[GUIDE] Root Huawei Y6 SCL-L01, SCL-L02, SCL-L03, SCL-U31

Search This thread
Success for another L01 C432 variant

(For those, like me, who know less about this kind of subjects... I just came here to tell everyone that,)

Although I have a specific variant not listed in the original post (I have another SCL-L01 C432 build/B number), I was able to root my phone, just by going to the original app manufacturer's website (kingroot.net), downloading the latest version of this rooting app, and following the instructions to "optimize" my phone, before trying to root it.

That is: KingRoot V5.2.0 worked well on my SCL-L01 variant.

(But, newbies like me, beware: KingRoot will remain installed on your phone, even if you do a "factory reset" - and, can probably only be uninstalled by flashing an entire new ROM with a microSD card, like these Huawei brand models allow us to.)

Amaan007

Nov 15, 2016
Auckland
(For those, like me, who know less about this kind of subjects... I just came here to tell everyone that,)

Although I have a specific variant not listed in the original post (I have another SCL-L01 C432 build/B number), I was able to root my phone, just by going to the original app manufacturer's website (kingroot.net), downloading the latest version of this rooting app, and following the instructions to "optimize" my phone, before trying to root it.

That is: KingRoot V5.2.0 worked well on my SCL-L01 variant.

(But, newbies like me, beware: KingRoot will remain installed on your phone, even if you do a "factory reset" - and, can probably only be uninstalled by flashing an entire new ROM with a microSD card, like these Huawei brand models allow us to.)
That is obvious because it becomes a system app after u root with that

n0p3zz

Jun 18, 2012
Pancevo
There is one more way to root,but your bootloader must be unlocked and have latest twrp 3.1.1.0 flashed.
I successfully rooted scl-01 version with latest magisk 14 zip.
Just flash zip file from official Magisk thread and if magisk manager app doesnt show in launcher,just install apk from same official thread.
I tried flashing supersu before trying magisk but i had no success.

Marty Red

Dec 11, 2016
Toronto
There is one more way to root,but your bootloader must be unlocked and have latest twrp 3.1.1.0 flashed.
Just flash zip file from official Magisk thread and if magisk manager app doesnt show in launcher,just install apk from same official thread.

Just confirming that magisk 14 and magisk manager were able to root mu bootloader-unlocked SCL-L04 with no problems. Root Checker verified this and all root permissions were able to be granted.

Theopt

Jan 7, 2014

Where is that thread?

Got a SCL-01 to unlock but kingroot did nothing.

coffedroid

Jan 13, 2018
How did you do that? On my SCL-L01 it says to free some ram just after i rebooted the phone and i had to press the request button :confused:

Some SCL-L01s have bad model number (MSM8909 = bad model number for root) in build.prop you should have "HUAWEI SCL-l01" you could check it in = Settings > About phone (frist entry). I could send you correct rom (with correct model number, its my stock rom actually) if you need it, but its european rom.

KoFaPL

Jan 13, 2018
Some SCL-L01s have bad model number (MSM8909 = bad model number for root) in build.prop you should have "HUAWEI SCL-l01" you could check it in = Settings > About phone (frist entry). I could send you correct rom (with correct model number, its my stock rom actually) if you need it, but its european rom.
It's regular SCL-L01. Thanks for help, but i'll try to fugure it out myself

Qasimali6978

Apr 28, 2016
Need Help Anybody can help me .!:cry:
yesterday i have rooted my device SCL-U31, for Bootloader Unlocked and FRP Unlock, after so many try i have done in Fastboot&Secure Mode my phone was showing Phone Unlocked and FRP Unlocked
after this procedure i try to Flash TWRP 2.8.7 Recovery.img via TWRP Offical App . now my phone Stuck on Fastboot&Secure Mode and when i try to enter in Recovery Mode Phone Showing " Boot image verify failed , Please Update to the Authorized images "

kinldy help me in this regard,..!Thanks

cakra13

Nov 23, 2021
Succed To Root SCL-U31
Requirements:
UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER (Or No,You Can Try It With Locked Bootloader)
No SIM Installed (Or Blacklisted Phone,The Important Thing Is No SIM On The Phone)
KingRoot 5.4.0 apk
And Patience,On Some Phone This Method May Be Tricky Because The KingRoot App Itself Will Close Randomly (On Some Phone)
Step By Steps:
1.Disconnect The WIFI
2.Turn ON Airplane Mode
3.Install KingRoot Apk
4.Open It
5.It WIll Loading,If It Close Randomly just open it again after cleaning the app running on background
6.after loading it will automatically rooted,the succeed sign if you make it to the homepage that have 6 option on the bottom
thx and sorry for bad english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is MY original post my friend, you just copied MY data :p
    There is no need for a double 'guide' here my friend ...it's just installing an app and i provided users with the usefull data which YOU copied hehe :cyclops:
    SOLVED !
    Hi,

Which ROOT options do i have for this device? SCL-L01 (other versions : see UPDATE)
    For some unknown reason this solution does not seem to work everytime on this types.
    But better give it a try

You do not need to unlock your phone.
    Just install :
    http://www.appsandroidapk.com/tools/kingroot/
    http://androidmtk.com/download-kingroot-application

UPDATE : known versions of Kingroot working : succeeded feedback by other members but not always succesfull.

SCL-L01 4.5.2 Build : SCL-L01C432B130, SCL-L01C150B140
    SCL-L02 4.6.5
    SCL-L03 4.6.5 Build : SCL-L03C25B130
    SCL-U31 4.8.0 Build : SCL-U31C185B140 (but with unlocked bootloader)
    (another user : with unlocked bootloader, sim card out, wifi ON, Kingroot 4.8.0 = success)

I suggest you try all versions when above list is not working for you. You'll never know ...
    Feel free to post your rooted phone's BUILD number please to help others.

Removed bloatware and apps with any app like link2sd etc...Installed AdFree to remove all ads

Thnx !

Here is the original link :http://xdaforums.com/general/help/huawei-y6-how-to-root-device-t3218977
    Newest Kingroot 5.3.2 works perfect with SCL-L01. kingroot.net