Huawei P20 Pro UK thread

Search This thread

chrissyyyw

Jan 15, 2017
Got the update yesterday on my unlocked EE C782.

Do like the UI on 10.

Shame this is probably the last update we'll get on the P20 Pro.

chrissyyyw

Jan 15, 2017
Nothing new shows up on FF so I guess that not even security ones?

It does appear it's very much end of life now.

I just can't get my head around deploying 10 but not 10.1. Makes literally no sense at all.

Just like other android phones, you get 2 years worth of updates and it's game over.

It's sad really as the P20 Pro is still a good phone. It was an £800 flagship 2 years ago.

I was really tempted to get the P40 Pro but this will definitely be my last Huawei now.

john306

Apr 1, 2005
Google Pixel 7a
Had my update a few days ago, security 1st April, what a joke, almost 4 months out of date already.
Battery definitely much better after me thinking it was on its way out over the last few months.
Only problem is occasional lock ups on random apps, I just close, reopen and all good.
Looking now for next phone, but it won't be Huawei, horrendous with updates.

Piest4r

Jul 28, 2020
I have a query. Will the recent news about Huawei being banned from essential 5g UK networks will there be any type of knock on affect for people who have Huawei phones? Ie. Some kind of boycot of their products drummed up by mainstream media?

N3CR0M4NC3R

Nov 6, 2009
Leeds
www.soundcloud.com
Just adding to the buggy side of things,
Can confirm that since updating to 10 random apps do "hang" and you have to swipe out and then back in to get them working again, very odd

Battery life definitely improved and more efficient,
Just seems to be some weird compatibility thing at the moment

sunmaid

Dec 23, 2010
Just had ota update with July security... It also tried to switch digital assistant from Google to Huawei

Top Liked Posts