I have tried to contact their support and ask for this, but somehow I forgot the exact steps to recreate it.
Could someone help me out? Was it the link to maps from the notification of calendar?

edit: ok found it. It looks like it is for events which are coming from google calendar down to Huawei calendar app.
I will test it and contact support.

edit 2: Correct. If the address is added on calendar.google.com and will be synced to Huawei P20Pro.
Once event is opened in Huawei Calendar app and the user will click on "Show on map" link underneath the address - it will open Chinese maps website.

I have opened a ticket with UK Huawei Support and provided them screenshots and small video

The Following User Says Thank You to edmun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edmun Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)