FORUMS

[DISCUSSION] The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3: A Better Solution than AirPods

1,046 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,122

By XDARoni, XDA Community Manager on 7th November 2019, 06:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
As the wireless earphones scene starts to get competitive, companies like Apple and Samsung are launching their version of Bluetooth earphones, complete with a charging case. Among some of the great option on the market right now, Huawei has come out with the Huawei Freebuds 3. This exciting new product has everything you could want from your wireless audio experience, and more. Powered by the Kirin A1 chipset, Huawei aims to build a connected audio life experience.

The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 are equipped with Bluetooth 5.1 and are powered by the cutting-edge Kirin A1 chipset. The Kirin A1 is the industry’s first BT/BLE dual-mode chip to be verified by Bluetooth 5.1. With this technology, Huawei is able to deliver a highly integrated 3+1 modular architecture. This includes an advanced Bluetooth processing unit, powerful audio processing unit, ultra-low power consumption App processor and a
separate power management unit. All of this comes together to ensuring an efficient and stable connection experience.

While previous wireless headphones were were limited to a single-channel transmission which was split between the two earpieces, Huawei’s self-developed dual-channel synchronous transmission technology fixes this issue. Now left and right pieces have a direct connection to your smartphone, avoiding the need for one earpiece to push audio to the next. This new dual-channel system results in ultra-low audio latency at only 190ms. This is especially important for keeping sound and audio synced during games and movies. This gives the Freebuds 3 an edge over the AirPods, and will make for a better experience overall.

The new HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 aims to provide you with 20 hours of battery life by including their charging case. While the actual earphones have a battery life of four hours, the included case can charge your Freebuds up to 4 times before your case runs out of juice. When it does, you can charge your Freebuds case via the USB-C port, or you can set it on your wireless charger and take advantage of the quick wireless charging feature.

Share your thoughts on the HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 and how you think they'll stack up against the Apple AirPods.
The Following User Says Thank You to XDARoni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDARoni Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 11:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Well, they look the same (ugly that is), so noone will see the difference. Apple users will buy apple, other people will buy what's cheaper, and people who want to hear the sound of music will buy stuff like Bose, Sony, or Sennheiser.
9th November 2019, 03:16 AM |#3  
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Wonder how the ANC works with them being open, sure hope it's no BS marketing. Last earbuds I used were the bragi dash pro, those still rank first in my book.
15th November 2019, 09:03 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I'm using atm Airpods 1. Gen. How do the Freebuds 3 fit compared to Airpods?
17th November 2019, 12:47 PM |#5  
Flag Cluj Napoca
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDARoni

As the wireless earphones scene starts to get competitive, companies like Apple and Samsung are launching their version of Bluetooth earphones, complete with a charging case. Among some of the great option on the market right now, Huawei has come out with the Huawei Freebuds 3. This exciting new product has everything you could want from your wireless audio experience, and more. Powered by the Kirin A1 chipset, Huawei aims to build a connected audio life experience.

The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 are equipped with Bluetooth 5.1 and are powered by the cutting-edge Kirin A1 chipset. The Kirin A1 is the industry’s first BT/BLE dual-mode chip to be verified by Bluetooth 5.1. With this technology, Huawei is able to deliver a highly integrated 3+1 modular architecture. This includes an advanced Bluetooth processing unit, powerful audio processing unit, ultra-low power consumption App processor and a
separate power management unit. All of this comes together to ensuring an efficient and stable connection experience.

While previous wireless headphones were were limited to a single-channel transmission which was split between the two earpieces, Huawei’s self-developed dual-channel synchronous transmission technology fixes this issue. Now left and right pieces have a direct connection to your smartphone, avoiding the need for one earpiece to push audio to the next. This new dual-channel system results in ultra-low audio latency at only 190ms. This is especially important for keeping sound and audio synced during games and movies. This gives the Freebuds 3 an edge over the AirPods, and will make for a better experience overall.

The new HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 aims to provide you with 20 hours of battery life by including their charging case. While the actual earphones have a battery life of four hours, the included case can charge your Freebuds up to 4 times before your case runs out of juice. When it does, you can charge your Freebuds case via the USB-C port, or you can set it on your wireless charger and take advantage of the quick wireless charging feature.

Share your thoughts on the HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 and how you think they'll stack up against the Apple AirPods.

I wonder if i need a huaway to use them and the app, or can i simply usd them with any modern android that suports bt 5?
18th November 2019, 04:17 AM |#6  
Retired Senior Moderator - May You Rest in Peace - "Like Duh"
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 8,858

More
Thread Cleaned.

This thread is for the discussion of Freebuds 3 and not politics.

Kindly stay on topic.

Thanks
SacredDeviL666.
The Following User Says Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 12:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 378

More
Even with all the technical top of the line the sound seems to be a bit of "meeh" in the reviews I've read. I like them but I prefer a model that keeps surroundings to a minimum.

Sent from a mobile gadget
18th November 2019, 07:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Being a one plus 7t user, i am looking for a good wireless option. I need good calling mic and iPhone type fit. Rubber one's Never stay in my ears . Any suggestions ? Should i look for apple 2nd gen or go for freebuds 3
19th November 2019, 06:15 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I am currently looking for cheap aliexpress options . There are too many models too pick and choose from but the video got me thinking about apple like models
19th November 2019, 09:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I dont like anything thats apple like becauze it doesnt fit in my ear and to be honest they dont look good. So i decided for next models so far:
my first model was qcy qs1, they r cheap and perfect for going in the wireless headphones world. They r great for start and i still have them, using them in the gym.
My second were galaxy buds but i have had some problems with calls with them and that frustrated me a lot so i sold them.
My next one were b&o beoplay e8. I got them for 200€ used and im super happy with them, so for now im using those and qcy.
29th November 2019, 01:21 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazroui

Wonder how the ANC works with them being open, sure hope it's no BS marketing. Last earbuds I used were the bragi dash pro, those still rank first in my book.

I tried it and it is effective to a certain degree. Basically, the lower frequencies are cancelled out, but it does not kill the overall noise like in-canal earbuds, because of the open-fit nature. It definitely reduces ambient noises, but you can still hear people next to you talking. Interestingly, their voices are clearer as the ambient noises are cancelled out.

If you need ANC to silence your world, the Freebuds 3 won't make it. But if you do not like the stuffed feeling of earbuds (I know some people does), yet you need to kill some noise, the Freebuds 3 work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)