Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

OldDroid

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2012
Berlin

https%3A%2F%2Fs6.postimg.org%2Fi6uwnihfl%2Faospa.jpg

We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimizations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Pocket Lock
This feature prevents any form of accidental input when your device is in your pocket by disabling input sources. You can simply release Pocket Lock by long pressing the power button as highlighted by the minimal UI incase of any sort of obstruction or dust on the sensors.

Accidental Touch
Accidental Touch is a feature useful for many, especially the gamers out there. It prevents any sort of accidental touch on hardware buttons while the touchscreen is in use. This means you won’t experience any unexpected behaviour while playing games, web browsing or even when attempting to reach your finger out to the edge of that humongous display.

Major features:
- Reworked Pie
- Color engine
- Pocket lock
- Immersive mode
- Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
- On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
- SafetyNet Compatibility
- Battery/Notification LED control
- Recent tasks locking
- Battery icon customization
- Google now page in default launcher
- Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
- Quick pulldown
- Various performance and battery improvements
- Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
- More to explore

DOWNLOADS
pa_venus-7.2.2-DEV-20170807.zip
aospa_venus-vendor.zip NOT FLASHABLE - READ INSTRUCTIONS

WORKING
* Camera (Stock PA Camera works, some apps may have problems - snapchat confirmed working)
* RIL (partially)
* Video DEC/ENC
* Audio
* Wifi
* Bluetooth
* Nfc
* WiFi tethering
* MTP
* Flashlight
* Screen recording

NOT WORKING | ISSUES
* Camera is buggy atm (in various applications)
* multiple RIL issues, dual sim works fine for some users!
(or it doesn't work at all ... gambling, try rebranding to c432 if you have issues and update to b370, thats known as properly working)
* DT2W
* 720p/1080p 60fps playback (lags)
* Encryption

Instructions
1. delete all previously registered fingerprints on EMUI 5.0
2. backup internal storage, data, boot, vendor and system
3. format /data
4. wipe vendor, system
5. first time flashing the rom over emui 5? (skip this if you had lineage installed before)
flash vendor.img (extracted from vendor.zip, put it on your external sdcard)
command (either use twrp terminal or adb shell): dd if=/external_sd/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor)
it would be "sdcard" instead of "external_sd" if you flash it from your internal storage
6. flash aospa
7. optional: flash gapps (micro, arm64 suggested)
8. enjoy!

Credits
Team OpenKirin
Code:
@OldDroid
@surdu_petru
@XePeleato

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSPA for Huawei P9 Lite, ROM for the Huawei P9 Lite

Contributors
OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato
Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 5.0
Based On: AOSPA

Version Information

Created 2017-08-07
Last Updated 2017-08-07

Coolyou

Nov 5, 2016
@OldDroid if I'm already on LineageOS what are the steps?

Edit: Which one is more stable AOSPA or RR (which you might release today)

Last edited:

simo255

Nov 16, 2015
Casablanca
yeeeey ?
our goal is reached, and im so happy to see many roms for our device ! ♥️♥️

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

aospa is more stable since camera is working with stock pa one

Reactions: Atif Munir

Coolyou

Nov 5, 2016
yeeeey
our goal is reached, and im so happy to see many roms for our device !

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

AOSP Extended is somewhat near RR, but I don't think AOSPA is even near to the RR with features and options. :(

Potato997

May 20, 2016
No, but I know every single developer here on XDA.
@OldDroid
@surdu_petru
Metish1tus

Maybe now some more will join but hardly :/ p10 lite is a beast and mass people are getting it.
What if I tell you that there are two more devs (one for sure and one probably soon) working on it? We invited you to join Telegram group but you refused ;)

Reactions: simo255

Coolyou

Nov 5, 2016
What if I tell you that there are two more devs (one for sure and one probably soon) working on it? We invited you to join Telegram group but you refused ;)

Oh that's great to hear :D

Telegram is a a very crappy and messy app that's why I refused. idk why did you didn't use discord when it had millions of features and VoIP.

Asphyxiate666

Nov 23, 2014
Oh that's great to hear :D

Telegram is a a very crappy and messy app that's why I refused. idk why did you didn't use discord when it had millions of features and VoIP.

I don't agree with that, been using Telegram for months and it's a clean and functional app, with tons of useful stuff, the best feature being the ability to have your messages synced across multiple devices. Discord on the other hand is a much more intrusive app. There's no reason to hate Telegram.

Coolyou

Nov 5, 2016
I don't agree with that, been using Telegram for months and it's a clean and functional app, with tons of useful stuff, the best feature being the ability to have your messages synced across multiple devices. Discord on the other hand is a much more intrusive app. There's no reason to hate Telegram.

Discord has the most advanced admin system. Also, you can even use discord on your browser. Yeah, telegram is somewhat 2005ish while Discord keeps with nowadays standards.

Falcon_X

Jun 25, 2013
Ressurection Remix will be released soon?
Than I will wait :)

Nevertheless the color engine sounds interessting, is it a Paranoid Android exclusive feature?
Will Xposed beta work with PA?

simo255

Nov 16, 2015
Casablanca
Ressurection Remix will be released soon?
Than I will wait :)

Nevertheless the color engine sounds interessting, is it a Paranoid Android exclusive feature?
Will Xposed beta work with PA?
there is a beta test of rr, but it hasn't been published yet, join our telegram group if you want it :')
yes color engine is an exclusive features of aospa
someone in our group tried to flash xposed in linOs , it booted but it is still too risky.

Falcon_X

Jun 25, 2013
there is a beta test of rr, but it hasn't been published yet, join our telegram group if you want it :')
yes color engine is an exclusive features of aospa
someone in our group tried to flash xposed in linOs , it booted but it is still too risky.

How can I join your telegram group?
Is Dual Sim working?

I am already on Ressurection Remix Rom from Meticulus, but he stopped working on it.
I would like to use Dual Sim, in the meticulus build it wasn't working from the beginning and I couldn't install ARISE Soundmod.
Except that, the Rom was perfect

simo255

Nov 16, 2015
Casablanca
How can I join your telegram group?
Is Dual Sim working?

I am already on Ressurection Remix Rom from Meticulus, but he stopped working on it.
I would like to use Dual Sim, in the meticulus build it wasn't working from the beginning and I couldn't install ARISE Soundmod.
Except that, the Rom was perfect

https://t.me/huaweiP9lite
if your phone is already dual sim , dual sim will be working as well, according to testers who have 2 sims.

Coolyou

Nov 5, 2016
How's the camera here? Can someone post samples I want to know does this ROM worth installing over the RR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https%3A%2F%2Fs6.postimg.org%2Fi6uwnihfl%2Faospa.jpg

We’re really excited to announce that we are releasing our Nougat flavour of Paranoid Android. We have a lot in store - with a mix of both features & improvements.

First & foremost, we have moved our code base to be fully CAF based. This brings many improvements to your device. The key improvement here is that Qualcomm hardware is better tuned on the CAF base and with our additional optimizations we can provide a smooth and fluid user experience that will let you enjoy using your device without any lags.

On first launch you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson who’s teamed up with us again and created several beautiful pieces of artwork. For those of you who don’t know, Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose work stands itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We have also added several new features and made improvements to the UI of the system that we believe would enhance the overall experience.

Pie
    We’ve been working hard on redesigning this key feature of our portfolio and we’re really happy with how it has turned out. The whole design has been reworked and it fits in well with the overall feel of Google’s Material Design. This gives you the opportunity to use more gesture based control for navigating, rather than using the standard Navigation Bar at the bottom of your screen. Expect improvements and additions in the future.

Color Engine
    We’re proud to announce our newest feature - Color Engine. Color Engine allows you to seamlessly change the colors of your device to be in Light, Dark (Pixel) and Black modes with a variety of accent colors to choose from. This makes changing the theme of your device really quick without having to install any extra packages on your device.

Pocket Lock
    This feature prevents any form of accidental input when your device is in your pocket by disabling input sources. You can simply release Pocket Lock by long pressing the power button as highlighted by the minimal UI incase of any sort of obstruction or dust on the sensors.

Accidental Touch
    Accidental Touch is a feature useful for many, especially the gamers out there. It prevents any sort of accidental touch on hardware buttons while the touchscreen is in use. This means you won’t experience any unexpected behaviour while playing games, web browsing or even when attempting to reach your finger out to the edge of that humongous display.

Major features:
    - Reworked Pie
    - Color engine
    - Pocket lock
    - Immersive mode
    - Buttons customization (including navigation bar)
    - On the spot controls (OTS)

Minor features:
    - SafetyNet Compatibility
    - Battery/Notification LED control
    - Recent tasks locking
    - Battery icon customization
    - Google now page in default launcher
    - Substratum (OMS) support (Color engine will be deactivated if you use Substratum)
    - Quick pulldown
    - Various performance and battery improvements
    - Display Burn-in protection (for OLED screens)
    - More to explore

DOWNLOADS
    pa_venus-7.2.2-DEV-20170807.zip
    aospa_venus-vendor.zip NOT FLASHABLE - READ INSTRUCTIONS

WORKING
    * Camera (Stock PA Camera works, some apps may have problems - snapchat confirmed working)
    * RIL (partially)
    * Video DEC/ENC
    * Audio
    * Wifi
    * Bluetooth
    * Nfc
    * WiFi tethering
    * MTP
    * Flashlight
    * Screen recording

NOT WORKING | ISSUES
    * Camera is buggy atm (in various applications)
    * multiple RIL issues, dual sim works fine for some users!
    (or it doesn't work at all ... gambling, try rebranding to c432 if you have issues and update to b370, thats known as properly working)
    * DT2W
    * 720p/1080p 60fps playback (lags)
    * Encryption

Instructions
    1. delete all previously registered fingerprints on EMUI 5.0
    2. backup internal storage, data, boot, vendor and system
    3. format /data
    4. wipe vendor, system
    5. first time flashing the rom over emui 5? (skip this if you had lineage installed before)
    flash vendor.img (extracted from vendor.zip, put it on your external sdcard)
    command (either use twrp terminal or adb shell): dd if=/external_sd/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor)
    it would be "sdcard" instead of "external_sd" if you flash it from your internal storage
    6. flash aospa
    7. optional: flash gapps (micro, arm64 suggested)
    8. enjoy!

Credits
    Team OpenKirin
    Code:
    @OldDroid
    @surdu_petru
    @XePeleato

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSPA for Huawei P9 Lite, ROM for the Huawei P9 Lite

Contributors
    OldDroid, surdu_petru, XePeleato
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 5.0
    Based On: AOSPA

Version Information

Created 2017-08-07
    Last Updated 2017-08-07
    Already sorry for the nooby question!
    So theres this line in the instructions flash vendor.img (extracted from vendor.zip, put it on your external sdcard)
    command (either use twrp terminal or adb shell): dd if=/external_sd/vendor.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/vendor) and i get what i have to do i have to use adb shell or twrp terminal to use the command so the vendor will be placed in the right directory i get that but it says flash so i have to flash it and then use the command or just use the command? Sorry again! I know its a noob question!
    Download TWRP from HyperactiveROM or from EliteROM and just flash vendor with "flash image" option... No need to execute command any more.

Happy flashing ?

Just wipe data and flash PA
    yeeeey ?
    our goal is reached, and im so happy to see many roms for our device ! ♥️♥️

Is the team having problems?
    ?
    Yea, whit their spoiled brains...