FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No Gapps Guide&Tutorial (MicroG)

253 posts
Thanks Meter: 286
 
By Thespartann, Senior Member on 31st March 2018, 07:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, this is an Tutorial of installing MicroG.
MicroG is an alternative to Gapps that includes:

Service Core: Is a library app, providing the functionality required to run apps that use Google Play Services or Google Maps Android API. (GmsCore)

Services Framework Proxy: Is a small helper utility to allow apps developed for Google Cloud to Device Messaging (C2DM) to use the compatible Google Cloud Messaging service included with GmsCore. (GsfProxy)

Unified Network Location Provider: Is a library that provides Wi-Fi- and Cell-tower-based geolocation to applications that use Google’s network location provider. It is included in GmsCore but can also run independently on most Android systems. (UnifiedNlp)

Maps API: Is a system library, providing the same functionality as now deprecated Google Maps API (v1). (mapsv1)

Store: Is a frontend application providing access to the Google Play Store to download and update applications. (Phonesky) [Same functionality and looks as the Gplaystore]

Why you would want to install MicroG instead of Gapps?
1.More privacy
2.Uses very little ram and memory
3.OGYoutube, an youtube app that works only with MicroG and has backround playback and downloads directly from the app

How to install MicroG:

Prerequisites:

In order for MicroG to work, it needs to pretend to be the official implementation of Play Services. To do this, MicroG must be able to spoof Google’s Play Service’s package signature.

Signature spoofing is not available in most custom ROMs, though patches are available for ROM developers to include in their project. For Marshmallow and Nougat ROMs, spoofing is provided as a runtime permission that the user can grant or deny to apps, which is an added bonus.

If your Rom doesen't include Signature spoofing then you can activate Signature spoofing with: Tingle/Haystack/NanoDroid/FakeGapps[Xposed Module]

First option:

Download Services Core, Service Framework Proxy, UnifiedNpl and FakeStore if you want to install other stores than the Official Google play store. (Yald Store, F-Droid etc) [Download link: https://microg.org/download.html]
Install them. After that go to MicroG settings and click on self-check, give MicroG the permissions required and check "System grants signature spoofing permission" if its not checked. To log in to Phonesky you need to enable Google device registration in microG settings, after that make any changes you want to the settings.
For more Advanced things check out: https://shadow53.com/android/no-gapps/setup-guide/3/ and https://shadow53.com/android/no-gapps/setup-guide/4/

Option two:

Flash MicroG from Recovery
Dowloads:
MicroG: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890129502657595051
PlayStore: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850504869
Patched-Playstore: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673956719939831837
UnifiedNLP: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569965960
Microg&Playstore: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569965959
Microg&Patched-Playstore: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962187416754472306

Flash any of theese in recovery.

Option three:

Download from https://downloads.nanolx.org/NanoDroid/Stable/
I recommend NanoDroid-MicroG.....zip

Go to Magisk Manager, Go to Modules and add the NanoDroid zip that you like.

Thats it.


Or is it?

How to install OGYoutube:

Install the modified MicroG apk from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ogmods...-apk-download/ (Its made so OGYoutube could work correctly.
Install OGYoutube apk from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ogmods...-apk-download/

[To make more apps work wihout play services, that MicroG doesen't include you can install "This app will run wihout google play services" Xposed Module]

You are DONE!

Give me a thanks if i helped you


MicroG: https://microg.org/
NanoDroid: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...icrog-t3584928
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thespartann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thespartann Ad-Free
 
 
12th April 2018, 12:50 PM |#2  
transporterman's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thanks man
The Following User Says Thank You to transporterman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift transporterman Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 07:45 PM |#3  
micheldarkcore's Avatar
Member
Flag Manaus
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Lightbulb play store error RH-01]
After installing the microG zip in my xperia z3 compact, the same no longer accesses the playstore, has how to reverse this?
15th June 2018, 10:00 PM |#4  
Thespartann's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheldarkcore

After installing the microG zip in my xperia z3 compact, the same no longer accesses the playstore, has how to reverse this?

Did you had Gapps installed?
Also this thread was more for the Y6.
Anyway answer my question so I can help you.
16th June 2018, 05:40 PM |#5  
micheldarkcore's Avatar
Member
Flag Manaus
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespartann

Did you had Gapps installed?
Also this thread was more for the Y6.
Anyway answer my question so I can help you.

my installation was normal with the sony gapps. to try to login in youtube mod I decided to test only this microG in a zipped way.
16th June 2018, 07:31 PM |#6  
Thespartann's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheldarkcore

my installation was normal with the sony gapps. to try to login in youtube mod I decided to test only this microG in a zipped way.


As i told in the thread.

MicroG is an ALTERNATIVE to Gapps. You don't flash MicroG over Gapps.
So basically uninstall the Gapps and MicroG / Clean flash the Rom.
And after that install NanoDroid-MicroG and NanoDroid-Patcher and enable google device registartion in microG settings.
Good luck. Next time read the thread proprerly
25th June 2018, 03:20 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
patch
Hi,

I have installed Nanodroid via Magisk on LOS 15.
Signature spoofing is not enabled.
I tried the xposed installer from F-Droid. This did not work. Magisk has a number of xposed modules but I cannot figure out which version to use.
I then flashed nanodroid patcher 17.2. This failed also!
How can I get signature spoofing to work? Thanks!

oneplus 5T
25th June 2018, 02:20 PM |#8  
Thespartann's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchotaoist

Hi,

I have installed Nanodroid via Magisk on LOS 15.
Signature spoofing is not enabled.
I tried the xposed installer from F-Droid. This did not work. Magisk has a number of xposed modules but I cannot figure out which version to use.
I then flashed nanodroid patcher 17.2. This failed also!
How can I get signature spoofing to work? Thanks!

oneplus 5T

Hi.
So your Rom is probably odexed.
You will need to use FakeGapps Xposed module.
Just install the Module, enable it from the Xposed app and reboot. Now signature spoofing will work.
If you need any futher help just pm me on Xda or telegram, @Thespartann.
Also if you want to log in into Play Store enable google device registration in MicroG settings.
I recommend you Aurora Store instead of Google Play Store
Good luck.

If i helped press the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to Thespartann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thespartann Ad-Free
25th June 2018, 02:38 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespartann

Hi.
So your Rom is probably odexed.
You will need to use FakeGapps Xposed module.
Just install the Module, enable it from the Xposed app and reboot. Now signature spoofing will work.
If you need any futher help just pm me on Xda or telegram, @Thespartann.
Also if you want to log in into Play Store enable google device registration in MicroG settings.
I recommend you Aurora Store instead of Google Play Store
Good luck.

If i helped press the thanks button

Hi Thespartann!
Thanks for the reply!
So, I got xposed installed. Flashed it in TWRP then in the xposed app I installed it via recovery.
I then eventually installed the FakeGapps app.
Microg gives self check now gives 'System spoofs signature' a tick - it did not before.
Another app 'Signature Spoofing Checker' however says 'Disabled' -???
I was trying to get the emergency/rideshare app 'Cell411' working. Previously it booted up and said play service were required. That message is now gone! Yay - except the map will not load!
So..
In microg there is a check box unchecked -'UnifiedNlp do not have location to test Geocoder'
In configure location backends I have 6 things ticked on.
nb The FOSS weather apps now load faster!
How do I get the map to load in Cell411 (and Uber)??
Am I missing some setting?

re: log in into Play Store enable google device registration in MicroG settings.
I have been using F-droid, Yalp and Aptoide. Will enabling device registration give me any functionality for maps?
I have not heard of Aurora! I will have to check that out!

What of google cloud messaging and SafetyNet - do I need those for any reason - map related or otherwise? ps I am trying to avoid all google service, foremost for privacy and secondarily for FLOSS reasons.
Thank you!
25th June 2018, 04:47 PM |#10  
Thespartann's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchotaoist

Hi Thespartann!
Thanks for the reply!
So, I got xposed installed. Flashed it in TWRP then in the xposed app I installed it via recovery.
I then eventually installed the FakeGapps app.
Microg gives self check now gives 'System spoofs signature' a tick - it did not before.
Another app 'Signature Spoofing Checker' however says 'Disabled' -???
I was trying to get the emergency/rideshare app 'Cell411' working. Previously it booted up and said play service were required. That message is now gone! Yay - except the map will not load!
So..
In microg there is a check box unchecked -'UnifiedNlp do not have location to test Geocoder'
In configure location backends I have 6 things ticked on.
nb The FOSS weather apps now load faster!
How do I get the map to load in Cell411 (and Uber)??
Am I missing some setting?

re: log in into Play Store enable google device registration in MicroG settings.
I have been using F-droid, Yalp and Aptoide. Will enabling device registration give me any functionality for maps?
I have not heard of Aurora! I will have to check that out!

What of google cloud messaging and SafetyNet - do I need those for any reason - map related or otherwise? ps I am trying to avoid all google service, foremost for privacy and secondarily for FLOSS reasons.
Thank you!

Hey again
From what I know google cloud messaging is for receiving notifications from some apps.
SafetyNet is so you can pass safety net
Google device registration is so you can log in to Youtube/Calendar/Play Store etc with your google account.
None of these three is enabled by default so no need to worry
Well, I never dived on how to use Maps, because I never needed to use Maps
Some apps may require you to have FakeStore, that's an app so other apps think you have Google Play installed (You might have to install FakeStore as a system app)
I will do my research these days and also highly update this thread with useful information.
As why Signature Spoofing Checker shows you you don't have signature spoofing, that may be because the framework still doesn't have signature spoofing, and the module FakeGapps just did some tricks, without modifying the Framework.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes