FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

P20 PRO (CLT-L04): New method for unlock bootloader [Oct 2018] (Mexico&Canada)

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By MrPaan, Junior Member on 11th October 2018, 03:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone!

I have good news for you. After Huawei decided to stop providing the bootloader code, now we have another method to get it.
Unfortunately, it is a method that need to pay.
To the date I'm making this post, the cost is $30€.

Let me be clear:
I do not have a relationship with this people/team/person. I just want to share this method and prove that it works on the Mexican/Canadian model.

A good news, is that they accept PayPal.

If you want to try it, you have to do the following steps:

1.- Go to https://ministryofsolutions.com/huaw...-new-firmwares.
2. -Click: "Click here to order with PayPal".
3.- Now in your phone, go to the "phone" app and dial *#06#, you will see your IMEI and Serial Number.
3.5.- I suggest to copy those codes, and email you so you won´t have typing errors.
4.- Insert your IMEI and Serial Number into the webpage of ministry of solutions.
5. Make the payment with your paypal account.
6. After 24-48 hours, you will get the bootloader code in the email you used for paypal.
7. Be happy and unlock you bootloader.

I can ensure the web is working correctly. I unlocked mine a few moments ago, now I will rebrand

Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrPaan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrPaan Ad-Free

11th October 2018, 06:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Cloud Search
The guy can only sell 10 code per day, I need to wait tomorrow to order again..
11th October 2018, 06:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfunky

The guy can only sell 10 code per day, I need to wait tomorrow to order again..

I suspect this means that his solution is not exploit based, but revolves around either working for Huawei, or knowing someone who does and getting the codes via them.

Doesn't bode well.
11th October 2018, 11:54 PM |#4  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 2,274

Donate to Me
More
Whoever they are , fair play to them. There's obviously a market for them and they deserve the money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dladz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dladz Ad-Free
12th October 2018, 01:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
That said , president of HUAWEI probably want more money so he closed their page and assigned Mutahhar

So bootloader unlocked , what will you guys do now with it ?
Will you install LOS or ?
12th October 2018, 03:19 PM |#6  
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcaligula

So bootloader unlocked , what will you guys do now with it ?
Will you install LOS or ?

I will give a chance to Huawei and Android Pie version they will make.
But I like LineageOS so much that I will install it in the future. I unlocked my bootloader (and have this fuc…. message each time I reboot the device) only to be able to install custom roms when I will like to do so.
12th October 2018, 04:51 PM |#7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 656

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saison2018

I will give a chance to Huawei and Android Pie version they will make.
But I like LineageOS so much that I will install it in the future. I unlocked my bootloader (and have this fuc…. message each time I reboot the device) only to be able to install custom roms when I will like to do so.

I have run official LOS on at least a half dozen different phones and I have never run a single build that didn't have bugs. Ever. I don't understand all the love for an OS that receives reports of new bugs from users after every single update.
12th October 2018, 07:33 PM |#8  
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs39

I have run official LOS on at least a half dozen different phones and I have never run a single build that didn't have bugs. Ever. I don't understand all the love for an OS that receives reports of new bugs from users after every single update.

I fully understand your point and I am sure you have your reasons.
But for my point of view, this is exactly how a community should work. People making development could not do everything good every time.
Even big corporation do mistake. For example, my wife had trouble with her iPhone 7 and 12.0 (unable to connect to 5Ghz Wifi). After 12.0.1 it is correct.
On my devices, only some applications were not working correctly. I was able to use my devices on a daily basis, without restriction (personal mail, corporate mail with Outlook, Maps/Waze, listening to music, some games,...). And for my personal experience, updates went smooth, only some (less than 2 per year) went wrong. But I could always flash back and wait for the correction to be applied by people in charge.
The only drawback for me was the battery, it was difficult to length 1 day.
But again, I fully understand and you have the right to not choose LineageOS and use something else.
12th October 2018, 09:46 PM |#9  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 656

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saison2018

I fully understand your point and I am sure you have your reasons.
But for my point of view, this is exactly how a community should work. People making development could not do everything good every time.
Even big corporation do mistake. For example, my wife had trouble with her iPhone 7 and 12.0 (unable to connect to 5Ghz Wifi). After 12.0.1 it is correct.
On my devices, only some applications were not working correctly. I was able to use my devices on a daily basis, without restriction (personal mail, corporate mail with Outlook, Maps/Waze, listening to music, some games,...). And for my personal experience, updates went smooth, only some (less than 2 per year) went wrong. But I could always flash back and wait for the correction to be applied by people in charge.
The only drawback for me was the battery, it was difficult to length 1 day.
But again, I fully understand and you have the right to not choose LineageOS and use something else.

I guess it has to do with how long I have been using custom ROMs. When I started using them years ago devs only worked on ROMs for devices they used themselves every day and the ROMs were not only stable enough to use as a daily driver but offered better performance and features than the stock ROM which is why people used them. Since the devs created ROMs for their own phones they were aware of bugs before posting builds. They didn't rely on users telling them what was wrong with every build after it was uploaded. When a custom ROM was labeled as stable it very rarely had any bugs.

Devs now routinely build or maintain ROMs for phones they don't use (or rarely use) so the ROMs always have bugs. I don't think custom ROMs are stable enough to use as daily drivers anymore but a lot of people seem to be fine with using custom ROMs that are slower and way more buggy than the stock ROM that comes on their phone. To each his own.
16th October 2018, 12:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Why repost something a day later? https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...rvice-t3852447
16th October 2018, 01:51 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

Donate to Me
More
Because I can.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)