FORUMS

[GUIDE] [WITHOUT USB-C ADAPTER] P40 & P40 PRO - Google Services Installation

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By SmartphoneRAT, Junior Member on 11th April 2020, 05:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I wanted to show you my own approach to make it work 100%.

*This GUIDE was written for a German forum so the video will be spoken in German but you can just follow what I do in the video.
*You only have to install the Device APK in the included folder if you can't install it via Playstore.

After you have installed all the Google services, I recommend to use PHONE-Clone to transfer your data. I used all data, including Google APPS and in the end it looks like you only changed your Smartphone

Before we start, I want to make it clear that everyone should decide for themselves whether to follow this guide, we all know that foreign software is not so popular, but that's the way it is in the hobby developer corner

If you are afraid that your data will be sucked up then do it, it is not that easy so please refrain from these comments! This GUIDE is specially made for people who want to install the Google Play Services.

The following apps are currently not working with it:
  • Google Pay
  • Google Music
  • Google YouTube Music
  • Google News
  • Google service for push messages (how disadvantageous this is remains to be seen)

What do you need for this GUIDE?
-USB C cable
-A PC or Notebook
-20 minutes of your life

Installation Package] (if you don't have the possibility to install device ID from the Playstore you can find the APK in my installation's folder but please try before via Playstore )
LINK: P40 & P40 PER GUIDE

The video is currently in German but you could just copy what I do
https://youtu.be/9qcPOcRfXFw
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmartphoneRAT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SmartphoneRAT Ad-Free
14th April 2020, 12:34 PM |#2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 37

More
So what happens when an OTA update arrives? Do you have to install all again? Do apps stop working?
I'm nearly about to pull the trigger But.........

Sent from my P30 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to Terra1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Terra1 Ad-Free
14th April 2020, 03:06 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1

So what happens when an OTA update arrives? Do you have to install all again? Do apps stop working?
I'm nearly about to pull the trigger But.........

Sent from my P30 Pro

This has not been checked yet. I had installed all updates before and only then installed the services on it. If an update should activate the push notifications again, you only have to repeat the last steps:

Clear the framework data and cache and see if it works.
If not then delete play services and uninstall framework and install it again. This should work then
The Following User Says Thank You to SmartphoneRAT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SmartphoneRAT Ad-Free
20th April 2020, 08:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
have followed these steps i believe correctly however when i try to sign into google i am getting a message saying ' a problem occured while communicating with google servers'

anyone advise what ive done wrong or how to fix it please?

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

i am also unable to sign into my google account saying there is a connection problem?
21st April 2020, 11:45 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpsauce37

have followed these steps i believe correctly however when i try to sign into google i am getting a message saying ' a problem occured while communicating with google servers'

anyone advise what ive done wrong or how to fix it please?

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

i am also unable to sign into my google account saying there is a connection problem?

Manged to sort it now.

Fully working with no play store messages and even my banking app (Barclays ) is working which is a bonus.
22nd April 2020, 05:49 PM |#6  

More
Nothing special here. Just how to restore a backup by HiSuite to have LZP app
22nd April 2020, 07:16 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Manged to sort it now.

Fully working with no play store messages and even my banking app (Barclays ) is working which is a bonus.

No longer working for me ☹️

Worked fine for a day and then started getting the error messages. Tried to go through the process again and could not get it to work with any of the play services replacement files supplied.

Any ideas?
22nd April 2020, 07:20 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

No longer working for me

Worked fine for a day and then started getting the error messages. Tried to go through the process again and could not get it to work with any of the play services replacement files supplied.

Any ideas?

Using other gms file to fix it
22nd April 2020, 07:52 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaweifans

Using other gms file to fix it

Which one?
22nd April 2020, 07:56 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Which one?

This one instead of gms mod1: easier to fix, need to do only 1 time https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

Credit to Hoang Huy who the first one found this file and method!
22nd April 2020, 09:53 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

This one instead of gms mod1: easier to fix, need to do only 1 time https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

Ok I'll give it a go.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote:

I've installed again and used this file. Not getting any error messages but play store not loading up saying 'error while retrieving information'?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)