A700 cyclic boot CYANOGENMOD

Search This thread

tuscan72

May 7, 2016
Hi folks,

I had installed kitkat 4.4.4 with recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-a700, then I decided to try the lollipop 5.1.1 with CM 12.1 and from there I got stucked with a cycle of reboot. It starts, with at centre ACER logo green and top "Bootloader Version JB-653b3d3 (Unlock Mode)" then it comes the CYANOGENMOD and after 5 sec it reboots. If I connect the USB, it is popping out the message (windows 7) that device is connecting but in this little time there is not enough time to establish the connection before it reboots!

I tried to go to the recovery with Press [vol-] + [power], Once the tablet vibrated, let go [power] and keep [vol-], Now the tablet vibrates a second time, let go [vol-] and press [vol+] quickwith, it comes: "Bootloader Version JB-653b3d3 (Unlock Mode)", second row "Entering boot menu" and nothing happen... it does not come the menu of the 6.0.4.4 anymore. I tried to connect the USB cable as well but it is not recognised (ADB DEVICES empty list).

Not sure if anyone is still on the A700 but any help would be very much appreciated!

mirakle

Dec 8, 2007
Paris
HTC Leo
Amazon Fire TV
Hi folks,

I had installed kitkat 4.4.4 with recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-a700, then I decided to try the lollipop 5.1.1 with CM 12.1 and from there I got stucked with a cycle of reboot. It starts, with at centre ACER logo green and top "Bootloader Version JB-653b3d3 (Unlock Mode)" then it comes the CYANOGENMOD and after 5 sec it reboots. If I connect the USB, it is popping out the message (windows 7) that device is connecting but in this little time there is not enough time to establish the connection before it reboots!

I tried to go to the recovery with Press [vol-] + [power], Once the tablet vibrated, let go [power] and keep [vol-], Now the tablet vibrates a second time, let go [vol-] and press [vol+] quickwith, it comes: "Bootloader Version JB-653b3d3 (Unlock Mode)", second row "Entering boot menu" and nothing happen... it does not come the menu of the 6.0.4.4 anymore. I tried to connect the USB cable as well but it is not recognised (ADB DEVICES empty list).

Not sure if anyone is still on the A700 but any help would be very much appreciated!

I guess minimal version for CWM are:
CM 10 JB CWM 6.0.1.5 minimum
CM 11 4.4 Kit Kat CWM 6.0.4.4 minimum
CM 12 LP 5 Lolipop CWM 6.0.5.0+

You should try to plug it in fastboot mode even if it does not appear in the adb devices list and flash CWM 6.0.5.0 with something like
fastboot flash recovery recovery6050image.img

I know the post is ageing but I have something similar with an A700, except I can get into a broken recovery:. I can perform some operations but no 'wipe cache' action for example, it reboots.
If I plug it in fastboot mode, it doesn't appear in the 'adb devices' list but I can flash different recoveries (but not sideload any ROM).

Some helpful files if you need them (latest A700 CM ROM have 6.0.5.0 recovery associated with the latest 2016 august ROM)

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=a700

http://acer.shreps.fr/

Sterist

Sep 30, 2011
Galaxy S, quadrant 2
if you can't get to recovery then you need to manually boot to fastboot / usb protocol to try a different one.

the directions are only a couple threads away from this one