FORUMS

How to install Custom themes on VOG-L04 or any other device thats restricted to local

2,246 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,549

By -Mr. X-, Senior Member on 30th May 2019, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What you need:
Huawei Mobile Services - Get it on APK Mirror
Package Manager: App Details, Analyze & Backup - Get it on the Play Store

Steps:
1) Uninstall any update Play Store has made to your theme app
2) Install Huawei Mobile Services
3) Install Package Manager: App Details, Analyze & Backup
4) Open the package manager you installed and click on the "Activities" tab, then in the search bar type in "hwid" it will show Huawei Mobile Services. Click it to expand its activities.
5) Scroll the list of activities until you see ""HUAWEI ID" click it and then choose launch
6) this will bring you to a log in page with a link to "register" click it to create an account. Create an account, use "UK" as your region, skip the phone/sms verification and it will use your email to verify.
7) Verify your account.
8) Scroll the list of activities until you see "Account Center" click it and then choose launch which will bring you to what should be an already logged in the account manager
9) Open the themes app it will ask you to agree to the terms then notify you its switching to the Local of your Huawei ID. Bam custom themes.
10) disable the themes app auto update in the play store as it will reset the app back to the North american CUST features.
11) ???
12) Profit.
The Following User Says Thank You to -Mr. X- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -Mr. X- Ad-Free
3rd June 2019, 07:35 AM |#2  
Editor in Chief
Thanks Meter: 2,137

More
Just curious, but why is this necessary? Does Huawei not allow users in all regions to install custom themes?
3rd June 2019, 02:23 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ontario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MishaalRahman

Just curious, but why is this necessary? Does Huawei not allow users in all regions to install custom themes?

custom thems are locked out of certain regions, which means your stuck with the half dozen that come built into the rom and thats it.
5th June 2019, 06:10 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,212

More
This step unfortunately doesn't work on my UK Honor 7s (DUA-L22) EMUI 8.0 android 8.1
Pressing on launch account center just glitches the screen out and doesn't open anything up.

Edit

After installing both those apps, my previously installed custom themes have now returned that disappeared after the February/March OTA update.

So this really does work, just slightly different (for my device)

Thanks alot.
The Following User Says Thank You to bubba1601 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bubba1601 Ad-Free
5th June 2019, 02:41 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ontario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba1601

This step unfortunately doesn't work on my UK Honor 7s (DUA-L22) EMUI 8.0 android 8.1
Pressing on launch account center just glitches the screen out and doesn't open anything up.

Edit

After installing both those apps, my previously installed custom themes have now returned that disappeared after the February/March OTA update.

So this really does work, just slightly different (for my device)

Thanks alot.

If there was anything special you did i can add it to the first post or did you just follow my Instructions it glitched the screen but still worked?
5th June 2019, 03:51 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 677

Donate to Me
More
The only tweak I need - is a way to make those paid themes free... lol!
5th June 2019, 09:46 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ontario

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazonX

The only tweak I need - is a way to make those paid themes free... lol!

Get the themes manager from the play store tons of free and good themes
5th June 2019, 10:31 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mr. X-

If there was anything special you did i can add it to the first post or did you just follow my Instructions it glitched the screen but still worked?

Just the screen "glitches" (flashed white) but the Account centre never opened....

When I returned to the theme manager after unsuccessfully trying to open Account centre, my custom themes I had installed on my device from March had returned and all work like before.
(The nav bar and notification shade still don't change theme, as before so the same functionality from before has now returned.
5th June 2019, 10:32 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ontario

More
Quote:

Just the screen "glitches" (flashed white) but the Account centre never opened....

When I returned to the theme manager after unsuccessfully trying to open Account centre, my custom themes I had installed on my device from March had returned and all work like before.
(The bav bar and notification shade still don't change theme, as before

Ah then it iddnt work properly you should have the Huawei theme store in your theme app now and custom themes should be able to change the notifications and nav bar.
5th June 2019, 10:36 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mr. X-

Ah then it iddnt work properly you should have the Huawei theme store in your theme app now and custom themes should be able to change the notifications and nav bar.

I have to correct you there - I've never found a theme yet that has changed the notification shade colour - the android p theme does change the nav bar to the filled in arrow circle and square but no other themes have ever worked.
I assumed that was an honour thing.

Had the device since November last year, dual SIM SIM unlocked in UK.
Tried just about every theme there is and haven't yet been able to change the notification shade.
5th June 2019, 10:44 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ontario

More
Quote:

I have to correct you there - I've never found a theme yet that has changed the notification shade colour - the android p theme does change the nav bar to the filled in arrow circle and square but no other themes have ever worked.
I assumed that was an honour thing.

Had the device since November last year, dual SIM SIM unlocked in UK.
Tried just about every theme there is and haven't yet been able to change the notification shade.

But the do my dude the theme just has to support it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190605_174212_ch.deletescape.lawnchair.plah.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	4772105  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)