FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Hiding status bar icons

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By Mywk, Junior Member on 12th October 2018, 01:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
As you know, with the new Display Notch, the status bar lost quite a bit of real estate, in order to have enough space for new apps to display useful information here's how you disable some of the default status bar icons!

You don't need root, just adb so I'l be assuming you know how to use it, there are plenty of tutorials all over the forum about it.

The command you want to use to disable, for example, the Bluetooth and WiFi icons:
Code:
adb shell settings put secure icon_blacklist bluetooth,wifi
The list of config_statusBarIcons (the list of possible icons you can disable) that I could find for Huawei are:
Code:
managed_profile
ime
sync_failing
sync_active
cast
powersavingmode
earphone
nfc
tty
speakerphone
zen
mute
volume
wifi
cdma_eri
data_connection
phone_evdo_signal
phone_signal
battery
alarm_clock
secure
clock
volte_call
eyes_protect
Don't forget to reboot the phone after that command:
Code:
adb reboot
This is the settings I use:
Code:
adb shell settings put secure icon_blacklist bluetooth,nfc,eyes_protect,alarm_clock
Note: You can also use System UI Tuner but it only seems to work for the WiFi and Carrier Name

Enjoy!

How it looks (Stock Android 8.1, EMUI 8.1, Microsoft Launcher):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	complete.jpg
Views:	3252
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	4617312  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mywk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mywk Ad-Free

23rd October 2018, 11:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Excellent post, I have used the command tonight works well.....

But I am thinking I would like to turn the WIFI Icon back on, how do I reset the status bar ?

Also do you have the command for "do not disturb" ?
24th October 2018, 11:12 AM |#3  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,263

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywk

Enjoy!

How it looks (Stock Android 8.1, EMUI 8.1, Microsoft Launcher):

I'm running a non EMUI ROM. All the icons are usually on the right, the ROM has the ability to move the clock to the left / center but nothing else.

Id prefer the clock on the right on it's own.

So my question, do you know what content needs to be changed in order to re-order the icons to the different locations on the status bar??

Cheers
24th October 2018, 11:15 AM |#4  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,263

Donate to Me
More
My current status bar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Lawnchair_20181024-111521.jpg
Views:	1778
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	4626118  
24th October 2018, 12:55 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
SystemUI tuner can hide most icons, just use the auto detect option. And reboot after toggling. VPN which I don't see on your list can be hidden too
25th October 2018, 10:04 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Okay, great news, I had taken off various icons a couple of days ago, great , but I had taken one off one I wish I had kept, but also needed to remove another one.........anyway I used the ADB command and only entered the one icon in the list I wanted to remove and then ADB rebooted.....to my surprise all my icons came back on, all except the one I had added to my remove list, so basically the line of code written changed to only remove one icon as opposed to remove all previous icons and then one icon I had just added........SO if you are not happy with your choices, simply re do the process and add the icons you would like to be removed and reboot, the Icons removed will be just the ones on the list you just made and any you wish you had not removed will be returned.......
The Following User Says Thank You to justwondering For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift justwondering Ad-Free
13th November 2018, 10:55 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
I cant hide the clock for some reason.
16th November 2018, 06:31 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks for the tip. Hate the stock layout. Unfortunately I can't get the HD call icon (volte_call) to disable but the others I wanted to remove are gone (BT, Nfc, eyes protect)

Edit:Suddenly the HD calls icon has left the status bar but I haven't re-entered the adb command as to try again. It just disappeared a few days later. Funny thing is the green dial icon in the dialer no longer shows HD either.
Anybody else try to remove volte_call? Did it work for you and did the green dial icon change also? Can't figure out if it's the adb command or my service provider since wife's S7 still showing HD calls(volte).
The Following User Says Thank You to StatikBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StatikBlue Ad-Free
28th December 2018, 06:05 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatikBlue

Thanks for the tip. Hate the stock layout. Unfortunately I can't get the HD call icon (volte_call) to disable but the others I wanted to remove are gone (BT, Nfc, eyes protect)

Edit:Suddenly the HD calls icon has left the status bar but I haven't re-entered the adb command as to try again. It just disappeared a few days later. Funny thing is the green dial icon in the dialer no longer shows HD either.
Anybody else try to remove volte_call? Did it work for you and did the green dial icon change also? Can't figure out if it's the adb command or my service provider since wife's S7 still showing HD calls(volte).

Did you ever figure this out?
It is really stupid having an "HD" icon displayed 24/7. But I wanna keep the volte function on.
28th December 2018, 06:12 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamekill

Did you ever figure this out?
It is really stupid having an "HD" icon displayed 24/7. But I wanna keep the volte function on.

No, the command didn't work. Although my HD notification did disappear for about a month only because it was turned off by my provider for some reason. It was nice not having the HD notification but noticed that it just leaves a blank spot on the status bar. Notifications didn't "shift" over.
28th December 2018, 08:56 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatikBlue

No,(...)
it just leaves a blank spot on the status bar. Notifications didn't "shift" over.

That is double annoying. Thanks for the reply!
Wish we could simply select what we want cluttering the space of notifications, since we have the notch covering most of it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)