Currently it works 100% if you follow the instructions below to the letter
Keep in mind that you are going to flash a newer version that is not yet released for your region.
This could result in having to reset your phone or a unstable system
Also the firmware could not be verified yet by google, so some apps could stop working.
Most of the time it is safe to flash a newer version when you read that someone has received it by OTA in a different country.
When i flashed the 185 firmware no wipe was done. I was coming from 178.
This is no insurance that it will never wipe your phone, so backup always !!
Check this youtube video for the entire procedure (for mate 20, but everything else is the same basically) https://youtu.be/g9pPi7I1SNc
This guide is based on the Mate 20 guide but modified for some parts, the only thing i have invested is the time to create this guide and my P30 Pro for countless flashes.
Check here for more info and download links
All other credits are mentioned below this guide.
Full guide: (WINDOWS Only) (You need at least 30GB free on the c: drive)
Get the all in one package here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MkN...ew?usp=sharing
Or download from the following site(s)
1. You need version 18.104.22.1681 from hisuite (or the version from my package, is is slightly newer), if you are already using the newer HiSuite version 22.214.171.1245 then uninstall this
2. Use Hisuitepatchinstaller found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...stool-t3910147 after installation of the correct HiSuite version
If for some reason you cannot download HiSuitepatchinstaller then u can use the FHHiSuiteInstaller, You can find under the "HiSuite Method" menu HERE, then unzip en run this''.
3. Next you need Hstool (currently at version 1.30), It is included in my download pack or download this at: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...ocked-t3905924
Create a folder on your laptop/pc on the C: drive called Hstool and put the downloaded "Hstool.exe" file in it.
4. You need to download firmware using Firmware Finder from GPlay or site and NOT the ones from dload folder.
This will ensure that you download the correct version for your phone.
Put the downloaded file also in the "c:\Hstool" folder.
5.. Instead of downloading (step 4) you can also use this OTA file (it is version 185) this version
VOG-L29 tested, for other versions maybe it is better to use firmwaredownloader from step 4
6. Grab the file from here and replace the file in C:/Windows/User/yourusername/AppData/HiSuite/userdata/UpdateDogDev/HiSuiteConfig.xml
7. Put the full OTA file inside the folder where HStool tool is located and start HStool and follow the instructions
BUT when it asks to put a # before the entry 127.0.0.1 query.hicloud.com, change it to 126.96.36.199 query.hicloud.com
Known issues :
1. Sometimes the XML is being replaced automatically by HiSuite. So make sure you update this just before you start flashing
2. Do check if the hosts file is correctly edited just before you start the final step. You can do this by doing a "ping query.hicloud.com"
Thanks to @SLVMSF for the info and links
Thanks to @mikeos for HStool
Thanks to @Zanr Zij for the modded XML file to make it compatible for the P30 pro
This guide is work in progress and has been updated on 04-08-2019