FORUMS

P9Lite FRP lock

112 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By Epistemic, Senior Member on 3rd September 2016, 01:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anybody aware if the p9lite has an FRP Lock?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
3rd September 2016, 06:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epistemic

Anybody aware if the p9lite has an FRP Lock?

Yes it has, and you can unlock and relock it.
3rd September 2016, 07:00 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
So of I loose my phone nobody can get in as they don't have the correct gmail?

3rd September 2016, 07:35 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

So of I loose my phone nobody can get in as they don't have the correct gmail?

Normally yes, if you have bootloader locked, frp locked, stock recovery and a password at lock screen it is hard that someone else could use your p9 lite. To use your p9 lite without your gmail need to flash another rom and to do that you need a custom recovery but for a custom recovery you need bootloader unlocked and also frp unlocked and for that you need to turn on the phone and know the password at lockscreen.
The Following User Says Thank You to SevenSlevin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SevenSlevin Ad-Free
3rd September 2016, 08:00 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
How do I make sure bootloader and FRP are locked? My friend said the p9lite doesn't have FRP Lock but I'm sure it does.

I thought that even if it did have FRP and I lost phone, they could change from (build number) by flashing or using Odin regardless of bootloader.

3rd September 2016, 09:21 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

How do I make sure bootloader and FRP are locked? My friend said the p9lite doesn't have FRP Lock but I'm sure it does.

I thought that even if it did have FRP and I lost phone, they could change from (build number) by flashing or using Odin regardless of bootloader.

You need to enter in fastboot mode to see if you have frp and bootloader locked. To do that there are different ways:
1) adb from pc and using command on the terminal;
2) volume down + power button on same time for 10sec (this seems to not work on p9lite);
3) (probably the fast way) Shutdown your phone, press and hold volume down and while holding connect it to computer by an usb cable, after some seconds it will enter in fastboot mode. ( to exit from here and reboot system press and hold power button for 10sec)
Here you can see, down, in green color:
Phone lock (means bootloader locked);
FRP lock.
Or if they are unlocked, you will see them write in red color.

As I know Odin is for Samsung terminals and yes with it probably you can directly push other roms from PC(if you have theme) and yes FRP lock will be useless. Same things can do with mediatek terminals using SpFlashTool (was tested by me and frp was useless). For our device as I know there aren't those types of application on PC. We have HiSuite but can't do nothing from it.
3rd September 2016, 09:33 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSlevin

You need to enter in fastboot mode to see if you have frp and bootloader locked. To do that there are different ways:
1) adb from pc and using command on the terminal;
2) volume down + power button on same time for 10sec (this seems to not work on p9lite);
3) (probably the fast way) Shutdown your phone, press and hold volume down and while holding connect it to computer by an usb cable, after some seconds it will enter in fastboot mode. ( to exit from here and reboot system press and hold power button for 10sec)
Here you can see, down, in green color:
Phone lock (means bootloader locked);
FRP lock.
Or if they are unlocked, you will see them write in red color.

As I know Odin is for Samsung terminals and yes with it probably you can directly push other roms from PC(if you have theme) and yes FRP lock will be useless. Same things can do with mediatek terminals using SpFlashTool (was tested by me and frp was useless). For our device as I know there aren't those types of application on PC. We have HiSuite but can't do nothing from it.

Thinking about it I've only ever used Odin on Samsung. When I'm home I'll check if bootloader is locked. But I'm assuming it is as everything is stock/unrooted.

I've never factory reset and bothered to see if it was FRP locked, the lazy way to check.

I'll check when I go home.

3rd September 2016, 09:54 PM |#8  

More
Settings>developer modes, here it is an option:
Enable OEM unlock. If you enable it you will unlock FRP, by default it is disabled.
3rd September 2016, 10:18 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Settings>developer modes, here it is an option:
Enable OEM unlock. If you enable it you will unlock FRP, by default it is disabled.

The OEM UNLOCK enabled disables FRP Lock right? But out of the box the OEM UNLOCK is disabled which means the FRP lock is active?

3rd September 2016, 10:39 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

The OEM UNLOCK enabled disables FRP Lock right? But out of the box the OEM UNLOCK is disabled which means the FRP lock is active?

Yep! When you will go home to try fastboot mode, try also to change OEM unlock and you will see the difference. (about bootloader unlock you need a key that you can receive from Huawei for free, need to register somethings about your p9lite).
The Following User Says Thank You to SevenSlevin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SevenSlevin Ad-Free
3rd September 2016, 11:35 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Yep! When you will go home to try fastboot mode, try also to change OEM unlock and you will see the difference. (about bootloader unlock you need a key that you can receive from Huawei for free, need to register somethings about your p9lite).

I just done factory reset, phone definitely has frp lock.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)