Software (ease of use, features, etc)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
When you hand your phone to granny to take a photo of you, can she get the job done? Rate this thread to express how you deem the Huawei P30 Pro's camera software. A higher rating indicates that the software is easy to use, fast, uncluttered, and inclusive of advanced features for when you need them.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

andyzarins

Jan 3, 2011
I had a Google pixel 2xl before switching to the p30 pro. Before that I had either nexus phones or Samsung Galaxy phones. I have a strong preference for stock android Vs manufacturers muddling with android. After messing about with the p30 for s couple of hours I have a fairly close to stock experience :) So it is possible to get a google stock feel Vs EMUI. I moved away from pixel as allot of the promised features such as call screening have still to make it to the UK. Plus the notch on the pixel 3 XL is far to big. Could not bring my self to purchase it.. yuck. Tear drop is just about bearable especially when using dark theame which I think was switched on in the power settings.

So you can get an android stock feel from the Huawei and this is from someone who used to be a dedicated nexus / pixel boy. I wish manufacturers would concentrate on getting the hardware correct Vs messing with the software.
The camera app itself looks a little dated from the vs the pixel. I prefer Google's camera app. However as soon as you use the zoom function wow. The UI is not important. The feature is a game changer for a phone. Massive step forward and it is so easy to use.

beardybuck

Mar 4, 2013
Belfast, Ireland.
How near to stock?

I had a Google pixel 2xl before switching to the p30 pro. Before that I had either nexus phones or Samsung Galaxy phones. I have a strong preference for stock android Vs manufacturers muddling with android. After messing about with the p30 for s couple of hours I have a fairly close to stock experience :) So it is possible to get a google stock feel Vs EMUI. I moved away from pixel as allot of the promised features such as call screening have still to make it to the UK. Plus the notch on the pixel 3 XL is far to big. Could not bring my self to purchase it.. yuck. Tear drop is just about bearable especially when using dark theame which I think was switched on in the power settings.

So you can get an android stock feel from the Huawei and this is from someone who used to be a dedicated nexus / pixel boy. I wish manufacturers would concentrate on getting the hardware correct Vs messing with the software.
The camera app itself looks a little dated from the vs the pixel. I prefer Google's camera app. However as soon as you use the zoom function wow. The UI is not important. The feature is a game changer for a phone. Massive step forward and it is so easy to use.

Hi just curious as to what you used to get the P30 Pro as near to stock as you could?
I am using Nova Launcher on a Oneplus 3T with Google Contacts and Dialer installed (non root) and it's great, but due an upgrade.Do you miss the double press power button to open the camera?
And is it possible to use normal OSD navigation buttons?

Sledge007

Mar 17, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Hi just curious as to what you used to get the P30 Pro as near to stock as you could?
I am using Nova Launcher on a Oneplus 3T with Google Contacts and Dialer installed (non root) and it's great, but due an upgrade.Do you miss the double press power button to open the camera?
And is it possible to use normal OSD navigation buttons?

You can double tap the volume down button and it opens the camera (default is take a picture).

wajeehuzkhan

Sep 20, 2014
Coming from Note 8 running OneUI I can certainly say that Samsung with one UI is much more refined and easy to use as compared to EMIUI 9.1.0. One hand usage of the phone isn't so great as most of the options are still located at the top of the screen, unlike one UI. and sadly even the camera UI isnt as refined as the one UI, of course the quality of p30 pro camera is beyond a match. Also there is a weird bug no matter how many times I disable an app like gmail or drive or any other google service if there is any update the app will pop up on my home screen once again.

Reactions: DjSkreem

giwta

Feb 16, 2019
If the screen is off i can use fingerprint sensor properly. . If i go into the lockscreen its working only with the pin method and no fingerprint are accepted. Is there an option to disable this or its a bug?

Last edited:

breakolami

Sep 1, 2011
Paris
resolution of the camera

Hello everyone

I bought a Huawei P30 pro 3 days ago and I wonder why with a 40MP camera we can not take pictures in 16: 9 when holding the phone horizontally
We only have 40MP in 4:3
the full screen format is only available with 6MP

today all screens are 16: 9, if we look at our pictures on the TV we would like to display them in full screen and not with black stripes on each side

I don't understand

cordially

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Coming from Note 8 running OneUI I can certainly say that Samsung with one UI is much more refined and easy to use as compared to EMIUI 9.1.0. One hand usage of the phone isn't so great as most of the options are still located at the top of the screen, unlike one UI. and sadly even the camera UI isnt as refined as the one UI, of course the quality of p30 pro camera is beyond a match. Also there is a weird bug no matter how many times I disable an app like gmail or drive or any other google service if there is any update the app will pop up on my home screen once again.