FORUMS

P40 PRO with GMS notifications issues

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By L0tnik, Junior Member on 15th April 2020, 09:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone.

I'm writing this for everyone having problems with notification from some apps.

Right now I not receive notification from:
1. Twitter - not at all. And I can't go into setting for Push notifications
2. Gmail - that's funny. I receive one notification a day around 8-9PM.
3. Youtube - no notifications
4. LinkedIn - no notfications

And some specific apps for my country like: Inpost and OLX.

Share what's your experience with that. Maybe we will find solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to L0tnik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift L0tnik Ad-Free
15th April 2020, 08:30 PM |#2  
Flag Sandhurst,Berkshire
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0tnik

Hi everyone.

I'm writing this for everyone having problems with notification from some apps.

Right now I not receive notification from:
1. Twitter - not at all. And I can't go into setting for Push notifications
2. Gmail - that's funny. I receive one notification a day around 8-9PM.
3. Youtube - no notifications
4. LinkedIn - no notfications

And some specific apps for my country like: Inpost and OLX.

Share what's your experience with that. Maybe we will find solution.

I am the same. Only WhatsApp gets notifications. All others don't work
16th April 2020, 11:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I installed GMS just out of curiosity and had the same issue. It seems like one of the Core functionalities of GMS is still incompatible/not working (Firebase). You'd expect WhatsApp to always work as it uses a separate Push service protocol.
16th April 2020, 12:29 PM |#4  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 511

More
Yeah, Gmail definitely does not work. =/

I have a hunch this is all tied to using such an old version of google account manager. (v4 is only version that still works)
16th April 2020, 01:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
This problem is because you are not registered in push notification by gms. Youbhave to choose GMS or push notification for this moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to matik3789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matik3789 Ad-Free
16th April 2020, 05:08 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Seems like some have got it working, see here: https://mightygadget.co.uk/how-to-in...cation-errors/
17th April 2020, 06:36 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el viento

Seems like some have got it working, see here:

I wrote that. It was to disable the notification nags you get when you get GMS working - it is not in relation to receiving notifications from apps. I will look into this today though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MightyGadget For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MightyGadget Ad-Free
17th April 2020, 08:07 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGadget

I wrote that. It was to disable the notification nags you get when you get GMS working - it is not in relation to receiving notifications from apps. I will look into this today though.

Nice work it was a good guide so thanks . GMS currently running on my P40 pro at the moment no major issues. I did get an error this morning regarding google account services but its gone away and not come back. I also got the autocomplete working on apps just by changing the autofill settings to google and all seems to be working fine (most probably already know this but it may be helpful to some). Only issue i have run into is Netflix is not working with the latest Software update (incompatible device) but I'm sure they will update it soon.
17th April 2020, 08:47 AM |#9  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:

Thank you.
Will it work from a memory card or a usb stick is mandatory ?
17th April 2020, 09:05 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borh77

Thank you.
Will it work from a memory card or a usb stick is mandatory ?

I have only done it via USB, but it shouldn't make any difference at all, as long as you get LZ Play and the APKs on the phone it should work fine.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by el viento

Nice work it was a good guide so thanks . GMS currently running on my P40 pro at the moment no major issues. I did get an error this morning regarding google account services but its gone away and not come back. I also got the autocomplete working on apps just by changing the autofill settings to google and all seems to be working fine (most probably already know this but it may be helpful to some). Only issue i have run into is Netflix is not working with the latest Software update (incompatible device) but I'm sure they will update it soon.

Play store didn't have Netflix for me, I had to install that via APK Pure, but it works fine for me from there, it will only work in SD though.

I have had the occasional random notification that google can't log in my account, but then it carries on working as normal.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyGadget For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MightyGadget Ad-Free
17th April 2020, 10:18 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:

Hey mate, thank you for your work. Just a quick question, do you think Huawei can/will patch these methods in the future? I know they don't allow bootloader unlocking, but they could at least continue to allow people to sideload GMS on their phones. I already ordered a P40 Pro though so it's kinda too late now, but I'm just wondering what people think.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)