Search This thread

trapcoder

Sep 21, 2017
yeah works 100% well gestures and everything on my global version

Screenshot_20200420_171051_com.android.permissioncontroller.jpg

Last edited:

linux2525

May 12, 2020
...which can be helped with Microg. Push notifications work fine now.

ok .. trying to install now ... how do we get past signature spoofing? or dont we need to in order to use firebase of GCM?

From microG from f-droid ...
i installed GMScore than fakestore ... then I logged-in to Google.

SammyVDA

ok .. trying to install now ... how do we get past signature spoofing? or dont we need to in order to use firebase of GCM?

There are detailed instructions on Android Hilfe (in German). I translated them:

1. Perform a factory reset of the phone.
2. Install Services Core.
3. Install Services Framework Proxy.
4. Install the FakeStore.
5. Open the Microg Settings app. Grant it all permissions and disable battery optimizations.
5.1 Add your Google account.
5.2 Turn on Device Registration, Cloud Messaging and SafetyNet.
5.3 Restart your phone.
6. Open Microg Settings app, check the status under Cloud Messaging. If it says not connected enter the following in the phone app: *#*#2432546#*#* and restart your phone. Check the status again - it should say Connected. (I had to enter the phone string and restart my phone twice until it said connected).

All this will give you is push notifications since we can not enable signature spoofing. If you restore apps from a backup you may have to delete their cache/and or data before they start using Microg for their messaging.
Instead of the Fakestore you can apparently also use LzPlay and install the real Play Store later (delete the Fakestore first) . I haven't tried that though because I don't want to use that app.

linux2525

May 12, 2020
There are detailed instructions on Android Hilfe (in German). I translated them:

Thanks, I am now connected in the GCM :) But in the list of google cloud messaging apps ... I have about 15 apps now connected but only the Outlook app has processed a notification and the other apps are not ...
Outlook app - 'Last message: 2 minutes ago, 9.12am'
Skype - 'No messages received so far'

When you test with the app linked in this page, do you have x4 green ticks? I only had x3 green checks and was missing google play services ...
https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Helpful-Information

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Perform a factory reset of the phone.
    2. Install Services Core.
    3. Install Services Framework Proxy.
    4. Install the FakeStore.
    5. Open the Microg Settings app. Grant it all permissions and disable battery optimizations.
    5.1 Add your Google account.
    5.2 Turn on Device Registration, Cloud Messaging and SafetyNet.
    5.3 Restart your phone.
    6. Open Microg Settings app, check the status under Cloud Messaging. If it says not connected enter the following in the phone app: *#*#2432546#*#* and restart your phone. Check the status again - it should say Connected. (I had to enter the phone string and restart my phone twice until it said connected).

All this will give you is push notifications since we can not enable signature spoofing. If you restore apps from a backup you may have to delete their cache/and or data before they start using Microg for their messaging.
    Instead of the Fakestore you can apparently also use LzPlay and install the real Play Store later (delete the Fakestore first) . I haven't tried that though because I don't want to use that app.
    Assume you cannot get Nova Prime without GMS so just the free version?

With Aurora Store you should be able to download the paid version app extension (given you sign in with your own Google account and have paid for the full version :laugh:
    Which install method for GPS? Did you follow the method below ? ...

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82575319&postcount=121

Basically yes, the methods I used are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ1hw7nB2mM
    to install gms

then used
    https://mightygadget.co.uk/how-to-fix-push-notifications-on-huawei-p40-pro/
    in order to activate notifications.

i keep the adb command for icebox ready to copy and paste so easy enough