FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to install EMUI 9 / Android 9 Beta

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 852

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

you want to flash EMUI 9 Beta, are FRP and bootloader unlocked and rooted? Great, here we go.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for your bricked devices. I only tested this on my Windows 10 x64 computer with my CLT-L09 C432 - I don't know if this works with your phone or your computer. Other models may or may not work. Please don't use that method if you don't know how to recover your phone from a bricked or semi-bricked state.
It might be a good idea to disable your antivirus if you run into warnings. There is no root.

Steps:
- Download THE TOOLâ„¢ v0.2
- Download the matching firmware bundle for your device. With EMUI 9 the firmware files for L09 and L29 differ.
- Extract THE TOOLâ„¢
- Extract the firmware bundle, you'll get two ZIPs and some XMLs.
- Start FLASH.bat inside of the extracted tool folder - it will guide you through the procedure.
- I did not have to factory reset. Maybe you will still need to.
- I have no idea if you will be able to receive OTAs or upgrade to future builds.

Disclaimer: Its not my fault or my responsibility if you brick your phone. I have almost no spare time at the moment, so I will probably not be able to help you. Also, there is no root.

Download:
CLT-L09 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108
CLT-L29 C432 - Build 9.0.0.108

Upgrade / Downgrade:
Upgrade from Beta to Beta: CLICK HERE (thanks @side_flip15)
Downgrade back to Oreo: CLICK HERE (thanks @Androlark)

Massive thanks to:
- @Atarii
- @Androlark
- @ante0
- @dkionline
- @frantorresm5434
- laststandingdroid
- @mankindtw for the original NoCheck recovery
- @Pretoriano80
- @shimp208 for the bundled minimal ADB + Fastboot
- and of course to all the brave testers!

There is no root. Also, please don't blame if your device dies. And I don't know if VoLTE works.

Click HERE for the P20 (EML) thread.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free

6th September 2018, 09:11 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamburg

Donate to Me
More
02.10.2017 - v0.2 - updated download links from 9.0.0.47 to 9.0.0.108; added links to downgrade and upgrade instructions
07.09.2017 - v0.2 - script now should work inside path containing spaces
06.09.2018 - v0.1 - initial release
6th September 2018, 10:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
windows only :-/. Luckily seems easy enough

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Thanks. Does this update the bootloader? Can you downgrade again?
7th September 2018, 01:19 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,635

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josdehaes

windows only :-/. Luckily seems easy enough

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Thanks. Does this update the bootloader? Can you downgrade again?

Yes, the bootloader (xloader) will be updated, there's no way around it. Yes, downgrading works, but you will have to factory reset after downgrading.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pretoriano80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pretoriano80 Ad-Free
7th September 2018, 02:18 AM |#5  
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Having a problem after renaming the second update zip. After I press enter with both zip files in the zip folder it says I'm missing zip files.

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyS

Having a problem after renaming the second update zip. After I press enter with both zip files in the zip folder it says I'm missing zip files.

Solved
7th September 2018, 02:40 AM |#6  
Flag Little Rock, AR
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Nice thanks man
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180907_024017_com.android.settings.jpg
Views:	5906
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	4590133  
7th September 2018, 02:46 AM |#7  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80

Yes, the bootloader (xloader) will be updated, there's no way around it. Yes, downgrading works, but you will have to factory reset after downgrading.

If ever I want to go back to 8.1 which method should I use? Will HuRu or eRecovery work?
7th September 2018, 05:51 AM |#8  
Flag Duncan
Thanks Meter: 8,229

Donate to Me
More
Worked great.
Should add in op that tool folder needs to be in c drive directory else you will get a ton of replies about missing zips.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamieD81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JamieD81 Ad-Free
7th September 2018, 08:54 AM |#9  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,457

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by side_flip15

If ever I want to go back to 8.1 which method should I use? Will HuRu or eRecovery work?

NoCheck works. (from BKL/Honor View 10)
7th September 2018, 08:57 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by side_flip15

No - as @ante0 said in his comment: You'll need the NoCheck recovery. I'm probably going to make a rollback bundle, too - but since I'm moving this is going to take at least until Sunday.
The Following User Says Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free
7th September 2018, 09:10 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hamburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieD81

Worked great.
Should add in op that tool folder needs to be in c drive directory else you will get a ton of replies about missing zips.

Thank you. It should be fixed inside the updated link in OP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a1Pha For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a1Pha Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)