FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] How To Root An Acer Iconia A500

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 11th October 2014, 12:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for How To Root An Acer Iconia A500

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

11th October 2014, 12:50 PM |#2  

More
Sorry but my eset on my android says the file is a trojan.
Trojan Trojan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowie911

Good Evening from the uk

earlier on today a bunch of devs managed to actually root this tablet using a modified version of gingerbreak

below is the walkthrough of how to root this device

1. make sure usb debugging is turned on and unknown sources is selected
2. have a micro sd card inserted and turn the tablet on portrait and lock it with the switch to fix it in portrait
3. download and execute the attached apk. (i had to download from my comp and transfer to the tablet for it to work)
4. once the apk is installed run the root procedure within the app which was installed
5. wait and you will receive full root access

Edit to add original dev and thread

A BIG BIG thank you to monki-magic who provided the modified apk and the original thread is

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1046277

27th November 2014, 05:43 PM |#3  
Flag Boston

Donate to Me
More
Cool Probably great but:
The thing is forgot to be more specific, like in what Iconia did you do the test. and on writing let us know: Model, Operating system, version and any other specification that may help us decide to use your post or not. Acer computers and tablets are tricky really tricky to handle. So could you please let us know?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)