Upgrade to Android Pie through eRecovery and the Wifi - Firmware Finder PC

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By Luis2k33-XDA, Member on 28th December 2018, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Another method, working
You need it:
1. Firmware Finder: https://pro-teammt.ru/projects/hwff/...Version.action
2. Change the dns that assigns the dhcp to your router or in your computer, go below to follow how to create a wifi hotspot with the windows 10 guide
3. eRecovery method.

So let's go.
Unpack firmware finder wherever you want And run it.
You will get the following image: Figure 1

Then click on "Common base" and enter the model of the phone along with the region (in my case "CLT-L09C432") in the search box

You will probably be offered 2 special firmware with the same labels as the menu (see picture).
To know which of these two firmware is approved for you model, first click on the 'Changelog' box below only the Changelog text (as well as blank). Then, by right-clicking the Changelog text, you select 'Copy'. Then click on the 'firmware checker' as in the picture below.

Copy the 'Changelog' link to the first field, and enter the IMEI of your phone in the second field (of course, click on "Check"). This step is for both firmware. When you get "Firmware approved for install" <- Important, if is not approved you wont update to the version youre checking.

The next step is to register the update on the Firmware Finder DNS server. We will do this in the following way. Click on 'DNS Update', paste the link that is 'approved' and click on 'Register'.

Router -> After that, by clicking on 'Copy DNS to clipboard' you will copy the dns address that you need to set up on your router in the 'DHCP' section, Go to the router settings, change the dns and apply this new settings, restart router and shutdown off the phone, wait until router is on again and working, Enter eRecovery mode (Hold Vol UP, Plug the USB cable between Phone & Computer, until you boot in eRecovery, select the option 'Download latest version, Connect to your wifi and the update will start.

WiFi HotSpot Win10 -> 'Copy DNS to clipboard' you will copy the dns address that you need to set up in the new HotSpot WiFi network adapter you created http://woshub.com/how-to-create-a-wi...on-windows-10/ & How to change the DNS server in your computer https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us...-Configuration Enter eRecovery mode (Hold Vol UP, Plug the USB cable between Phone & Computer, until you boot in eRecovery, select the option 'Download latest version, Connect to your wifi and the update will start.

When boot to eRecovery, connect with the new WiFi you created in Win10 (remember the name and the password of it), not your usual WiFi, and will works, i tried and its working fine.

***NOTES
### Disable IPV6 on your router or internet main network card, some users experienced issues because of it enabled.

### Doesnt works in EMUI9. So if you have Android Pie Beta this method wont works. Try this https://forum.xda-developers.com/hua...2-l09-t3883557 usually works. Will be erased all your personal data with this option, make a backup before.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Luis2k33-XDA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Luis2k33-XDA Ad-Free

29th December 2018, 12:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Getting package info failed.. :/
29th December 2018, 05:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Doesn't erecovery always wipe user data? I tried this, saw the update in erecovery mode too but didn't continue as I haven't backed up my data. Also, do I need to disable all passwords/pins etc?
29th December 2018, 06:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodrulez

Doesn't erecovery always wipe user data? I tried this, saw the update in erecovery mode too but didn't continue as I haven't backed up my data. Also, do I need to disable all passwords/pins etc?

No, I don't think so. I followed this procedure yesterday and no user data was deleted.
The Following User Says Thank You to ULJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ULJ Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 08:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I never thought i will do so much to receive an ****ing phone update

Today, this method finally worked

I don´t know why huawei is not able to provide me to a free unlocked phone a firmware upgrade grrr.

Here are some pictures. No user Data has been deleted, everything is as before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229-firm1.jpg
Views:	3486
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	4675532   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229-firm2.jpg
Views:	3474
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	4675533   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229-firm3.jpg
Views:	3472
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	4675534  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MeisterGigi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MeisterGigi Ad-Free
29th December 2018, 08:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I will go through with the same in a few hours then. A big shout out to team-mt guys for this! They seem to be doing exactly what FunkyHuawei does but letting everyone use it for free. I'd rather donate to them than pay FH.
29th December 2018, 09:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Has anyone tried this on the UK C782 models?
29th December 2018, 10:22 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitenski

There is no reason for this not to work for C782. As long as you select the correct firmware in the Firmware Finder application based on you phone model and IMEI.
29th December 2018, 10:53 AM |#9  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 490

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitenski

Let me know if you get it to work. I need my phone for work purposes so can't have it off for too long

Thanks
29th December 2018, 10:56 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULJ

There is no reason for this not to work for C782. As long as you select the correct firmware in the Firmware Finder application based on you phone model and IMEI.

Sadly it only finds one v9 firmware which it states as follows

Firmware not approved for install
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1702
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	4675609  
29th December 2018, 11:19 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I´m sorry for you. I did´t read, what´s the problem with huawei and uk? I dont understand why you are not allowed to update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android pie, p20 pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)