• Screenshot_20190906_123402_com.huawei.betaclub.jpg
    Screenshot_20190906_123402_com.huawei.betaclub.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 2,294
Last edited:

RMerlin

Jan 26, 2011
Montreal
asuswrt.lostrealm.ca
Odd, I read a few days ago that the initial beta would only be open in China, with other regions following at a later date.

I can't even install the Friendly User Test client here. Keeps complaining about needing the latest Huawei Mobile Service application, but there is no update available for it when I check on Google Play. Maybe the Canadian model lacks that particular service.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealPhantom13

mab71

Jan 18, 2011
Kay El
Same here in Malaysia

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190906_165411_com.huawei.betaclub.jpg
    Screenshot_20190906_165411_com.huawei.betaclub.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Screenshot_20190906_165516_com.huawei.betaclub.jpg
    Screenshot_20190906_165516_com.huawei.betaclub.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,268

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
I've installed the beta app but not sure I want to update, the list of bugs include some features I want to work, like front camera night mode

Maybe will have been fixed by the time it's offered here, videos I've watched show the UI and features looking pretty much the same as 9 too, although that was a couple month old video

jayreen

Jan 15, 2013
Nice. How long did you have to wait to subscribe? I just sent the request to join the project. I'm in France, C431E4R2P2

Revengebg

Nov 23, 2014
Haskovo
I am confused . In that huawei page they said that Bulgaria wont be included for the beta emui but they specify that ELE-L29 9.1.0.193(C431E4R2P2) that will get . I am in Bulgaria and I have the exact same model . So when we will get it ? Every other eu country got it but not mine . I am checking everyday 2-3 times and I will be mad if we dont get it ... My model number is the same with same 193 software update .

Andrew49378

May 12, 2012
I am confused . In that huawei page they said that Bulgaria wont be included for the beta emui but they specify that ELE-L29 9.1.0.193(C431E4R2P2) that will get . I am in Bulgaria and I have the exact same model . So when we will get it ? Every other eu country got it but not mine . I am checking everyday 2-3 times and I will be mad if we dont get it ... My model number is the same with same 193 software update .
Have you registered in the beta app yet?

Vanchanh2

Nov 29, 2018
Hey @All,

I've got accepted 2 days ago into the Beta (Germany)

How long does it take usually to push the OTA Update onto your system? I only get bloated with notifications of the annoying carrier updates which I won't install for obv. reasons.

Thank yall ♥

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Hey @All,

I've got accepted 2 days ago into the Beta (Germany)

How long does it take usually to push the OTA Update onto your system? I only get bloated with notifications of the annoying carrier updates which I won't install for obv. reasons.

Thank yall ♥

You probably need the latest carrier update before it will be offered

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Are you sure about that? In first place I wasn't able to join the beta at all, since it told me you cannot join if you're running a carrier version of Android. Thus I had to hard reset my phone. :/

Read here the requirements
https://consumer.huawei.com/en/community/details/%5bEMUI%2010%20Beta%20Opens%5d%20Get%20Ahead%20of%20the%20Line!/topicId_26877/showBread_1/fbclid_IwAR0mNOs1vh1_XJrCd2YKugkYXN67TyXegPHW9w5L14iCr-eUZwRTkXLXY-I/

.193 is the required firmware and also the latest available carrier

You should not be getting update notifications for carrier firmware if you flashed unbranded/global or whatever the non carrier is called on Huawei, and a reset alone won't remove carrier firmware

Last edited:

jayreen

Jan 15, 2013
What you don't get is that for some carriers, when you put sim on the phone, it downloads a software update which installs over the original firmware. It works as a layer.
When you reset your phone without putting the sim on, you get the original firmware without this carrier layer. That's how I could join the project. Then I put the sim on again because you can't join the project without a sim on the phone.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
What you don't get is that for some carriers, when you put sim on the phone, it downloads a software update which installs over the original firmware. It works as a layer.
When you reset your phone without putting the sim on, you get the original firmware without this carrier layer. That's how I could join the project. Then I put the sim on again because you can't join the project without a sim on the phone.

Ah ok, I've been with Samsung for years so not used to Huawei methods yet

Ladokoz

Sep 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Anyone getting constant crashes with Nova Launcher on Android 10 that revert back to stock launcher? This happens to me Everytime I press the home navigation button when in I'm in home screen.

Last edited:

Revengebg

Nov 23, 2014
Haskovo
I think you are not right . Does't matter . The phones are unlocked . For example my phone is c431 model and it's listed in the huawei topic that we will get beta but nothing for now . Carriers dont install anything on your phone . Its not branded !

jayreen

Jan 15, 2013
See above :

There is the usual firmware, plus a software layer installed by... The carrier. It's downloading itself right away when i put my sim on.

I never said it would lock the phone. But with this carrier software, you can not join the project (it claims the firmware is not compatible). I had to reset my phone to delete this carrier software, then put my sim and join the project before installing the carrier software.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is the UK going to get included in emui 10 beta anybody know? Tried beta app but always fails log in

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Have to wait and see

Open Beta Update Schedule for EMUI 10:

• Huawei P30/P30 Pro: Mid-October 2019
    Odd, I read a few days ago that the initial beta would only be open in China, with other regions following at a later date.

I can't even install the Friendly User Test client here. Keeps complaining about needing the latest Huawei Mobile Service application, but there is no update available for it when I check on Google Play. Maybe the Canadian model lacks that particular service.
    Can you still apply for beta? I'll be exchanging my note 9 for the p30 later on.
    Was open again few days ago only certain regions again probably [emoji17] never the UK lol

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk