FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

P9 Lite Nougat Battery Life Thread

427 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

By Usama707, Senior Member on 29th January 2017, 03:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So how's EMUI 5 Beta for u guys in terms of battery life?
Ever Since i got the nougat beta my battery life has been horrible especially when idle with Android OS Absolutely Killing my battery in standby without any WIFI or Mobile Data On . Normally i would lose 10-15% overnight
My Build Number is VNS-L21C185B331
30th January 2017, 12:08 AM |#2  
Amman
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usama707

Ever Since i got the nougat beta my battery life has been horrible especially when idle with Android OS Absolutely Killing my battery in standby without any WIFI or Mobile Data On . Normally i would lose 10-15% overnight

Did you dirty flash? If so try factory resetting your device, anyway android n it's still in the beta stage for p9 lite so expect some downside
The Following User Says Thank You to angvil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift angvil Ad-Free
30th January 2017, 01:12 AM |#3  
Flag Piliyandala
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:

I have a VNS-L31 device and currently on B336 version. My battery life is super awesome now. Even though standby drops some percentage. When I use it, basically I can get 6 hours of screen on time with mobile data (4G). So no problem so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nemeroz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nemeroz Ad-Free
30th January 2017, 07:36 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rawalpindi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angvil

Did you dirty flash? If so try factory resetting your device, anyway android n it's still in the beta stage for p9 lite so expect some downside

No I have tried factory reset multiple times along with wipe cache but Android OS bug doesn't go away.
30th January 2017, 09:28 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:

I've read around the internet that the cause could be the geo-localization when there is no WiFi nor mobile data.
I have your same problem during the night time. This night I'm going to try to deactivate also the localization together with WiFi and mobile data to see what happens.

I will update you.

Anyway this is a beta so I think also that it is normal to have this kind of problem. I'm sure that this will be fixed in future versions.
The Following User Says Thank You to drbitzer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drbitzer Ad-Free
30th January 2017, 10:29 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rawalpindi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbitzer

I've read around the internet that the cause could be the geo-localization when there is no WiFi nor mobile data.
I have your same problem during the night time. This night I'm going to try to deactivate also the localization together with WiFi and mobile data to see what happens.

I will update you.

Anyway this is a beta so I think also that it is normal to have this kind of problem. I'm sure that this will be fixed in future versions.

I Have tried disabling location etc but nothing works,Android OS still drains like crazy.In Safe Mode i dont get any Android OS Battery Drain by the way.
30th January 2017, 10:37 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

I Have tried disabling location etc but nothing works,Android OS still drains like crazy.In Safe Mode i dont get any Android OS Battery Drain by the way.

Doh! So we have to wait until next beta update or stable version.
30th January 2017, 10:45 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rawalpindi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbitzer

Doh! So we have to wait until next beta update or stable version.

Yup
30th January 2017, 12:40 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Yup

What ia strange is that there is no battery drain when mobile data is on...

At least in my case...
30th January 2017, 12:57 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
hey Guys, I can confirm I am experiencing the same battery drain as well - Android OS is taking from 10-20% of battery usage and is always on the top. I'm in official BETA project with build 336 and despite factory reset and few other 'tricks' I still have this drain. Not sure if I receive any beta update, I will have to probably wait for stable release If anyone resolves the issue, please post it here
10th February 2017, 01:03 PM |#11  
Flag porto
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Awesome!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1486731757938.jpg
Views:	2362
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	4036323   Click image for larger version

Name:	1486731771775.jpg