FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Google Pixel camera app on P30P ?

411 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Neo-ST, Senior Member on 11th April 2019, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
It would be interesting to see the results.
I was impressed with Pixel camera app on my old phone, it was way better than stock app, and my old phone had a really bad camera hardware. Yet the pictures it gave were surprisingly good.
In combination with P30P's hardware, it would probably blow everything else out of the water...

11th April 2019, 01:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-ST

I was impressed with Pixel camera app on my old phone, it was way better than stock app, and my old phone had a really bad camera hardware. Yet the pictures it gave were surprisingly good.

In combination with P30P's hardware, it would probably blow everything else out of the water...

Is that possible? I know the GCam app saved my Galaxy S10+. It's the only reason I still have it. I didn't think you could do it on Huawei phones?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
11th April 2019, 06:31 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
The app would have to be changed to work on Huawei phones and therefore it´s Kirin processor. So far i do not know any version of the google camera mod for the Kirin 980 wich are really working good
11th April 2019, 07:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
There were working ports on kirin 970(same architecture), but only on android 8 - so the chipset itself is not a problem. They blocked the support since emui 9.
12th April 2019, 12:27 PM |#5  
Flag Teplice
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Gcam 5.1.018.17762477 port works on my P30PRO but has worse results than Huawei app - link https://customtech.es/tutorial-gcam-...mate-20-series
in addition, the portrait mode and night sight are missing...
in attachment 1:1 crop view comparison from the corner of the photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gcam_hua.JPG
Views:	5118
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	4741262  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xenon04 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xenon04 Ad-Free
12th April 2019, 02:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon04

Gcam 5.1.018.17762477 port works on my P30PRO but has worse results than Huawei app - link https://customtech.es/tutorial-gcam-...mate-20-series

in addition, the portrait mode and night sight are missing...

in attachment 1:1 crop view comparison from the corner of the photo

Interesting! I would assume the results are worse because it has not been developed with tweaks specific to the P30 series. The fact that it works means that there could be some action in this area! Thank you.

13th April 2019, 12:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMartinSoCal

Interesting! I would assume the results are worse because it has not been developed with tweaks specific to the P30 series. The fact that it works means that there could be some action in this area! Thank you.

HDR+ not working
So no image processing
Useless app with kirin anyway
13th April 2019, 11:12 AM |#8  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Would love to see some devs start working on this. So much potential
24th April 2019, 10:14 AM |#9  
Flag Iași
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-ST

This version made by BSG V2e: MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e.apk worked for me (kind of, crashes quite often on settings change, but still).
The only worthy addition to Stock camera is the "Photosphere" panoramas, other than that the Huawei stock app provides far better results due to the fact that GCam has absolutely no support for Kirin CPU I assume

Try and experiment carefully with the settings within the app.
Or you can try any other mod from dev-suggested page.
24th April 2019, 02:22 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funCrash93

This version made by BSG V2e: MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e.apk worked for me (kind of, crashes quite often on settings change, but still).
The only worthy addition to Stock camera is the "Photosphere" panoramas, other than that the Huawei stock app provides far better results due to the fact that GCam has absolutely no support for Kirin CPU I assume

Try and experiment carefully with the settings within the app.
Or you can try any other mod from dev-suggested page.

F...k kirin
My mate 20x is the last phone feom HUAWEI
24th April 2019, 02:37 PM |#11  
Flag Iași
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowihel2012

F...k kirin
My mate 20x is the last phone feom HUAWEI

Honestly P30 Pro seems like an awesome device so far,
and not sure there is a need for GCam (the mentioned port really does the job with panoramas in Photosphere) as the Stock camera app is quite good
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)