FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is that a pre-installed screen protector and how can i fix a scratch on the screen?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Radiphus, Junior Member on 7th March 2017, 05:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I 've been using my new phone for a couple of days, when i suddenly noticed a scratch on my screen while i was watching a video and the light wasn't reflecting normally at one specific spot.

I have no idea how that scratch got there, as i have been VERY careful with it. It is not a very big scratch, but i am very upset after having an expensive item damaged in its first days of use.

While searching the internet for ways to fix it, i came across "screen protectors", which i had never heard of before. I also read some tips about having the scratch "removed" with toothpaste or baking soda. However, i do not want to make things worse by applying this homemade material on my screen.

As i was examining the screen, i noticed something that looks like a membrane on my phone's screen. I can't give you a direct link to a photo/video because of this forum rules (not allowing users with less than 10 posts to post external links), but you can see a photo of my screen at imgur . com / 64SXzhB and a video at streamable . com / zk6zw.

Is that a pre-installed screen protector or am i effed? If it is in fact a screen protector, can i remove it and replace it? What should i replace it with and how can i do that?

If need be, would the toothpaste, baking soda tips have any chance of working on my screen?

Thank you very much!

7th March 2017, 08:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 616

More
It should be a pre-applied screen protector. Normally, the screen don't have the little "holes" on the internal camera&speaker. I can't tell you if it's a normal screen protector or a glass one, try to apply pressure on the border of the screen with nail and you should see air come under the protector.
The Following User Says Thank You to Potato997 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Potato997 Ad-Free
8th March 2017, 01:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
The phone come with one on it I dropped my phone when carrying shopping (it fell out my pocket) straight on to a road face down and there was a car coming so I had to slowly slide it on the tarmac it was full of scratches but I took the screen protector off and it was find underneath I suggest you invest for a mid range screen protector it can really save your phone's screen
The Following User Says Thank You to bghyt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bghyt Ad-Free
17th April 2017, 06:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiphus

I 've been using my new phone for a couple of days, when i suddenly noticed a scratch on my screen while i was watching a video and the light wasn't reflecting normally at one specific spot.

I have no idea how that scratch got there, as i have been VERY careful with it. It is not a very big scratch, but i am very upset after having an expensive item damaged in its first days of use.

While searching the internet for ways to fix it, i came across "screen protectors", which i had never heard of before. I also read some tips about having the scratch "removed" with toothpaste or baking soda. However, i do not want to make things worse by applying this homemade material on my screen.

As i was examining the screen, i noticed something that looks like a membrane on my phone's screen. I can't give you a direct link to a photo/video because of this forum rules (not allowing users with less than 10 posts to post external links), but you can see a photo of my screen at imgur . com / 64SXzhB and a video at streamable . com / zk6zw.

Is that a pre-installed screen protector or am i effed? If it is in fact a screen protector, can i remove it and replace it? What should i replace it with and how can i do that?

If need be, would the toothpaste, baking soda tips have any chance of working on my screen?

Thank you very much!

It is a factory fixed plastic screen protector ,you can remove it.
I got same protector in my box
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)