FORUMS

Photo quality

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,024

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 16th March 2020, 02:03 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Huawei P40 Pro come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
3rd April 2020, 12:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
i have mate 30 pro and p40 pro
I notice that mate 30 pro has better quality than p40 pro specially at night I will upload some pics
11th April 2020, 05:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
hmm ok?
11th April 2020, 07:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I moved from p30 Pro to P40 pro - The main camera on par with better shots in the dark wors night mode?
Zoom is a lot better, but far from other cameras
Wide 18mm vs 16mm??? Bad move difference with main camera is not so big now and definitely far from Samsung's 13mm.
AI changed a lot especially in wide camera - pictures are not so punchy like P30's
Video is a lot better all over it but the zoom is not very good
Overall good improvement but not overwhelming.
16th April 2020, 04:39 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Really struggling since the update I received yesterday 😔 Noisy night shots and a horrible pink/purple hue whenever the subject in the photo is black (my sofa for example). Would attach an example image but it doesn't seem to like me uploading anything 🤔 Long term Huawei fan but for now I'm really unhappy. Preferred the P30 Pro.
16th April 2020, 01:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeerz

i have mate 30 pro and p40 pro
I notice that mate 30 pro has better quality than p40 pro specially at night I will upload some pics

Are you sure? Yesterday was doing photos from mate 30 pro and p40 pro at night in the same place.
P40 pro Got really sharper details when you will zoom photos on pc.
Idk how to add photos then i will show here difference
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matik3789 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matik3789 Ad-Free
18th April 2020, 06:50 AM |#8  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I am a little disappointed, the pictures at night seem ok, but they are better with my old HTC U11 and GCam which is strange because the P40 Sensor is ten times bigger.
The pictures with the night mode are very noisy.
Do you think my P40 Pro have a problem ?
Here are the samples :
1) Huawaei P40 Pro
2) Huawei P40 Pro with night mode
3) HTC U11 with GCam and night mode

Huawei P40 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro Night Mode
HTC U11 GCam Night Mode
18th April 2020, 02:10 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borh77

I am a little disappointed, the pictures at night seem ok, but they are better with my old HTC U11 and GCam which is strange because the P40 Sensor is ten times bigger.
The pictures with the night mode are very noisy.
Do you think my P40 Pro have a problem ?
Here are the samples :
1) Huawaei P40 Pro
2) Huawei P40 Pro with night mode
3) HTC U11 with GCam and night mode

Huawei P40 Pro

Huawei P40 Pro Night Mode

HTC U11 GCam Night Mode

you answered your question yourself, your using gcam try it with default camera they will not win with p40. if you want to make a straight comparison use gcam also on p40 then comeback at me
18th April 2020, 02:46 PM |#10  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnostra

you answered your question yourself, your using gcam try it with default camera they will not win with p40. if you want to make a straight comparison use gcam also on p40 then comeback at me

I'd love it but I did not find any working GCam mod on the P40 Pro for now. If you know one, please tell me. From what I understand, it is difficult to port GCam on devices without snapdragon
18th April 2020, 02:49 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borh77

I'd love it but I did not find any working GCam mod on the P40 Pro for now. If you know one, please tell me. From what I understand, it is difficult to port GCam on devices without snapdragon

try this

https://droidfunk.com/google-camera-...-p40-download/

although i dont like using gcam cause otherwise ill just buy a middle range phone if i will rely on that.
i bought a s20 ultra and p40 pro for their specs and their camera so if i will just be using gcam in the end then it means their camera is a fail.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)