FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

P20 pro battery issues

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By rosseeles, Junior Member on 12th April 2018, 06:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

Got my p20 pro a few days ago, love the phone but have a few issues, mainly battery.

After seeing slot of comments saying how people are easily getting 6/7 even 8 or 9 hours sot I'm struggling to get to 5. I have display on auto, removed uneeded apps, have darkened colour selected for menus etc yet I can't get through a day of use (Twitter, email, internet and some YouTube videos) I do have Spotify on in the background slot, but looking at the usage settings the highest battery use for that has been around 241 ma, so not a great deal

Is there anything obvious I'm missing?

A second issue is that when using pinch to zoom in you tube in landscape mode I get a line between the screen and the notch which looks like a weird display gap and is really annoying, anyone else get that?

Lastly...in camera mode I've watched a ton of phone reviews and night mode is a swipe able option along the bottom, next to aperture mode etc...however I don't have this, I have to go into more then night mode, anyone know why that is? ( I'm in the UK if that makes any difference)

Thanks for any help you can give

Ross

12th April 2018, 06:58 AM |#2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Same here, Im not impressed with the battery.
12th April 2018, 08:34 AM |#3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Same here. Its not a deal breaker though over night
I lose 2% on idle with aeroplane mode on and then shortly using 2% drops off.

We seem to forget that this is the initial release of the firmware - I am sure huawei will optimise it further to improve battery
The Following User Says Thank You to mulkman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mulkman Ad-Free
12th April 2018, 08:45 AM |#4  
Flag Basildon
Thanks Meter: 46

More
My phone nearly always gets charged overnight, the fact that this is now easily getting me through the day with zero scares is good for me, I'm not trying to eek 2 days out of it, if Huawei somehow get that then all well and good, but for now I'm happy knowing it's unlikely to die on me if I leave the house at 100%
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP2611 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaveP2611 Ad-Free
12th April 2018, 09:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I had the same issue, but seem to have stabilised it.

Try the following :

Stick to one resolution rather than smart.
Disabled adaptive eye.
Keep the notch on
Managed all apps manually (setting only my key apps to auto and run in background)

I also deleted the cache on all apps and the system via boot menu because I think migration caused some of the issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to lp77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lp77 Ad-Free
12th April 2018, 09:43 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
I'm sure mines got something going on in the back ground, fully charged to 100% left in standby while driving to work, arrive (30 mind later with the phone not used) and it's gone down 3%.

Tried the settings above and have manual control over all the apps, I kill off apps after I use them and it's still draining worse than any phone I've had for the last few years.
12th April 2018, 10:58 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosseeles

Hi
Lastly...in camera mode I've watched a ton of phone reviews and night mode is a swipe able option along the bottom, next to aperture mode etc...however I don't have this, I have to go into more then night mode, anyone know why that is? ( I'm in the UK if that makes any difference)
Ross

That is the same menu i have (i'm in Belgium)
i have to go in "more" and then select "night shot"
12th April 2018, 11:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Yeah, the phone menus are a step backwards from the mate 10 pro. Dunno why they've done it this way
20th April 2018, 12:57 PM |#9  
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosseeles

I'm sure mines got something going on in the back ground, fully charged to 100% left in standby while driving to work, arrive (30 mind later with the phone not used) and it's gone down 3%.

Tried the settings above and have manual control over all the apps, I kill off apps after I use them and it's still draining worse than any phone I've had for the last few years.

Same here!!!
20th April 2018, 04:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 209

More
I get between 8 and 9 SOT a day, Wifi most of the day, 3 hours netflix on 4g with BT headphones, instagram, whatsapp, web browsing, streaming deezer music on BT headphones, texts, some calls. No snapchat or games though and facebook is not logged in.

Haven't tested standby drain yet but maybe it's standby that's killing your battery?

This is in one day though and is excessive use as I have two Instagram accounts and lots of work emails as well. I also don't have a pc at home so use phone for browsing.
24th April 2018, 09:09 AM |#11  

More
How is your settings within the battery category? Do you manage the apps to etc run manually or what do you have in the settings that gets you so much of SOT?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)