FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Updating your P20 Pro (This can be used to restore a bricked P20 Pro)

234 posts
Thanks Meter: 46

By Vedrick, Senior Member on 8th March 2019, 06:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My daily driver is AOSCP (CypherOS project) P20 pro ROM, but sometimes I flip back to stock every time there is a new Huawei P20 Pro update. Recently they released (9.0.0.213) so I removed the custom ROM and installed stock (9.0.0.213) without issues, just to see how it feels, whats new and such then jump back to custom. These steps helped me when I bricked my phone.

(Bootloader must be unlocked)

- Use at your own risk.

To jump to stock.
1) Go HERE and type in your phone model and click FIND MODEL button. Then click Filelist, copy and paste the first two links to your browser, this will download the main packages.

2) Extract the update.app file from the Update.zip file you just downloaded.

3) Use EMUI extractor application to extract the image files from the Update.app file.

4) Download Re-Flash, place all the images in the Re-Flash folder and flash as many images as you can. (This step simply puts your phone in enough working order for the update to complete)
Open the "cmd-here" file and start flashing:

Example:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk recovery_ramdis.img
fastboot flash cust cust.img
fastboot flash recovery_vbmeta.img recovery_vbmeta.img
fastboot flash kernel kernel.img
(Keep going - some will flash others won't)

5) type: Fastboot reboot, quickly unplug your phone and hold the volume up button, this will boot into EMUI recovery, now format data, format cache.

6) Now the two main packages you downloaded in step one, place those zip files in the folder called ZIPS-HERE, located in the Re-flash folder. Rename update_full_CLT-L29_hw_eu to update_all_hw

7) In the cmd-here window, type flash.bat
follow the steps.

Note:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if the update fails you'll need a userdata.img, this image file isn't in most update.zip files. You can find it here.
Redo the steps again except this would be the last thing to do in step 4.
- fastboot flash userdata userdata.img

8th March 2019, 06:35 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Okay, so I have CLT-L09C782, I updated it to 9.0.0.168 using the FunkyHuawei service. I opened Firmware Finder a while ago and I have seen some new versions of firmware there. Can I manually update from there?
8th March 2019, 06:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka.petteri

Okay, so I have CLT-L09C782, I updated it to 9.0.0.168 using the FunkyHuawei service. I opened Firmware Finder a while ago and I have seen some new versions of firmware there. Can I manually update from there?

I tried Firmware finder in the past, hadn't had any real luck with it whereas other have. So I really can't comment on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)