FORUMS

SOLVED for some HUAWEI Y6 types : How to root this device ?

2,026 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,197
 
By raystef66, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 6th October 2015, 02:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
SOLVED !
Hi,

Which ROOT options do i have for this device? SCL-L01 (other versions : see UPDATE)

For some unknown reason this solution does not seem to work everytime on this types.
But better give it a try

You do not need to unlock your phone.
Just install :
http://www.appsandroidapk.com/tools/kingroot/
http://androidmtk.com/download-kingroot-application

UPDATE : known versions of Kingroot working : succeeded feedback by other members but not always succesfull.

SCL-L01 4.5.2 Build : SCL-L01C432B130, SCL-L01C150B140
SCL-L02 4.6.5
SCL-L03 4.6.5 Build : SCL-L03C25B130
SCL-U31 4.8.0 Build : SCL-U31C185B140 (but with unlocked bootloader)
(another user : with unlocked bootloader, sim card out, wifi ON, Kingroot 4.8.0 = success)

I suggest you try all versions when above list is not working for you. You'll never know ...
Feel free to post your rooted phone's BUILD number please to help others.

Removed bloatware and apps with any app like link2sd etc...Installed AdFree to remove all ads

Thnx !
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to raystef66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2015, 09:15 AM |#2  
raystef66's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag
Thanks Meter: 5,197
 
Donate to Me
More
Solved !
you do not to unlock your phone.
Just install :
http://androidmtk.com/download-kingroot-application
Just install this version AND only this ( the only one that works ) v4.5.2 and it worked for me.

Removed bloatware and apps with any app like link2sd etc...
Installed AdFree to remove all ads
Attached Files
File Type: apk NewKingrootV4.52_C127.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.34 MB, 24176 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to raystef66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2015, 10:09 AM |#3  
raystef66's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag
Thanks Meter: 5,197
 
Donate to Me
More
SOLVED
18th November 2015, 10:54 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raystef66

SOLVED

And what happens when you reboot? Is the root permanent?
18th November 2015, 11:09 AM |#5  
raystef66's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag
Thanks Meter: 5,197
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitri

And what happens when you reboot? Is the root permanent?

It's permanent. No worries. Let the app do its work.
Best thing is that you do not need to unlock bootloader etc. like some users propose to do. So not necessary to ask unlock code @Huawei. (warranty stays)
If i am not mistaken you can unroot too. (warranty not sure after root)
18th November 2015, 11:17 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raystef66

It's permanent. No worries. Let the app do its work.
Best thing is that you do not need to unlock bootloader etc. like some users propose to do. So not necessary to ask unlock code @Huawei. (warranty stays)
If i am not mistaken you can unroot too. (warranty not sure after root)

Well, that was the point. I want to buy this for my friend and want to be sure I can root without unlocking the bootloader, So thanks a lot. I wonder why other owners say it didn't work for them.
Do you have the dual sim / 2gb version ?
Cheers.
18th November 2015, 11:22 AM |#7  
raystef66's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag
Thanks Meter: 5,197
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitri

Well, that was the point. I want to buy this for my friend and want to be sure I can root without unlocking the bootloader, So thanks a lot. I wonder why other owners say it didn't work for them.
Do you have the dual sim / 2gb version ?
Cheers.

No thanks ( ...but always free to use the 'thanks button' )

I am using the 1gb / single sim - can not confirm it wil work but i think it will.
Good luck !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raystef66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2015, 11:28 AM |#8  
raystef66's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag
Thanks Meter: 5,197
 
Donate to Me
More
root checker
SCL-L01 = HUAWEI Y6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1841802651.jpg
Views:	9018
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	3546618  
22nd November 2015, 10:09 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Kingroot not root...
Quote:
Originally Posted by raystef66

Solved !
you do not to unlock your phone.
Just install :

Just install latest version v4.5.2 and it worked for me.

Removed bloatware and apps with any app like link2sd etc...
Installed AdFree to remove all ads

Hi, did u do other actions? Because i am not able to root by using only kingroot...
I tried a lot of time and lot I used many app and also pc...
Please can u help me?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonylom78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tonylom78 Ad-Free
22nd November 2015, 10:24 AM |#10  
raystef66's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag
Thanks Meter: 5,197
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonylom78

Hi, did u do other actions? Because i am not able to root by using only kingroot...
I tried a lot of time and lot I used many app and also pc...
Please can u help me?

Hi,
i remember by running Kingroot the first time it said it didn't go by the usual "quick" root.
But after that message i could choose to do it 'manually' by selecting just a button to continue.
After that it went running for a couple of minutes, even a couple of time it rebooted and after that it said "rooted succesfully"
Checked it with rootchecker--OK !
Other apps like solid explorer, link2sd ect. asked for permissions to grant, so i am rooted by that way.

? Do you have the 2gb version with 2 sims ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1757318390.jpg
Views:	5082
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	3551129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image773700473.jpg
Views:	5022
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	3551130  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raystef66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2015, 12:57 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raystef66

Hi,
i remember by running Kingroot the first time it said it didn't go by the usual "quick" root.
But after that message i could choose to do it 'manually' by selecting just a button to continue.
After that it went running for a couple of minutes, even a couple of time it rebooted and after that it said "rooted succesfully"
Checked it with rootchecker--OK !
Other apps like solid explorer, link2sd ect. asked for permissions to grant, so i am rooted by that way.

? Do you have the 2gb version with 2 sims ?

Yes I have the the 2gb and the 2 Sims. The screenshot u attached are after rooting success? Thanks for reply.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei-y6

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes