FORUMS

How are you working around GMS App access?

28 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Tech_Droid1, Junior Member on 30th June 2020, 02:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone I hope you are all well...

Thought I ask the majority of you as you may be using a P40 series device without Google Mobile Services, at first I did hit a roadblock with the transition from GMS to HMS but seems like its a workaround from this app to that app but just curious to know how everyone is adapting to the new GMS being HMS, how's your experience been thus far and what would you change?

It would be great to get a view to see if any of us are having similar journeys, I myself can now say I have adapted to 100% HMS and am looking forward to what is next from Huawei.

Looking forward to your responses
30th June 2020, 02:23 PM |#2  

More
I really like it. I would just like it if there was an easier way of updating apps rather than. doing them manually.
30th June 2020, 02:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Droid1

Thought I ask the majority of you as you may be using a P40 series device without Google Mobile Services, at first I did hit a roadblock with the transition from GMS to HMS but seems like its a workaround from this app to that app but just curious to know how everyone is adapting to the new GMS being HMS, how's your experience been thus far and what would you change?

It would be great to get a view to see if any of us are having similar journeys, I myself can now say I have adapted to 100% HMS and am looking forward to what is next from Huawei.

Hey,

All in all i have found it easy enough. Im just waiting on contactless payment from Huawei. I never used it before but due to Covid I'm finding a growing need for this, but i always have my bank card so its not super important.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Droid1

Which phone do you have? how are you finding it?
30th June 2020, 02:30 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw9075n

I really like it. I would just like it if there was an easier way of updating apps rather than. doing them manually.

Yeah that's a great shout I'd say once this is a fix it will be smooth sailing...
1st July 2020, 02:11 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHtube

Hey,

All in all i have found it easy enough. Im just waiting on contactless payment from Huawei. I never used it before but due to Covid I'm finding a growing need for this, but i always have my bank card so its not super important.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Which phone do you have? how are you finding it?

Myself included Google Pay is more of a novelty to me and only used it a few times, I intrigued with Huawei Pay and how it differs if it does, I am currently using a P40 Pro the experience has been no different to P30 Pro tbh I'd like to see app updates by themselves and not having to manually do so from multiple stores otherwise I am extremely impressed.
1st July 2020, 05:36 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I bank with Barclays and NatWest which sucks as these apps don't work on HMS yet - web browser and/or keeping my P30 Pro on WiFi in the work draw as the alternative.

Pleasant discovers I wouldn't have come across if I wasn't forced away from Google's bits are YouTube Vanced (even got this running on my P30 Pro now) and DuckDuckGo...

Everything else I used I've managed to get working...

Still happy with my device, no intention on returning, but Huawei do need to pull their finger out and add some more bits to AppGallery... and do something about the suggested apps and adverts on the main page.
2nd July 2020, 02:27 PM |#7  

More
I think the banking apps could be bit of a sticking point from an outside view. But fantastic phone if you know what you are doing.
2nd July 2020, 03:00 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw9075n

I think the banking apps could be bit of a sticking point from an outside view. But fantastic phone if you know what you are doing.

I hope Huawei and UK banking partners work it out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hms huawei newusers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)