[Firmware] GRA-L09C432B398 firmware available through Firmware Finder

Search This thread

ajokay

Jul 17, 2008
Found through Firmware Finder by Team MT
( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teammt.gmanrainy.huaweifirmwarefinder)

GRA-L09C432B398

This update improves system security with Google security patches. [Optimizations] Improved device security with Google security patches. [Update notes] 1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating. 2. If you experience any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance.

Greets Aj

Reactions: Kris van Kooten

razvann974

May 29, 2016
Why no one try to send a complaint to huawei about reversed camera audio channels when recording a video with default camera app? I send two time complaint about this problem and i received a weird answer that the problem wasnt attended because there is a single complaint about the problem ( probably me) and again probably there is a problem from my phone. But i already tested on other P8 phone and there is the same problem. The problem is not from the kernel, but from the camera app, because with third party camera apps from google play , audio channels are correct positioned.

Mar 22, 2015
Doetinchem
how to install.....

After download: File can be found on SD card: HWFF

1. Create a folder DLOAD in the external SD card.
2. Unzip the file update.zip into the DLOAD folder.
3. Disconnect your phone from your PC, if still attached.
4. In the dialer app type the following: *#*#2846579#*#*
5. Select Software Upgrade [option 4], then Update SD Card.

The phone will reboot and install the update.

yokozuna

Jun 16, 2007
Poznań
It came to my mind that maybe someone will need all the mentioned files needed for flashing and rooting. I repacked the B398 firmware and compressed it with 7-zip. I also compressed TWRP 3.1.10, Magisk 12.0, Magisk Manager 4.33, unSU script, and Huawei HiSuite 5.01 (ought to update to 5.02).

The links should be valid for several weeks and the servers are pretty fast. The MD5 files are B02D09611EAD06BE4C2F4DCDF152C412 (the firmware) and C51A563467D37E106CE211F909A6D8B4 (the tools).

https://nofile.io/f/uZSOkMXgoto/B398.7z
https://nofile.io/f/WHxcnBx1LF6/tools4P8rooting.7z

Last edited:

wbrambley

Anyone seen this pop up on firmware finder?
A re issue of an old version with new security patch? uploadfromtaptalk1501669445631.png

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09

Trza33

Jul 28, 2017
After download: File can be found on SD card: HWFF

1. Create a folder DLOAD in the external SD card.
2. Unzip the file update.zip into the DLOAD folder.
3. Disconnect your phone from your PC, if still attached.
4. In the dialer app type the following: *#*#2846579#*#*
5. Select Software Upgrade [option 4], then Update SD Card.

The phone will reboot and install the update.

Why do i get after Update SDCard this message : Warning : No upgrade file. But i did ally what u said , i even move it do the right folder ... MD5 r all the same what should be ... RIP MY HUAWEI P8 :(

Last edited:

chrhei

Nov 1, 2010
Bochum
Why do i get after Update SDCard this message : Warning : No upgrade file. But i did ally what u said , i even move it do the right folder ... MD5 r all the same what should be ... RIP MY HUAWEI P8 :(
Keep the DLOAD folder with the extracted files on your internal memory.
Shutdown your phone.
Press power ON and VOLUME up/down simultaneously and wait..., update process should start after a while.
Don't be to lazy reading this forum

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI GRA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Trza33

Jul 28, 2017
Keep the DLOAD folder with the extracted files on your internal memory.
Shutdown your phone.
Press power ON and VOLUME up/down simultaneously and wait..., update process should start after a while.
Don't be to lazy reading this forum

I get software install failed message

Trza33

Jul 28, 2017
Perform these steps twice without rebooting the phone. Don't press reboot phone. Just use the hardware buttons, and ensure that nothing is plugged in to USB.

U mean that i should only turnn off phone and press volume buttons ? :)

ajokay

Jul 17, 2008
No one that tried the B173 firmware?

Greets AJ

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using XDA Labs

razvann974

May 29, 2016
I think with this firmware( B398), Huawei finally ended the support for this phone... There are over 2 years from launching date.

Top Liked Posts