FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

screen protector

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By rhorv, Junior Member on 1st August 2016, 07:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

I have recently purchased a p9 lite and I was planning on putting a screen protector on it, however it seems like to me that something is already on it by default (at least it was like this straight out of the box). See the pictures attached. Is it something I should remove before applying my own protector? do I even need one with this pre-applied?

Unfortunately I cant embed outside links in my message directly because of the forum policy, but here are the links (replace the dots):

www dot starfleet dot hu/rhorvath/p9_top.jpg

www dot starfleet dot hu/rhorvath/p9_bottom.jpg

1st August 2016, 07:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
You should look for 3mk hybrid glass because logo in P9 Lite is not so flat and there could be bubble problem with regular glass protection
1st August 2016, 10:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring.ring

You should look for 3mk hybrid glass because logo in P9 Lite is not so flat and there could be bubble problem with regular glass protection

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't answer my question
2nd August 2016, 02:03 AM |#4  
Flag sabaoani
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhorv

Hi,

I have recently purchased a p9 lite and I was planning on putting a screen protector on it, however it seems like to me that something is already on it by default (at least it was like this straight out of the box). See the pictures attached. Is it something I should remove before applying my own protector? do I even need one with this pre-applied?

Unfortunately I cant embed outside links in my message directly because of the forum policy, but here are the links (replace the dots):

www dot starfleet dot hu/rhorvath/p9_top.jpg

www dot starfleet dot hu/rhorvath/p9_bottom.jpg

You have a plastic screen protector applied from factory.
If you plan to apply a different like tempered glass, first remove the pre applied one. Otherwise you will have touch issues sometimes
The Following User Says Thank You to lzimbrea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lzimbrea Ad-Free
2nd August 2016, 09:52 PM |#5  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 276

More
Now this help me a bit ..mine came with a screen protector in the accessories box but it didn't have one applied from the factory and I tried 2 different tempered glass ones and both have ended up with an air bubble by the logo..
The Following User Says Thank You to lilbrat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lilbrat Ad-Free
3rd August 2016, 01:01 AM |#6  
Flag sabaoani
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrat

Now this help me a bit ..mine came with a screen protector in the accessories box but it didn't have one applied from the factory and I tried 2 different tempered glass ones and both have ended up with an air bubble by the logo..

That's strange. My unit doesn't have this problem
3rd August 2016, 03:21 PM |#7  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 2,638

Donate to Me
More
Did anyone try this one out?
http://nillkin.org/smartphones-acces...-p9-lite-g9-pe

I looked as much as I could for a screen protector with a cut-out,but I nothing came up.
3rd August 2016, 08:19 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
just tried a glass protector from PULESEN ,left me with huge bubbles around the logo as well ... dont think any of the protectors would work fine given they are all flat... seems to be a problem of the phone really
3rd August 2016, 08:42 PM |#9  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 2,638

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhorv

just tried a glass protector from PULESEN ,left me with huge bubbles around the logo as well ... dont think any of the protectors would work fine given they are all flat... seems to be a problem of the phone really

This may sound extreme,but has anyone tried scratching the logo off(with fingernails,of course)?
5th August 2016, 10:33 AM |#10  
Flag Rawalpindi
Thanks Meter: 59

More
My P9 lite (L21) Also came with protector in the accessories box but the shopkeeper told me that its not a glass protector so he applied another glass protector but now i have 2 huge bubbles of air at the bottom.I Wonder if i had asked him to apply original protector that came in the accessories box would bubbles appear even then? Anyone?
5th August 2016, 11:41 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usama707

My P9 lite (L21) Also came with protector in the accessories box but the shopkeeper told me that its not a glass protector so he applied another glass protector but now i have 2 huge bubbles of air at the bottom.I Wonder if i had asked him to apply original protector that came in the accessories box would bubbles appear even then? Anyone?

Mine came with the factory protector pre-applied (see the images in my original post) that one is supposed to be just a plastic protector so it is more flexible than the glass one, and I had no bubbles with that on, however probably worse in terms of protection. The choice is yours
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)