P20 pro bricked!

Search This thread

arco94400

Nov 26, 2018
quotation from post #4

Unless You have speciall rollback firmware (like the one listed on funky that brings you back to 156) do no try to downgrade. Most likely it won't work or in worst case you'll brick your device.

hello i have the same problem with my CLT-l29C432 frp lock phone unlock on beta pie 108 and when i try to downgrade via hisuite funky method the phone boot on twrp that shows me this error that i mi in photo, i also try the Dload method with the funky file nothing works anyone could guided me for remove twrp and bck to sctock?
380c4940125fb0133abfe97838172d0b.jpg

Last edited:

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
Can you show me a screenshot of how this entire dload folder should look like ?

On the previous page.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

hello i have the same problem with my CLT-l29C432 frp lock phone unlock on beta pie 108 and when i try to downgrade via hisuite funky method the phone boot on twrp that shows me this error that i mi in photo, i also try the Dload method with the funky file nothing works anyone could guided me for remove twrp and bck to sctock?

Sorry man, I can only recommend contacting funky huawei via email.

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
Hi, pls how do I prepare the files from ff? Do I place them as they download on the flash drive? Or any renaming?

https://androidhost.ru/search.html isn't loading up for me.

Guys please. Firmware provided by androidhost.ru is NOT the same as the one downloaded from firmware finder.
You cannot simplye replace files and make it work.

When it comes to 157 - I've just downloaded 3 firmwares from androidhost.ru and in none of the downloaded packages was even mentioned it was a rollback version, I really don't know where this information come from.

Questions regarding how to are already replied in this thread. Do some research.

No offence but I wouldn't try to downgrade using unknown method. You can end up with brick.

Reactions: peter osoro

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
Guys please. Firmware provided by androidhost.ru is NOT the same as the one downloaded from firmware finder.
You cannot simplye replace files and make it work.

When it comes to 157 - I've just downloaded 3 firmwares from androidhost.ru and in none of the downloaded packages was even mentioned it was a rollback version, I really don't know where this information come from.

Questions regarding how to are already replied in this thread. Do some research.

No offence but I wouldn't try to downgrade using unknown method. You can end up with brick.

I can't see this screenshot at the previous page that you mentioned earlier

forever_lol

Mar 18, 2013
Thank you very much for this. So as it turns out, this time I did everything correctly, but the error message is different, it is telling me "Incompatibility with current firmware. Please download the correct package." Any ideas ? I'm a bit lost there :confused:

Sorry bro. No idea. I guess we'll have to wait for proper service firmware.

realz88

Sep 8, 2005

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204111757.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204111757.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 335
  • Screenshot_20181204111812.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204111812.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 340
Reactions: HrnSrky

SUPNYUS

Apr 15, 2016
Firmware 157 is aparently not official rollback version. At least not the one you can get from androidhost.ru. I don't think this method works with Pie. Sorry mate.

WAIT, what if it have something to do with Dual and single SIM ? Because sole firmwares are made for single and others for dual ?

HrnSrky

Nov 22, 2017
ELAZIĞ
how u find sd_update.tag file... i never seen in the any zip files.
(i have also same problem . no twrp no erecovery work. just working fastboot.)
(bootloader) CLT-L29
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.006s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal
vendorcountry: hw/eu
finished. total time: 0.003s

(bootloader) :CLT-L29 9.0.0.16
OKAY [ 0.004s]
finished. total time: 0.004s

getvar:rescue_enter_recovery F
finished. total time: 0.020s

(bootloader) :CLT-L29 9.0.0.10
OKAY [ 0.004s]
finished. total time: 0.005s

kikireki

Jul 17, 2014
how u find sd_update.tag file... i never seen in the any zip files.
(i have also same problem . no twrp no erecovery work. just working fastboot.)
(bootloader) CLT-L29
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.006s

vendorcountry: hw/eu
finished. total time: 0.003s

(bootloader) :CLT-L29 9.0.0.16
OKAY [ 0.004s]
finished. total time: 0.004s

getvar:rescue_enter_recovery F
finished. total time: 0.020s

(bootloader) :CLT-L29 9.0.0.10
OKAY [ 0.004s]
finished. total time: 0.005s

You can download the firmware for your phone. Extract the UPDATE.app, from there take:
Kernel.img
Recovery_ramdisk.img
System.img
Flash them using fastboot and your device should boot up.

HrnSrky

Nov 22, 2017
ELAZIĞ
Still getting an error message.

You can download the firmware for your phone. Extract the UPDATE.app, from there take:
Kernel.img
Recovery_ramdisk.img
System.img
Flash them using fastboot and your device should boot up.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash KERNEL KERNEL.img
target reported max download size of 471859200 bytes
sending 'KERNEL' (24576 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.536s]
writing 'KERNEL'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.546s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery KERNEL.img
sending 'recovery' (24576 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.537s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: partition length get error)
finished. total time: 0.567s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash RECOVERY_RAMDISK RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img
sending 'RECOVERY_RAMDISK' (32768 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.719s]
writing 'RECOVERY_RAMDISK'...
finished. total time: 0.730s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash RECOVERY_RAMDIS RECOVERY_RAMDIS.img
sending 'RECOVERY_RAMDIS' (32768 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.710s]
writing 'RECOVERY_RAMDIS'...
finished. total time: 0.722s

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash system system.img
sending sparse 'system' 1/9 (460796 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.624s]
writing 'system' 1/9...
OKAY [ 2.093s]
sending sparse 'system' 2/9 (449804 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.284s]
writing 'system' 2/9...
OKAY [ 2.007s]
sending sparse 'system' 3/9 (460796 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.536s]
writing 'system' 3/9...
OKAY [ 2.006s]
sending sparse 'system' 4/9 (460796 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.537s]
writing 'system' 4/9...
OKAY [ 2.020s]
sending sparse 'system' 5/9 (460796 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.512s]
writing 'system' 5/9...
OKAY [ 2.027s]
sending sparse 'system' 6/9 (460796 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.536s]
writing 'system' 6/9...
OKAY [ 1.779s]
sending sparse 'system' 7/9 (460796 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.667s]
writing 'system' 7/9...
OKAY [ 1.971s]
sending sparse 'system' 8/9 (460796 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.571s]
writing 'system' 8/9...
OKAY [ 2.144s]
sending sparse 'system' 9/9 (319468 KB)...
OKAY [ 7.303s]
writing 'system' 9/9...
OKAY [ 1.513s]
finished. total time: 109.152s
nothing changed :(((

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How did you flash firmware via usb otg? Could You please link tutorial?

I didn't find any guide. I was in fact guided by Mr. oslo83 in a telegram group https://t.me/flashing_huawei

The process is very simple. I will try to reproduce the steps I followed as under :-

1) Download the correct firmware for your device according to your region from https://androidhost.ru/search.html and extract it. (Note :The downloaded firmware must be of the same build number installed or superior bcoz downgrading can hard brick your device)

2) After extraction you will find a folder named "dload" (This is our concerned folder, pay attention!)

3) Inside the 'dload' you will find one zip file named 'update_sd', extract its content within the dload folder but keep the un-extracted zip also as it is.

4) Apart from 'update_sd.zip' you will also find two subfolders inside 'dload'.
    In my case the two subfolders were '... 'update_sd_CLT-L29_hw_eu' & ''update_sd_CLT-L09_hw_eu'

5) Since my model was CLT-L29 therefore I deleted the subfolder named 'update_sd_CLT-L09_hw_eu'

6) Now rename the subfolder "update_sd_CLT-L29_hw_eu" to "CLT-L29_hw_eu" and on opening it you will find a same named zip inside. Like before extract its content within the subfolder and also keep the zip file intact'

7) That's it. Your 'dload' folder is now ready to be transferred to the USB drive for flashing.

8) Attach your OTG-USB to your device and restart your device. While restarting keep pressing Volume UP & DOWN key simultaneously. Your phone will now enter into dload mode and will start flashing after verifying firmware.

9) Bingo! you have now fully working stock rom. (Bootloader locked, FRP Unlocked, E-recovery functional again)

Note: Before doing this operation make sure your USB drive is perfectly working and exFAT formatted. You can check your drive by H2testW on windows. In my case my first USB drive was faulty and that's why dload was giving me errors.
    p20 pro softbrick fix 100%

download firmware for your device firmware from https://www.getdroidtips.com/huawei-p20-pro-stock-firmware/ then the huawei update.app extractor tool from http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3262544 open the the firmware zip and extract the update.app file from the update_sd.zip and add it too the huawei extractor tool. move the images for cashe, cust, kernel and system and add them too fastboot folder. flash each using fastboot. eg fastboot flash cust cust.img same for each image. whaen finished fastboot flash erase userdata and boot system. this worked on my clt-l29 c432 emui 9.0 bootlooped with no access to either recovery.
    Hi, Please help me, My P20 PRO CLT-L29 is bricked during re-branding. FRP is locked and boot-loader is re-locked. I am stucked at recovery. Factory reset from recovery finishes successfully but still the device doesn't boot up. E-recovery shows "gettting package info failed." Tried DNS e-recovery method through firmware finder but the DNS is not working!
    Is there any way to unbrick my device?

FINALLY SOLVED by flashing the firmware files through dload method via USB- OTG. You can search and download firmware files on https://androidhost.ru/search.html

Feel free to ask if you face any difficulties.
    4) Apart from 'update_sd.zip' you will also find two subfolders inside 'dload'.
    In my case the two subfolders were '... 'update_sd_CLT-L29_hw_eu' & ''update_sd_CLT-L09_hw_eu'

Hi I've just made my own attempt and it eventually worked like a charm. only one thing: In my case those subfolders name were CLT-L29_hw_eu and CLT-L09_hw_eu. It's important not to rename them. (I removed L09 as my model is L29) Firstly I renamed it to update_sd_CLT-L29_hw_eu and software update failed. I restored then the original name (and also deleted meta-inf folders) and volia worked like a charm :)!

*Once again thank You very much for Your help. It can be life saver in future :)
    How did you flash firmware via usb otg? Could You please link tutorial?

Thank You very much! Last question Did you format your sd card as FAT32 or exfat?

Oops forgot to mention, exFAT.