[ROM][5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12 for Acer A510[UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

fumbl

Sep 6, 2013
Berlin
@Shreps, any plans to include A511 or are you leaving us out here in the dark.
Im running on your cm-11-20150629-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511_lvm Stable - Final Build but still get the message: No voice support.
MerryXmas

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
@Shreps, any plans to include A511 or are you leaving us out here in the dark.
Im running on your cm-11-20150629-UNOFFICIAL-a510-a511_lvm Stable - Final Build but still get the message: No voice support.
MerryXmas
No, without the device I can't make it works.
About CM11, I will check if I can make another build, will have to check CM11 status.

Envoyé de mon One+

Reactions: fumbl

fumbl

Sep 6, 2013
Berlin
No, without the device I can't make it works.
About CM11, I will check if I can make another build, will have to check CM11 status.

Envoyé de mon One+
Thanks for your reply and looking into the CM11.
Anybody else around here running a A511 with telephone successfully?

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

Last edited:

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A
Shreps - I was trying to install this rom using twrp 2.7.1.0 bigsytem version, but after flashing the recovery it keeps failing to mount any of the partitions (sysem,delvik,cache, or internal) to wipe them when doing a factory reset, any idea how I can fix that? I tried flashing ypur cwm recovery but Windows 10 fails to connect to the tablet even though I have the adb driver installed and working.

Thanks in advance

Update: I finally tried a different USB cable and got your cwm 6045 flashed using adb and I just flashed the notrills ROM re-instaled since it is the most stable ROM that I still have for my A510 tablet.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

sony-xperia-z3-z3-compact-z3-compact-tablet-get-android-5-0-2-update-via-cyanogenmod-12-nightly.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

These unofficial builds are based on the CM t30 Kernel available at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_acer_t30

All my specific device tree can be integrated in the CyanogenMod project.
    https://github.com/Shr3ps/device_acer_a510
    https://github.com/picasso-m-mf-dev/android_device_acer_a510

These builds are based on some Graphic Legacy code, thanks to pawitp for his patches : https://gist.github.com/pawitp/c8a4b32ecd838146192b

Downloads

cm-12-20150409-UNOFFICIAL-a510_lvm (9f521876a716178e8b5711afb53a8d22)
    cm-12-20150201-UNOFFICIAL-a510-exp_lvm (c1e94281ae53ff70852e40312d7e07f0)

http://acer.shreps.fr

Requirement
    1. An unlocked Bootloader - JB Version
    2. CWM recovery or TWRP recovery
      version 6.0.5.0+ with LVM Support (Look at the CWM thread) or TWRP with LVM Support (called bigsystem by Elibl)

Installation
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Wipe data/factory reset if coming from another ROM or version of CM. If you are already on CM11 or CM12, just make Wipe Cache & Wipe Dalvick-Cache for a proper upgrade.
    3. Install the ROM using Recovery
    4. Install the adapated Google Apps (I recommend minimal Gapps 5 on my website gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip but you can use Latest Paranoid Gapps for 5.0.x
    Note: The partition layout of CM12 is identical to that of CM11 with LVM and thus you may use CWM with LVM to backup/restore.

Bugs & FAQ
    Known Issues:
    • RIL not compatible with A511 :(
    • Flashing L might take a while in recovery (please be patient)
    • First boot might take a while too !
    • Frequent random crashes
    • Bootanimation crashes after a while (but the boot process continues normally)
    • Setting brightness to minimum while on auto brightness may cause the screen to go completely dark with no way to set it back except for guessing where the brightness setting is or using adb to force set a higher brightness.
      If you have a black screen at first boot or after bad settings manipulation, use this commande in adb :
      Code:
      adb shell "echo 255 > /sys/devices/platform/pwm-backlight/backlight/pwm-backlight/brightness"
      If it doesn't work, push power to enable your screen and try the command again.
      If the bug comes with auto-brightness enabled, you can put your sensor on a light to force it to level up the brightness.
    • SELinux not in enforcing mode
    • Bluetooth may not work properly

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12 for Acer A510[UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Acer Iconia A700 and A510

Contributors
    Shreps
    Source Code: https://github.com/picasso-m-mf-dev/

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: JB Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-09
    Beta Release Date: 2015-02-01

Created 2015-02-03
    Last Updated 2015-04-10
    Here we go with the first public build !

cm-12-20150201-UNOFFICIAL-a510-exp_lvm (c1e94281ae53ff70852e40312d7e07f0)
    Wonderful @Shreps, and thank you for all the great work provided, thanks to you, our dear iconia continue to survive until 2015 ^^
    unfortunately this rom does not work for me :/ , after several failures, I think the cause is my bootloader which is always an ICS version, btw if a charitable person could point me to a link or a way to upgrade/update my bootloader to JB version, I would be eternally grateful ;)

Regards

The simplier way is to go back to stock and flash the Acer JB official Firmware. Then you will be able to flash back custom ROM.

@Shreps I'm currently using your CM11 rom and I probably will wait with upgrading to Android 5 until there is a more stable version. But I already want to say thank you for all your effort. As already mentioned, it's great to see that a tab from 2012 still gets supported by the community :)

As HornetRider said, it's quite usable.
    I will change the thread status to "beta" ;)

I will consider it as stable when A511 (modem/ril bug) and Brightness bug will be solved (if I can...)
    Bravo shreps
    Nice to see pawtip works used.
    is there another tegra3 with lollipop , to mutually work ?

I'm not sure, the t30 kernel is very Acer specific on many driver part.
    We need a good Kernel dev to manage to make it "clean" and remove all the Acer specific code, that would be great in order to properly upgrade the Kernel next.
    Actually, we're stuck on 3.1 Kernel version because of these Acer code.

But I'm not this person, I'm lacking kernel skills (and also free time) to do this.
    @Shreps

Please take a look at this commit: https://github.com/zombi-x-lp/android_device_acer_t30-common/commit/a86e7595ad850c51983279bc10683abb81f9650b

This seems to fix the screen going black with auto-brightness in a dark room :)

Yes, I laready had those kind of config to try, but didn't had time for now.
    Will test this when I can :)