Root/Rebrand/Unbrick/Update - Official FunkyHuawei Thread for P20 Pro

Search This thread

Paz9

Jan 3, 2011
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Alright, managed to get all the resolver issue fixed,

query.hicloud.com was successfully resolved/redirected to funkyhuawei.club (213.202.238.238)

But i still getting "Get Packages Info Failed" in eRecovery :eek:

strange
wait alittle while
mine began downloading now. not sure what i did as ive been going crazy with my bricked p20 pro haha fingers crossed!
ok it got to 100% then "getting authentication info failed"

Last edited:

duraaraa

Alright, managed to get all the resolver issue fixed,

query.hicloud.com was successfully resolved/redirected to funkyhuawei.club (213.202.238.238)

But i still getting "Get Packages Info Failed" in eRecovery :eek:
Send email to FH support so we know which user you are and can check the log.
Maybe you aren't logged in with update selected from same IP address as the one the request is coming from?

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
We have firmware for CLT-L29C900, but haven't seen this model in the wild. Anyone need it?

Why not. Thats a non region is it ?

Actually, maybe people would be more keen to upgrade or rebrand to certain version if changelog is provided.

Else, we are actually beating around the bush, lol

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

CLT-L29 8.1.0.107c(C636) for P20 Pro Asian now available.

This been uploaded exactly when am in a process of updating to 107b :crying: and it failed because its no longer signed. ::sob

duraaraa

Why not. Thats a non region is it ?

Actually, maybe people would be more keen to upgrade or rebrand to certain version if changelog is provided.

Else, we are actually beating around the bush, lol

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

This been uploaded exactly when am in a process of updating to 107b :crying: and it failed because its no longer signed. ::sob

We can only provide changelogs if Huawei provides them. In many cases Huawei uses old changelogs as dummys in very new firmwares.

Reactions: otonieru

scook94

Dec 28, 2010
Stirling, UK
SafetyNet Test now works with C782B110 so Google Pay should be fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180420-065931.jpg
    Screenshot_20180420-065931.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 250

duraaraa

A bit of new news.
It seems Huawei is no longer offering unlock codes for the bootloaders of their phones.
If you need to rebrand your P20, you might have trouble unless you already got the unlock code.
The best thing to do would be to ask Huawei for it directly.

However, even with a locked bootloader, the eRecovery method is supported, so you can recover your phone or install updates. It's just the rebranding for which you'll need it to be unlocked, and we are working on supporting rebranding with a locked bootloader as well in the near future.

Reactions: Duncan1982

andersh

A bit of new news.
It seems Huawei is no longer offering unlock codes for the bootloaders of their phones.
If you need to rebrand your P20, you might have trouble unless you already got the unlock code.
Do you have an official statement from Huawei on this?
I've been in contact with Huawei and the response I've got is that the unlock site is temporarily down for maintencance.
If it's permanently down I'd be seriously disappointed since I just received a P20 Pro today, and that would render it virtually useless for me.

stevo_125

Mar 12, 2009
Just updated my EE supplied CLT-09 C782 to the .110 firmware. Seemless process and got the desired result. Well worth the money to get the device off of the ancient firmware it came with.

Only just done it now, but a few things I've noticed
  • No issue in Google maps (but never had one on my device)
  • VoLTE and wifi calling both still working with EE sim :D
  • Camera interface much improved. Snappier and easier access to different modes. Night mode is now in the main menu instead of the "more" bit
  • April security update as confirmed by another user already
  • UI resizing with "view mode" is still broken. (notifications, task switcher still oversize)

duraaraa

Do you have an official statement from Huawei on this?
I've been in contact with Huawei and the response I've got is that the unlock site is temporarily down for maintencance.
If it's permanently down I'd be seriously disappointed since I just received a P20 Pro today, and that would render it virtually useless for me.

No, I've not heard any official comment from Huawei. I think they can still give you the code if you ask them directly for it, as well. But it also seems that Huawei is beginning to build and release updates which don't allow bootloader unlocking, even with the code. So it's hard to know what it going on officially. If I hear anything official I'll let you know.

Reactions: andersh

fishersfish

Jun 9, 2016
A bit of new news.

However, even with a locked bootloader, the eRecovery method is supported, so you can recover your phone or install updates. It's just the rebranding for which you'll need it to be unlocked, and we are working on supporting rebranding with a locked bootloader as well in the near future.

What a ***! I just bought a P20 Pro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official FunkyHuawei support thread.
    FunkyHuawei is a (mostly) paid service which allows you to do the following:

1. Install the latest system software, even before it's released by OTA.
    2. Install beta/prerelease system software, without needing to be a beta tester.
    3. Recover a bricked phone.
    4. Rebranding / Change the region of your phone (China -> Europe, for example, to get Google and so on.)
    5. Enabling dual-sim features on single-sim phones.
    6. Root your EMUI 8 phone, even with stock recovery (This feature is free)
    --NOTE: SOME OF THESE FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON P20 SERIES YET. SEE NEXT POST--

You do not need to unlock your bootloader, or void your warranty to use the service. (except the free rooting feature)

To find FunkyHuawei, please Google it. Or you can find a link to the service as well as our rebranding tool within the following XDA Portal article.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/exclusive-att-huawei-mate-10-pro-firmware/

We are pleased to announce FHUnbrickFlashTool -- You can now repair any recent Huawei phone via fastboot, even if you cannot access eRecovery or boot the phone! Even if it doesn't show the Huawei logo, as long as you can get a fastboot connection to your computer, you can recover the phone! Google FHUnbrickFlashTool or check FunkyHuawei's reddit for details.

In cooperation with XDA, FunkyHuawei is offering a free credit to Recognized Developers and Recognized Contributers on XDA.
    Please PM me for more details.

We will continue posting in this thread with updates regarding new software versions and releases regarding this device.
    We will also be monitoring it so we can help anyone who has issues.

FunkyHuawei, due to popular request, is now offering an unlimited pass. You can break your phone all you want, and turn to FunkyHuawei to unbrick it however many times you need to. You can also install all the latest updates, beta versions, and so on, without worrying about spending credits. You can check out more details on FH's reddit or homepage.

For device-specific information, please see the next post.

Please be sure to read the terms of service as well as the instructions very thoroughly before using the tools, to understand the potential risks of using them.

FunkyHuawei can now offer bootloader unlock codes for all Huawei models (including recent models like P20, P20 Pro, Honor Play, and so on.)

These unlock codes can be provided for free to customers who purchase an unlimited pass from today.

See details from the link on the main page of the site.
    An update:
    As everyone knows, Huawei is no longer giving out bootloader unlock codes.
    Rebranding is still not possible without an unlocked bootloader.
    If you already have the code, great. If not, here is the current situation.

eRecovery method works to install updates or downgrade. It will continue to work for the foreseeable future.
    Be careful with downgrading, as it's possible Huawei is in the midst of introducing downgrade protection, bricking devices on attempted downgrades.
    Currently there are no other tools/methods, FunkyHuawei or otherwise, which let you modify or install firmwares on the P20 or P20 Pro with locked bootloader, other than OTA from Huawei directly or FunkyHuawei eRecovery method.

In the future it is highly likely we will be able to support more functions.
    What do you think, @duraaraa ?
    You didn't stumble upon this during the normal course of funky Huawei's day to day operations?

I'm not surprised at all about it. No worries though. We will eventually be able to support operations with locked bootloaders on P20 and newer devices. Just might take a while.
    Happy to announce that we are making public the installation for the EMUI 9 beta on the European CLT-L29 device. (C432)
    It has been tested by several users and seems to install and function without issue.
    watch out my device died after their manipulation and they dont even to refund me the 125 dollars i paid to unbrick it