FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Playing Music Cuts On Lock Screen

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By nigsy116, Member on 28th May 2018, 05:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi;

Just set the phone up but am having issues with music playback with any app.
As soon as the black lock screen comes up the music stops; if I then wake the screen up by touching a button the music restarts; anyone come across this issue? Or have a fix?
**Update**
Ok it only seems to work with the stock music app - not player pro / vlc or anything else. Is this a permissions issue?
28th May 2018, 08:46 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigsy116

Hi;

Just set the phone up but am having issues with music playback with any app.
As soon as the black lock screen comes up the music stops; if I then wake the screen up by touching a button the music restarts; anyone come across this issue? Or have a fix?
**Update**
Ok it only seems to work with the stock music app - not player pro / vlc or anything else. Is this a permissions issue?

I think it's related to a battery saving options.

Sent from my htc_m8 using XDA Labs
29th May 2018, 05:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same issues with my P20 lite. I think that the battery management has something to do about this. I looked into the battery and apps settings to allow my music player (BlackPlayer) all the permissions, but still having the music stopped. It's really annoying
29th May 2018, 04:40 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Fixed!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzMtz

I have the same issues with my P20 lite. I think that the battery management has something to do about this. I looked into the battery and apps settings to allow my music player (BlackPlayer) all the permissions, but still having the music stopped. It's really annoying

You're right it's a battery issue. If you go to settings > Battery > App Launch and set the apps you want to 'Manage Manually' you can leave them running in the background; this gets you over the issue.
This fixed several apps not running as I'd expected. The default action close the apps down as soon as the screen locks to save power.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nigsy116 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nigsy116 Ad-Free
4th October 2018, 04:07 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigsy116

You're right it's a battery issue. If you go to settings > Battery > App Launch and set the apps you want to 'Manage Manually' you can leave them running in the background; this gets you over the issue.
This fixed several apps not running as I'd expected. The default action close the apps down as soon as the screen locks to save power.

Yes, we can fix by using 'Manage Manually' setting but I see that some other apps, such as Google Play Music, Zing MP3...still play music in background normally without setting it.
I wonder how they can pass this issue? Or Huawei has different treatments for each apps?
4th October 2018, 09:37 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Pul

Yes, we can fix by using 'Manage Manually' setting but I see that some other apps, such as Google Play Music, Zing MP3...still play music in background normally without setting it.
I wonder how they can pass this issue? Or Huawei has different treatments for each apps?

I had to do this with spotify. It's an android thing, not specifically a huawei issue. I had this issue on an S9 i had on loan too.

As mentioned, it's just a power saving option. Just manage the app manually and it will continue to play.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonboi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jonboi Ad-Free
5th October 2018, 04:43 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboi

I had to do this with spotify. It's an android thing, not specifically a huawei issue. I had this issue on an S9 i had on loan too.

As mentioned, it's just a power saving option. Just manage the app manually and it will continue to play.

Thanks for your answer. Can we check if the app has been managing automatically? If yes, I want to show a dialog to guide user go to the setting screen. (Because user may not know this setting)
18th January 2019, 09:20 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Anyone figured this out?
I'm using YouTube music with premium subscription.
I have edit the battery settings to Manage Manually and enabled all 3 sub options. After screenlock, msuci stop. I dnt have any battery saving options set
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)