FORUMS

bye bye Huawei

9,969 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,553

By dladz, Senior Member on 22nd April 2020, 12:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Got the OnePlus 8 Pro and coming from this turd of a device it is a refreshing change.

The smoothness and higher refresh rate is staggeringly superior.

Wish that Huawei would have left the bootloader alone, the p10 Pro was going places.

Now it's pretty much dead, shame.

Hopefully see some of you in the OnePlus 8 Pro forum, highly recommend the phone, is flawless.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 02:37 PM |#2  
Flag Tizi Ouzou
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I switched from MI 9t to P20 pro and I really regret it
The Following User Says Thank You to achour7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift achour7 Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 03:06 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 23

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

Got the OnePlus 8 Pro and coming from this turd of a device it is a refreshing change.

Wish that Huawei would have left the bootloader alone, the p10 Pro was going places.

Hopefully see some of you in the OnePlus 8 Pro forum, highly recommend the phone, is flawless.

bye bye my friend ...also bad company and i will see you in telegram group for p20 pro
The Following User Says Thank You to maahmd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maahmd Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 05:29 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maahmd

bye bye my friend ...also bad company and i will see you in telegram group for p20 pro

Course mate no worries.
22nd April 2020, 05:34 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achour7

I switched from MI 9t to P20 pro and I really regret it

Ohhh I feel you, that's like me swapping out my OnePlus 5 for the Pro. I got the phone and tried why I got it (camera) then after the novelty of that wore off and development on XDA died, I realised that it is a dog turd.

So much potential, literally killed with several bad decisions.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 06:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I wouldn't change my P20 Pro for the world (well perhaps for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro). Its easily the best phone I've ever owned. I honestly cannot fault it for anything other than the lack of development.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickrick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mickrick Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 07:50 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Contributor
Flag Verona (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 18,835

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How is battery life of OP8 Pro compared with the P20 Pro? You get almost same SOT?

And for the camera quality?
22nd April 2020, 08:05 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrick

I wouldn't change my P20 Pro for the world (well perhaps for the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro). Its easily the best phone I've ever owned. I honestly cannot fault it for anything other than the lack of development.

Splintered variants
Poor GPU
Poor CPU
Poor overall performance
Bloated software
Awful customer service
Woeful development
Disgusting software updates.

Do I need to go on?

Sorry mate, each to their own but honestly, I dropped the ball when I got a Huawei, against my better judgement, I'm much happier now that I have the performance I need and the freedom that android deserves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 08:11 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albe95

How is battery life of OP8 Pro compared with the P20 Pro? You get almost same SOT?

And for the camera quality?

Well it's only day one but so far it's been pretty good.

I managed to get 14 hours 45 minutes on my OnePlus 5, usually averaged around 10 hours.

My average on the P20 Pro was a little less at about 7-9 hours

Soon as I get a ballpark I'll respond.

So far it's looking good, I think a minimum of 7, better in mind I've got 120hz on constantly.

Camera is phenomenal and that's compared to the P20 Pro. It's a huge leap forward, 4k 60fps is brilliant, the OIS stability is vastly improved and the super macro I love. I'm yet to find a fault with the phone besides one thing which I'm getting used to and that's the waterfall screen, I sometimes touch it by accident but I think that's habit of having edges on my Huawei.

Free wireless bullets 2 came with the phone and a case in the box which will do for now.

12GB RAM and 256GB storage, just a crazy phone mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
22nd April 2020, 11:54 PM |#10  
Flag City of Kings
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I absolutely understand you, i will switch over time too. I'm not happy with the Huawei phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to spityu85hun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spityu85hun Ad-Free
23rd April 2020, 09:21 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Liverpool

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spityu85hun

I absolutely understand you, i will switch over time too. I'm not happy with the Huawei phone.

Weird thing about me with huawei, I usually get 1-2 phones each year, this time is the first time I've stuck it out with one phone for two years.

So yea I was really say the end of my tether.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)