Why you should stop buying huawei phones.

Search This thread
G

GuestK00449

I decided to open my heart regarding the way i was treated by huawei warranty services and the phone that i own.
1 year ago i bought this Huawei p9 lite . Since it was very cheap, i thought to give it a try.
In the first year, the phone ran extemely smooth. Battery was great! Same goes for the software.
Then in the second year, the issues started to happen. Remember when Apple throttled their old devices? Well here is the same thing, but different. I got this nougat update and i ran into 3 issues:
First : Phone booted, apps removed (files, notes and such. I still could make calls and use the gapps.) I thought it got an error during the update and i sent it to the warranty. Everything went well. The motherboard was changed and i was left with the software it had : MM 6.0
Second : The phone updated itself. Same issue as above. Let it overnight to charge and next morning the phone was updated to nougat. I haven't set it to update or anything. So i sent it back to the warranty.
Last : this was the worst. I saw in the updater app that there was a new update (B382). I said : Maybe the issues were fixed.
So i updated it. Phone boots, on screen appears some letters in red that said : Your device cannot be trusted (in red). I freaked out. Then the phone boots into the software, this time with the same issues above, but the build number shown : Test Keys.

I sent it to the warranty and they cancelled both my repairs and my warranty, reason that i unlocked the bootloader. It was false, since i never got the key for the bootloader unlock procedure.
Now i am stuck with this phone. The battery drains and the software became laggy.
I managed to repair it using FF. Now i am in the nougat version, which is terrible. I wonder if the people who repaired my device DID something to the phone's motherboard/battery.
Last device i am going to buy. I plan to sell it and get a google pixel xl or a Oneplus 5T.

Update :
Looks like Huawei is really eating up my nerves. 2 days ago the phone's lcd went completely off. I could feel the phone booting and vibrating, also recognizing my fingerprint and touch. I went to their service to change the lcd. Idc if i had to pay for a new lcd, since i wanted a working phone until i will buy a new phone. Next day and they told me that they had to replace both lcd and motherboard. Money sucking vampires.
I went to other services (3rd party) and each one of them told me that the lcd was broken.
What the hell huawei?

Last edited:
G

GuestK00449

Forgotten to add : In the last attempt, they offered me to upgrade to Huawei p10, which gave me the impression that they did it on purpose.

G

GuestK00406

I second you on this, **** Huawei, I'm personally going back to Samsung when I have the money, a company that I can rely on

G

GuestK00449

I hate huawei not only for their actions towards my issues that they done, but the misleading ads and crap business practises. #NotMyHuawei.

davidhozic

Nov 18, 2017
Do you live in the EU? If you do, or in america, then they can't void your warranty unless they PROVE it was your fault

G

GuestK00449

Do you live in the EU? If you do, or in america, then they can't void your warranty unless they PROVE it was your fault

I live overseas, but that is not the issue. I discussed with a guy on Hicare and told me that it was my fault unlocking the bootloader. Don't worry, the issue was solved as i will buy a new phone next year and this Hawai phone will be sold.

G

GuestK00449

Looks like Huawei is really eating up my nerves. 2 days ago the phone's lcd went completely off. I could feel the phone booting and vibrating, also recognizing my fingerprint and touch. I went to their service to change the lcd. Idc if i had to pay for a new lcd, since i wanted a working phone until i will buy a new phone. Next day and they told me that they had to replace both lcd and motherboard. Money sucking vampires.
I went to other services (3rd party) and each one of them told me that the lcd was broken.
What the hell huawei?

Updated the post with this additional info. Huawei is becoming the new apple.

Last edited: