FORUMS

Gaming performance.

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By DarkAngel117, Junior Member on 30th June 2020, 05:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After mucking around with certain games I used to have on my old Galaxy S8 I've discovered something interesting. I get ridiculous lag and frame pacing in just about every game leading to poor results in games such as Cytus 2 (fast paced rhythm game relying on accurate input with no lag) the new Sky game (stutters and tearing in both refresh modes), and a side scroller that has no heavy graphical fidelity (lags on screen and even tears sometimes).

This is all kind of in accordance to this recent review video of the p40 (different phone, same chipset)

https://www.androidauthority.com/hua...-plus-1133345/

Now one thing I've noticed is that if I use appassistant to launch these games, the poor performance disappears entirely. No lag anywhere, in Cytus, where before during fast sections it wouldn't even register taps 6-7 times per song, there are ZERO misses across the board. Similarly, no screen tearing or lag in any other game.

Wondering if the OS is optimized to cut power to the GPU and put it into limp mode during normal operation to save battery as I've noticed a dramatic difference in battery drop when using appassistant or not to play games. I mean naturally, the appassistant game center is doing its job but man that's a big difference.

Anyone have similar experiences?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gaming, p40, p40 pro, performance

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)