Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2018, 02:27 PM |#31  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 852

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaju123

Looks like it might be 106 that is working and 103 that is broken, then. Can anyone else on 106 confirm?

I'm on 106 and everything default. Can confirm Maps is working without any issue.

11th April 2018, 03:23 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Use a google account that doesnt have lables or favourite location
Create a new google account and use this account for the maps. It will work fine.

or use an account which does not have labels (like Home or work address) or Favourites .

This should fix the problem. (atleast it worked for me)
11th April 2018, 03:50 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I have 103 and maps works fine :/
12th April 2018, 07:17 AM |#34  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrabcx

Yes, maybe it is the continuous switching between FHD and HD that is causing the problem. Does it help to fix the mode to FHD, and delete all data/cache for Maps before restarting it ?

In a word - no.

Tried every combination and cleared data/uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted phone but the only setting that Maps works as it should for me is setting resolution to HD+

Also, overnight I lost my Google Now cards which I've found a solution to but that's not for this thread (pm me if needed)

Love Android 🤪
12th April 2018, 10:07 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Just to update and let you know, my maps issue has resolved itself. Not sure what changed but I'm using the latest Google Maps and it's all fine.
12th April 2018, 10:08 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I'm a level 8 local guide, have Home and Work shortcuts, hundreds of saved points, running FHD+ (not SMART), running fine on CLT-L29 8.1.0.106 (C636). 3 accounts on my phone, Maps is signed into the `heavy' account.
13th April 2018, 02:52 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes. The smart option make the maps lag a lot. Choose either fhd+ or hd+ will make your Google maps apps work as usual.
13th April 2018, 07:36 PM |#38  
Flag Djakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,159

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandhi_india

Create a new google account and use this account for the maps. It will work fine.

or use an account which does not have labels (like Home or work address) or Favourites .

This should fix the problem. (atleast it worked for me)

Well, surprisingly, thats work for me.

But the overall map experience is too inconsistent indeed. Either google or huawei need to do something about this.
13th April 2018, 07:41 PM |#39  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've been in touch with Huawei on Twitter and tried everything they've suggested. Clearing cache, factory reset etc.... Both work initially but the lag returns after a few hours. Single SIM handset from EE.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
16th April 2018, 10:40 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi all,in my case,just noticed that the lagging only occurs if the device language is set to English. When I change it to portuguese, maps works without any issue,even in fhd+. Can you try with a different language just to see if same behaviour?
16th April 2018, 02:24 PM |#41  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Looks like the bug is gone in the new 107 update. So far everything works fine but let see in a few hours.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)